• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Like Caldwell is another one slightly snubbing us. Apparently he wants to do the Detroit Interview first. Side note, Im a bit irritated with the whole thou shalt interview atleast one minority candidate for every head coaching gig. I get it they want to give minority coaches a shot, but seriously I would be offended if I was getting the token interviews for compliance sake.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen said he has not met with Cowher and declined to answer whether he had met with Gruden about the coaching vacancy.

Redskinsinsider

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to go after part duex coach herm edwards, dennis green, because nobody is going to come hear

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Like Caldwell is another one slightly snubbing us. Apparently he wants to do the Detroit Interview first. Side note, Im a bit irritated with the whole thou shalt interview atleast one minority candidate for every head coaching gig. I get it they want to give minority coaches a shot, but seriously I would be offended if I was getting the token interviews for compliance sake.

thats not true cause adam shafer said they acutely interview Caldwell on Weds

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not true cause adam shafer said they acutely interview Caldwell on Weds

The Interview police say otherwise. And I think they would be the first to report it if he had gotten an interview with the Skins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother worked at Fed Ex for a few years and he can tell you what Dan is like and it is not pretty. Dan is not liked by most people. The AJ Smith thing to watch what Shanahan is doing is exactly the kind of thing Snyder would do.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Interview police say otherwise. And I think they would be the first to report it if he had gotten an interview with the Skins.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4h
Redskins interviewed Ravens OC Jim Caldwell for their HC job on Wednesday, per league source.

Like I said I don't think Adam Schefter would lie anyway I don't even ever think he was in the running, its a rooney rule thing

The Skins are waiting for the bengels to get knocked off to go after mike zimmer

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been to 2 weddings that he was at. He was a complete ass. Saw one guy walk up to him and introduce himself and say he was a big fan. Dan never looked at him, turned to one of his henchmen and told him to get the guy out of his face. At a wedding. Classy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is our classy owner. These guys who write blogs don't know anything about that.

Funny thing is I worked for a printing company that did work for him before he was the owner. He paid upon delivery. We all rooted for him when he was trying to buy the team. We had NO clue.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read this blog and agree with most of it. Shanahan made mistakes and probably deserved to get fired. But this blogger doesn't mention at all why Dan hired Smith, what Smith's role was, and how it affected Shanahan and Dan's relationship. It short, it doesn't convince me that Snyder didn't meddle in his own way. What other owner hires an outside consultant who is a previous GM to consult on, we have to assume, is GM type activities. In other words, Dan hired Smith to tell him if what Shanahan was doing was correct. For a paranoid prick like Shanahan, you telling me that didn't have a affect? Hell, even if he wasn't paranoid, it would make you raise your eyebrows. Imagine if your boss came to you tomorrow and said he has hired a guy that has experience doing what you do to consult him on what you are doing. Wouldn't that affect you? Wouldn't you start to wonder if something was afoot?

See, as I've said earlier, I don't listen too much to these bloggers. I base my opinion on what I see and hear from the parties directly involved. Again, I'd bet big that this Smith hiring comes out in the future as an issue that Shanahan had that directly affected his relationship with Dan.

So now, assuming Smith is still on the payroll, Allen is under the hot seat. He's got this guy looking over his shoulder and reporting back to Dan. A man with questionable fortitude could very easily succumb to this pressure and do what the owner wants, as relayed via the Consultant. This is how it could very easily play out with Dan now smart enough to meddle behind the scenes. Hell,I'd prefer him out front if this is what he is going to do.

We keep pointing the finger at Snyder. If Shanahan was paranoid about the Smith hiring, then he needs to grow thicker skin or get out of the business. Because he will never lose his ego maniac issues he has.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does ANYONE want to coach here? all I read in the news is how coaches are leary of being in D.C. due to our nosey owner, as long as he feels he has to butt in on decsions and not let the FOOTBALL people make decisions, no REAL coach is gonna come here, I pray Snyder finally figures IT out because until then we're screwed as fans.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Bruce Allen finally gets to do his job though.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep pointing the finger at Snyder. If Shanahan was paranoid about the Smith hiring, then he needs to grow thicker skin or get out of the business. Because he will never lose his ego maniac issues he has.

Oh, I don't absolve Shanahan of blame. He deserved to be fired based on his record and the way he acted the last 6 weeks. But shanahan is gone. I'm looking forward. You know what I see? The potential for same thing that has happened the last 15 years. Shanahan, Schottenhiemer, Zorn and the rest of the HCs (with the exception of Gibbs) were all symptoms of a larger issue. And that is the cancer known as Snyder. So he is still up to his old tricks. Hiring outside consultants to meddle and eventually cause dysfunction and implosion. It looks innocent at first. But then the cancer starts to spread. Then BOOM!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good Briles is staying at Baylor.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the redskins are interviewing Cowboy Special teams coach, Rich Bisaccia for the head job.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins coaching search: How good a job is it? - The Washington Post

Great article on this subject with very good comments from Casserly & Hassleback. In spite of what some say - jobs like this are rare & most candidates will not simply refuse the job. As these guys mention - there are very few HC jobs & for the current NFL assts this means making at least 3 times more money. In addition - for the Redskins job you are talking about living in a very desirable area, having a very good QB & having good cap money again & all their picks within the next year or two. A coach could do a whole lot worse.

I believe some folks totally overplay the whole "Nobody wants to coach in DC" theme. HTTR

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen said he has not met with Cowher and declined to answer whether he had met with Gruden about the coaching vacancy.
Redskinsinsider

I've read that the Redskins are respectful of the NFL front-office fraternity and won't actively advertise that they're interviewing personnel on teams who are in the playoffs in order to not create a distraction.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the redskins are interviewing Cowboy Special teams coach, Rich Bisaccia for the head job.

I heard about this guy intact their is an article on hogs heaven bout him how he would make a great coach, Secial teams coaches have to deal with all times of diff personalities so he would be a great manager of a coach

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins coaching search: How good a job is it? - The Washington Post

Great article on this subject with very good comments from Casserly & Hassleback. In spite of what some say - jobs like this are rare & most candidates will not simply refuse the job. As these guys mention - there are very few HC jobs & for the current NFL assts this means making at least 3 times more money. In addition - for the Redskins job you are talking about living in a very desirable area, having a very good QB & having good cap money again & all their picks within the next year or two. A coach could do a whole lot worse.

I believe some folks totally overplay the whole "Nobody wants to coach in DC" theme. HTTR

I think it's overstated as well. The candidates are definitely aware of what's going on and has been going on in DC, but the position is still going to be lucrative to someone. The need to upgrade (or re-sign) in several positions might be a little daunting, but salary cap hit is behind us and the eventual HC won't be blamed for the non-development of a first-round pick we don't have.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's overstated as well. The candidates are definitely aware of what's going on and has been going on in DC, but the position is still going to be lucrative to someone. The need to upgrade (or re-sign) in several positions might be a little daunting, but salary cap hit is behind us and the eventual HC won't be blamed for the non-development of a first-round pick we don't have.

Maybe. But let me just remind you of a time 6 years ago when no one wanted to coach here. That's how we ended up with Zorn. Not saying this is the same time or situation, but this notion that there are only 32 of these jobs doesn't mean that you will always have a slew of qualified candidates interested.