• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM STARTING TO HEAR ALOT OF GOOD THINGS BOUT KEVEN WISENHUT, I WOULDNT BE MAD IF HE GOT THE JOB

How do you feel about Ken Whisenhunt? I would be okay with him.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about Ken Whisenhunt? I would be okay with him.

I wouldn't be too happy....I believe there are better canditates then him!!!! He was already a colosal Failure!!!

Jay Gruden 1st choice........

I want a First timer as my head coach...a guy with Fire in his belly to succeed!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mike Shanahan Error: How To Rebuild (And Then Destroy) a Team in 4 Seasons

here is the blog . read it , read it several times and let it sink in about what went on and what the author says

yes its a blog . a blog from a guy who sits in and asks questions at those pressers . no different the reid or wise or tandler or keim .

i am not a snyder fan i think on a good day he is a selfish egomaniac with a huge god complex and a major prick

but geez this CSI drama pack we get is a lot of straight BS and hearsay printed as fact

the kind of coach we get will give us more information

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too happy....I believe there are better canditates then him!!!! He was already a colosal Failure!!!

I want a First timer as my head coach...a guy with Fire in his belly to succeed!!!

he took the cards to a superbowl didnt he ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't know that about Bevell. I guess Gruden would be my first choice.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the love of god . smith has been on the staff all year . i am going to repost a blog i found that shows what shanny was doing

allen intimated to it at the press conference that shanny would go outside the organization for player acquisition input and would disregard campbell and brown .

after looking at the grades of the recommended players , allen came to the conclusion that they were right very often and shanny rejected their findings

so could a,j, smith been brought in to take a look at that ? or does it have to be some drawn out conspiracy to get snyder back in the game ?

i am not worried about snyder meddling . he gave 2 HC's free reign to run the operation and for the most part with gibbs and shanny did

i see no reason why its etched in stone that he wouldnt do it again

it doesnt mean he will . he could go back to meddling . but damn , how about we see what takes place before we start dyng a thousand deaths ? why worry about something that hasnt happened yet ?

I wouldn't mind AJ Smith coming on board with Brown and cambell to become a formidable trio, AJ Smith is a damn good player personal he just sucks at doing contracts thats why we have Bruce Allen

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are planning to meet with Cowher. Wisenhunt, Gruden, Cowher, and Bevell look like the favorites.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He took the Cardinals to a Super Bowl and he was a colossal failure? That's akin to taking the Redskins to the Super Bowl. :yahoo:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far i have eliminated bevell because cable basically runs Seattles offense. as for briles i wouldnt mind him as an offensive coordinator, hell no to him as a head coach. i like zimmer, gruden and cowher. i havent really looked at shaw and whisenhunt yet.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took the Cardinals to a Super Bowl and he was a colossal failure? That's akin to taking the Redskins to the Super Bowl. :yahoo:

Yea I guess he did.......Snuck up on people the whole year with Kurt Warner......but I want someone Who did something more then 1 year!!!

Like I said...i dont want a FIRED head Coach...I want a first timer, hungry to prove himself

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has to be the favorite. But Cowher is intriguing. Why else would you keep Haslett? He has a link to Cowher.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks to Bill Cowher

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the love of god . smith has been on the staff all year . i am going to repost a blog i found that shows what shanny was doing

allen intimated to it at the press conference that shanny would go outside the organization for player acquisition input and would disregard campbell and brown .

after looking at the grades of the recommended players , allen came to the conclusion that they were right very often and shanny rejected their findings

so could a,j, smith been brought in to take a look at that ? or does it have to be some drawn out conspiracy to get snyder back in the game ?

i am not worried about snyder meddling . he gave 2 HC's free reign to run the operation and for the most part with gibbs and shanny did

i see no reason why its etched in stone that he wouldnt do it again

it doesnt mean he will . he could go back to meddling . but damn , how about we see what takes place before we start dyng a thousand deaths ? why worry about something that hasnt happened yet ?

Because I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends. Dan starts by hiring a consultant or outsider for a "fresh" opinion. Lets see......Pepper Rogers....Sherm Lewis......Smith.....I think there was another I'm forgetting about. All of those situations resulted in failure of a HC. How many more times does he have to do it before you believe that it is his way of sticking his nose in things?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends. Dan starts by hiring a consultant or outsider for a "fresh" opinion. Lets see......Pepper Rogers....Sherm Lewis......Smith.....I think there was another I'm forgetting about. All of those situations resulted in failure of a HC. How many more times does he have to do it before you believe that it is his way of sticking his nose in things?

how many more times do i have to say that gibbs and shanahan were pretty much left alone ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many more times do i have to say that gibbs and shanahan were pretty much left alone ?

How was shanahan left alone if Snyder hired a consultant GM to look over his shoulder? What else would he have been doing? What other type of consulting would he give the owner?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was shanahan left alone if Snyder hired a consultant GM to look over his shoulder? What else would he have been doing? What other type of consulting would he give the owner?

read the blog jy . it says it all right there

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisenhunt to the Lions is heating up. With the Lions job out of the way we are the #1 coaching destination left. We should land Gruden.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the blog jy . it says it all right there

I've read this blog and agree with most of it. Shanahan made mistakes and probably deserved to get fired. But this blogger doesn't mention at all why Dan hired Smith, what Smith's role was, and how it affected Shanahan and Dan's relationship. It short, it doesn't convince me that Snyder didn't meddle in his own way. What other owner hires an outside consultant who is a previous GM to consult on, we have to assume, is GM type activities. In other words, Dan hired Smith to tell him if what Shanahan was doing was correct. For a paranoid prick like Shanahan, you telling me that didn't have a affect? Hell, even if he wasn't paranoid, it would make you raise your eyebrows. Imagine if your boss came to you tomorrow and said he has hired a guy that has experience doing what you do to consult him on what you are doing. Wouldn't that affect you? Wouldn't you start to wonder if something was afoot?

See, as I've said earlier, I don't listen too much to these bloggers. I base my opinion on what I see and hear from the parties directly involved. Again, I'd bet big that this Smith hiring comes out in the future as an issue that Shanahan had that directly affected his relationship with Dan.

So now, assuming Smith is still on the payroll, Allen is under the hot seat. He's got this guy looking over his shoulder and reporting back to Dan. A man with questionable fortitude could very easily succumb to this pressure and do what the owner wants, as relayed via the Consultant. This is how it could very easily play out with Dan now smart enough to meddle behind the scenes. Hell,I'd prefer him out front if this is what he is going to do.