• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not overl surprising.. i'm good with it.. better to rest him in the SJ game than the rangers and caps games coming up too

meszaros.coburn
streit.grossmann
gustafsson.schenn

would be my guess

When you have Streit performing offensively and a guy like Mesz or Gus just sitting on the bench, I would rest Timonen whenever he needs it for the remainder of the season. Whatever you have to do to have him ready for the playoffs, because I expect to wrap up the second seed in our division. I think Streit may even run the power play better anyway because he can score it and dish it.

I just confirmed that we're tied with Tampa and Florida at 14 for the most home games remaining of all eastern conference teams. Only Edmonton has more home games with 15 and their season is lost. Also, the furthest west we go is St. Louis. Comparatively, the NYR have 10 home games remaining and still have to travel to Minnesota, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Colorado. They have a point on us right now, but I like our chances to overtake them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a hiccup or two of late, but we're 14-3-1 on home ice since November 7th and have won three straight against some decent teams. That's why this matters so much.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Streit performing offensively and a guy like Mesz or Gus just sitting on the bench, I would rest Timonen whenever he needs it for the remainder of the season. Whatever you have to do to have him ready for the playoffs, because I expect to wrap up the second seed in our division. I think Streit may even run the power play better anyway because he can score it and dish it.

I just confirmed that we're tied with Tampa and Florida at 14 for the most home games remaining of all eastern conference teams. Only Edmonton has more home games with 15 and their season is lost. Also, the furthest west we go is St. Louis. Comparatively, the NYR have 10 home games remaining and still have to travel to Minnesota, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Colorado. They have a point on us right now, but I like our chances to overtake them.

I am very excited for the second season and looking over these stats i am liking our chances to have a good seed in the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are going to be insane (or very hotly contested) this season because you're guaranteed to have the 2nd and 3rd seeds of each division play each other in the very first round. Then, as of right now, you have the Pens facing the Red Wings (a rematch of the Cup Finals in '08 and '09) also in round one. Boston would play Toronto as of right now too. That's three divisional matchups and one that was for the Cup in consecutive years.

Of course, if a team slips and another surges, Pittsburgh could end up playing the Leafs, Caps or Jackets among others in round one. We're pretty much locked in as long as we stay 2nd or 3rd. The only potential benefit there is home ice. Either way, unless the Pens lose in round one or Boston loses in one of the first two rounds, we'll have to beat them both to win a Cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think the pens are the best possible matchup for the flyers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think the pens are the best possible matchup for the flyers.

They have way more star power than us (largely due to years of tanking), but we're just constantly able to rattle them and get them off their game. I also think we bring our A+ game more times than not when we face them and there's definitely something to them repeatedly failing to beat us on their own ice, where they are usually dominant.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have way more star power than us (largely due to years of tanking), but we're just constantly able to rattle them and get them off their game. I also think we bring our A+ game more times than not when we face them and there's definitely something to them repeatedly failing to beat us on their own ice, where they are usually dominant.

the rattling thing i think is the biggest. the flyers definitely get under the skin of malkin. they get under crosby's skin too, but that part doesn't help haha

they play a more open game, free flowing. the flyers are much better at attacking in situations like that, than against teams that clog everything and slow it down. the pens forecheck also doesn't cause problems like the bruins or devils does, for whatever reason. maybe because the pens are kinda small up front?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, he might be hoping for a chance to fix what he did wrong a few years ago.

That said, the Pens ARE probably our best matchup.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyers/Penguins on Sunday, March 16th will be on NBC at 12:30pm EST

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, flyers couldn't have asked for a lot more to go right over the weekend..

Flyers 2-0-0
Caps 1-0-1
Columbus 1-0-0
Devils 1-1-0
Pens 0-1-0
Carolina 0-2-0
Rags 0-2-0

Would've been greedy to ask for more! :suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, flyers couldn't have asked for a lot more to go right over the weekend..

Flyers 2-0-0
Caps 1-0-1
Columbus 1-0-0
Devils 1-1-0
Pens 0-1-0
Carolina 0-2-0
Rags 0-2-0

Would've been greedy to ask for more! :suds:

This Flyer team has more intestinal fortitude than any Flyer team i can remember. :yahoo:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Flyer team has more intestinal fortitude than any Flyer team i can remember. :yahoo:

It certainly has to help when your captain has probably as much competitive fire in him as any other player in the league. The entire team feeds off of this. The frustration shown earlier by G (among others) while down by two and then the exuberation on the game tying and winning goals tells the tale of how much everything meant.

I repeat, Claude Giroux is a man on a mission right now and it is something to behold.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly has to help when your captain has probably as much competitive fire in him as any other player in the league. The entire team feeds off of this. The frustration shown earlier by G (among others) while down by two and then the exuberation on the game tying and winning goals tells the tale of how much everything meant.

I repeat, Claude Giroux is a man on a mission right now and it is something to behold.

yep. the game yesterday awoke the Gragon

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlov got suspended two games for the hit

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlov got suspended two games for the hit

Not surprised at all. He absolutely drilled Schenn right in the numbers, head first into the boards and they were both in the same position all the way until the collision occurred. It was a dirty hit all the way around, looked equally as terrible and I thought for sure Schenn would be hurt.

It was the exact sort of along the boards hit the Nhl is trying to banish.

Status
Not open for further replies.