• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the roster spots are already there IMO.. rinaldo and especially rosehill are not needed on the NHL squad. move raffl down to the 4th line and you have a defensively capable 4th line with a little energy (rinaldo) and you have an opening in the top 6, at least until vinny gets back. what a perfect opportunity to give a guy (akeson) that can "only play in the top 6" a shot to see what hes capable of. i would love to see

hartnell.giroux.akeson
simmonds.schenn.voracek
read.coots.downie
rinaldo.hall.raffl

for a few games. and i wouldn't be opposed at all to mcginn replacing rinaldo.

i dont understand why akeson never gets a shot. i dont expect massive things from the guy, but he's got loads of offensive talent, why not see if it works? what do you have to lose?

it is upsetting that no one on either of the first 2 lines I am really loving right now. pretty much the only people i currently am happy with are read cout and downie :scratch:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is upsetting that no one on either of the first 2 lines I am really loving right now. pretty much the only people i currently am happy with are read cout and downie :scratch:

That leaves a lot of room for improvement, doesn't it? lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the way things played out last night after one little tweak of the top two lines, it may not be a stretch to say that one such subtle move can in many ways act the same as a trade would, except without the risk involved. Great move by Berube. That said, if we had skated as hard as we did last night against Chicago, that would've been a much different game and end result.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things played out last night after one little tweak of the top two lines, it may not be a stretch to say that one such subtle move can in many ways act the same as a trade would, except without the risk involved. Great move by Berube. That said, if we had skated as hard as we did last night against Chicago, that would've been a much different game and end result.

That was a long overdue move to get Harnell off the first line and im so happy it worked out well

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, it's as if Voracek had a clean slate and a new life. I'm not sure if I saw him all night long. Why? He was just a blur with the puck...lol I think our team speed caught Montreal off guard in that first period. We were all over them in all three zones.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, it's as if Voracek had a clean slate and a new life. I'm not sure if I saw him all night long. Why? He was just a blur with the puck...lol I think our team speed caught Montreal off guard in that first period. We were all over them in all three zones.

with raffl on G's line with voracek, that is a very quick line. could make for a matchup issue.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheFourthPeriod is saying we are willing to move Brayden Schenn, Read, a pick, and a prospect for Kane.
The Fourth Period :: Winnipeg Jets :: Jets getting more calls about Kane?

I'm a firm believe that Kane's "attitude problems" are a load of shit, but that is a pretty big package...

I love E-Kane's talent level and maybe the attitude problems are a load of shit but I don't want to move all that for a forward - especially considering how well Matt Read has played on that 3rd line - they still need defense more

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love E-Kane's talent level and maybe the attitude problems are a load of shit but I don't want to move all that for a forward - especially considering how well Matt Read has played on that 3rd line - they still need defense more

I agree. And as much as I'd like to see G gets his winger, I'd rather we just sit on our hands

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And as much as I'd like to see G gets his winger, I'd rather we just sit on our hands

Don't want to make the same mistake the Rangers did trading for Rick Nash, where they traded Dubinsky and Anisimov and got Rick Nash thinking he was the missing piece, when clearly, he wasn't the missing piece

Evander Kane is not the missing piece for the Flyers, whatsoever

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to make the same mistake the Rangers did trading for Rick Nash, where they traded Dubinsky and Anisimov and got Rick Nash thinking he was the missing piece, when clearly, he wasn't the missing piece

Evander Kane is not the missing piece for the Flyers, whatsoever

Sather really underestimated the importance of Dubinsky and Anismov. Hopefully Homer isn't doing the same with Read

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather really underestimated the importance of Dubinsky and Anismov. Hopefully Homer isn't doing the same with Read

Amazing that Columbus, a team with less talent than the Rangers, is tied with them for points - Dubinsky's got strong leadership qualities - Rangers don't have a guy that can do a little bit of everything - scoring, playmaking and dropping the gloves to get a spark - Dubinsky gave them that - and Anisimov is a versatile player that can play any of the top three lines when needed and gave them plenty of speed

It's not a knock on Rick Nash, he's a strong player but he's surrounded by second line players and that doesn't help him - they're better off having guys who fit better with each other

The time will come for the Flyers to get their winger for G - Bobby Ryan is a free agent in a couple of seasons, try to develop the defense and then get him if you can

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's way too much for Kane. I like him, but he's not worth all that. He needs to prove more before he's worth that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets, one of the teams tied with the Flyers in points, lead the Blues 3-1 in the 1st in CBJ

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division Update:

CBJ blew a 3-1 lead and lost to STL 4-3 in OT

Devils shutout Tampa 3-0

Carolina won in Phoenix 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.