• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets beat the Rangers 4-3 in a shootout, so the Rangers tie Carolina with 45 points, each team a point behind the Flyers and Caps

We have 2 games in hand on the Rags and 1 on Carolina hopefully resulting in wins.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care that it hurts in the standings, seeing the Leafs get blown out is so satisfying

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adam Proteau is a dumb ass, he always makes the same stupid ass corny jokes about the Flyers goaltending - and that's not even their issue this season

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day

The Philadelphia Flyers have been on the road in 18 of their last 25 games. Across that span, their overall record is 14-9-2.

I think that we have to be very pleased when you consider that there were two long six game road trips in that stretch and the second trip yielded a 5-1 record.

Now, 18 of the next 27 games through the end of March will be played in Philly. I expect to regroup and make a serious playoff push during this time period.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Flyers have been on the road in 18 of their last 25 games. Across that span, their overall record is 14-9-2.

I think that we have to be very pleased when you consider that there were two long six game road trips in that stretch and the second trip yielded a 5-1 record.

Now, 18 of the next 27 games through the end of March will be played in Philly. I expect to regroup and make a serious playoff push during this time period.

I know we just won 10 games in a row at home and i dont expect to keep that 100 winning percentage but if we could win 8 out of every 10 home games the rest of the season we will be sitting pretty. :nod:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up boys! Long time no hear. It's nice to get back on here once in a great blue moon. Now that I live closer to NYC I can get down to catch a few games in the near future when Philly is in town. Las we need to hook up my man.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up boys! Long time no hear. It's nice to get back on here once in a great blue moon. Now that I live closer to NYC I can get down to catch a few games in the near future when Philly is in town. Las we need to hook up my man.

Welcome back Mall I was at the last Ranger Flyer game and i think i jinxed us. Hopefully one day we can hook up. :suds:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day

The Flyers scored three or more goals just once in their first fifteen games of the season. They have now scored three or more goals thirteen times in just their last fifteen games.

This gives you an idea just how cold the offense was and how radical the change in confidence/coaching from then until now has been. Remember, this is the same exact group of players minus the Downie/Talbot trade. History showed us that these guys could score like this and now they're backing it up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers scored three or more goals just once in their first fifteen games of the season. They have now scored three or more goals thirteen times in just their last fifteen games.

This gives you an idea just how cold the offense was and how radical the change in confidence/coaching from then until now has been. Remember, this is the same exact group of players minus the Downie/Talbot trade. History showed us that these guys could score like this and now they're backing it up.

i think that Lavi had lost the team and they werent going all out for him in practice thus getting a little out of shape. Berube will also bench guys that he thinks arent playing well and i think this also creates a sense of urgency on the team which is showing up in the scoresheet.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that Lavi had lost the team and they werent going all out for him in practice thus getting a little out of shape. Berube will also bench guys that he thinks arent playing well and i think this also creates a sense of urgency on the team which is showing up in the scoresheet.

Well, Ed Snider had said it was the worst training camp he'd ever seen across 45+ years with the team and I believe it. The team showed it out on the ice for the first fifteen games too. There was very little chemistry, everyone was off on their timing and there was no confidence to speak of.

The frustrating part obviously was that if the team felt this way about Laviolette in training camp, then they very likely felt the same way about him five months earlier. So, we got in that 4-10-1 hole for no reason at all, which now has us fighting for our playoff lives instead of probably challenging the Pens for the division title.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...at the expense of giving up more quality scoring chances against and hence more goals against as well. Over the last 20 games they've given up 65 goals against.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...at the expense of giving up more quality scoring chances against and hence more goals against as well. Over the last 20 games they've given up 65 goals against.

I have no problem with the more goals against and more quality chances if we are getting wins like we have been. We have been on a tear and if we have to play the mini run and gun and win ill take that style anyday,. :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players apparently have bought into Berube's coaching style where he doesn't do much yelling but he gets their attention from his intensity and accomplishments as a former player and assistant. He explains what he wants in a direct, no-nonsense fashion. He has stated often that he believes in every man on the roster and at first, players sort shrug it off as fodder. But now it is sinking in and the results are showing up on the ice. None too soon, I might add.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. We're 12-6-2 across that stretch anyway, so I'll take the offense over the defense any day of the week. We got blown away five times in those 20 games and Emery was the starter in three of them. I think that skews the numbers a bit and I also think we can and will improve defensively. The penalty kill is already quickly becoming one of the best in the Nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.