• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A restaurant is not a pizzeria woman: So, headed back to NH mid Oct, spending a week on Winnipesaukee talked dad into staying two nights at the Lake House. My ole lady say's "Hey dad really like pizza let's get pizza one night. Okay I'm down I love pizza, but I am a bit of a pizza snob. So, she heads over to Yelp, which can be a good starting point and find a place called Tavern 27, got nice review. I tell her NO! Look for a pizzeria not a restaurant that makes a pizza. Of course I got the scowled look. Now understanding I am in NH more specifically the Laconia or Lakes Region my options will be limited. But does anyone else feel my vibe? There is a huge difference between a pizzeria and a restaurant that makes pizza .
Generally, but not always, and some horrible pizzerias in areas without competition. I'd look for reviews that give specifics about the pizza and a restaurant with good pizza reviews might be a valid option.

I'm texting my sister that has a cabin on an island on Winnipesaukee. I'll see if she has an opinion.

For some weird reason I'm now hungry for pizza.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A restaurant is not a pizzeria woman: So, headed back to NH mid Oct, spending a week on Winnipesaukee talked dad into staying two nights at the Lake House. My ole lady say's "Hey dad really like pizza let's get pizza one night. Okay I'm down I love pizza, but I am a bit of a pizza snob. So, she heads over to Yelp, which can be a good starting point and find a place called Tavern 27, got nice review. I tell her NO! Look for a pizzeria not a restaurant that makes a pizza. Of course I got the scowled look. Now understanding I am in NH more specifically the Laconia or Lakes Region my options will be limited. But does anyone else feel my vibe? There is a huge difference between a pizzeria and a restaurant that makes pizza .
Buddy gave me this (ahem) restaurant with wood fire pizza Fratellos Italian Grille. Seems a bit high end, but wood fired usually means good pizza to my palate.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss good NE pizza. Funny story, 30+ years ago I took my wife from Seattle to Boston. I told her she was just going to have a plain cheese pizza. She was totally against it, until she tried it. She said I spoiled her for pizza for her life. It still true to this day. Now, living in Thailand I surprisingly can find a decent pizza in some of the bigger cities. Could be there are quite a few Italian ex-pats running "pizzerias". Still not a good NE one that reminds of us of Bean Town. Certainly not a plain cheese.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should not need appreciation but you should appreciate it. Glad you are not my boss!
You are taking it out of context. A guy is part of a great play and I do cheer for the guy, but I often rewind to see a key block or something else the made the entire play work. I get annoyed at the look at me attitude but not enough to be bothered.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very few in the south that make a great pizza
Mezzaluna in Palm Coast and the European Village. Honest to God Pizzaria and great pies.

Tuesday is get a large for a medium price.

Sausage, Green Pepper. Onion and Black Olives. Fridays are Mezzaluna Pool Party Night.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill look into it. I dont worry about cost when it comes to pizza
Take it from a NH resident from 1988 to 2022 and last 25 of that in Manchester.. Fratellos is a restaurant and pizza is NOT their specialty. Across the parking lot is real wood stove pizzeria call 900 Degrees Pizza. Canal Street. That's where you want to go in Manchester for incredible pizza. On the way out grab a bag of chocolate rocks. It's all a bit pricey for pizza, but it's worth it. It was "the" place we went for pizza from the time they opened and we never went anywhere else. My wife always said that they made the best Margaritas. I'm a diet coke guy so I have no opinion on the tequila mixes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from a NH resident from 1988 to 2022 and last 25 of that in Manchester.. Fratellos is a restaurant and pizza is NOT their specialty. Across the parking lot is real wood stove pizzeria call 900 Degrees Pizza. Canal Street. That's where you want to go in Manchester for incredible pizza. On the way out grab a bag of chocolate rocks. It's all a bit pricey for pizza, but it's worth it. It was "the" place we went for pizza from the time they opened and we never went anywhere else. My wife always said that they made the best Margaritas. I'm a diet coke guy so I have no opinion on the tequila mixes.
I appreciate it but I don't want to drive from Laconia to Manchester to grab a pizza.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, but I get pissed when paying a lot for high promise and getting average.
Yep. and that happens a lot of Yelp reviews. When I see people giving Dominos 4 or 5 stars, or Subway 4 or 5 stars I really have to question how accurate some of these reviews really are

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss good NE pizza. Funny story, 30+ years ago I took my wife from Seattle to Boston. I told her she was just going to have a plain cheese pizza. She was totally against it, until she tried it. She said I spoiled her for pizza for her life. It still true to this day. Now, living in Thailand I surprisingly can find a decent pizza in some of the bigger cities. Could be there are quite a few Italian ex-pats running "pizzerias". Still not a good NE one that reminds of us of Bean Town. Certainly not a plain cheese.
There are a surprising number of good pizzas in California.
Why? Italian Yankees moved there and started restaurants.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a surprising number of good pizzas in California.
Why? Italian Yankees moved there and started restaurants.
I remember the late 70s early 80s the town grew up in Derry NH had a place called Broadway Pizza and Subs, pretty sure it was a Greek family that owned it, they had super pizza.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So… I was thinking about our Patriots Forum Good Guy @Carnzo and saw that he hasn’t been here in over 4 months. Anyone know if he’s ok? He is on the older side…

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. and that happens a lot of Yelp reviews. When I see people giving Dominos 4 or 5 stars, or Subway 4 or 5 stars I really have to question how accurate some of these reviews really are
You do know that companies pay people to make those calls to build up their score and have multiple "customer satisfaction" reviews?