• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman has been here for two days doing the tiles and installing the skimmer. We looked at putting a mosaic great white shark on the floor of the pool but just the mosaic was $1000 and the installation has to be at least $500. I've got a few grand tucked away.......I think it would be hilarious.

Anybody ever seen one in a pool??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman has been here for two days doing the tiles and installing the skimmer. We looked at putting a mosaic great white shark on the floor of the pool but just the mosaic was $1000 and the installation has to be at least $500. I've got a few grand tucked away.......I think it would be hilarious.

1725458230892.png

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looked for a "pissing money away" gif but couldn't find one.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mentioned this a while back - but maybe not. Tomorrow I'm riding my bike 100 miles for a fund raiser. Last Saturday I took it easy, but had been riding 50 miles for each of the prior 4 Saturdays and 40 miles for a couple before that. I also did a shorter midweek ride and a couple days of running and a couple days of weights during all those weeks. My weight's down, muscles are up and I'm feeling good heading into tomorrow's event.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mentioned this a while back - but maybe not. Tomorrow I'm riding my bike 100 miles for a fund raiser. Last Saturday I took it easy, but had been riding 50 miles for each of the prior 4 Saturdays and 40 miles for a couple before that. I also did a shorter midweek ride and a couple days of running and a couple days of weights during all those weeks. My weight's down, muscles are up and I'm feeling good heading into tomorrow's event.
Good luck, sounds like you had a good training plan going into this ride. You don't want to over train.

I ride 30-40 km 2x a week with an 80+ km on Sundays. Weight training and some cardio on the others in prep for my 1000km over 7 day ride in January.

Get some, enjoy

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, sounds like you had a good training plan going into this ride. You don't want to over train.

I ride 30-40 km 2x a week with an 80+ km on Sundays. Weight training and some cardio on the others in prep for my 1000km over 7 day ride in January.

Get some, enjoy
I just did 100 in one day but you'll be doing almost 90 per for a week. I'm humbled.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier than I thought... easier, not easy. I was up this morning, 16 hours after finishing the 100, and out for a run. The legs were tired of course, but not hurting. Even when stretching I wasn't feeling any pain. I road 50, then 52 miles the past two years for the same event and was far more run down, but I hadn't trained like this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did 100 in one day but you'll be doing almost 90 per for a week. I'm humbled.
Like you said in post# 1289 it's easier than you think. Not easy, but if you got up and ran the next day you could do it. Good shorts, nutrition, hydration oh and bum butter make a difference on multi-day rides.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys and gals, but I'm already getting sick of the "Me, Me, Me" celebrations in the NFL this year. I've never seen so many chest pounding assholes begging the stadium crowds for recognition. Yeah, you made a tackle. But it was after the guy you tackled had just caught a 37 yard pass. This is especially true watching the Jets play the 49ers. Jeezuzz, you're in Santa Clara, CA, not the Meadowlands. It's the 3rd quarter and your down 16-7 and Jennings just caught a pass for first down and Reed's in his face and won't let go of his jersey. Who's the asshole????
The coach has a 7-25 record when he's behind at the half and he talking like the Jets are up 49-0.

Sadly the MNF crew was talking about the Jets being a Super Bowl contender when the Jets jumped out to a huge 7-3 lead in the first quarter and were about to start sculpting Aaron Roger's HOF bust. Syrup and sugar about the Jets' awesome defense and how unstoppable the Jets will be with a QB who can direct the offense. Final score = SF 32 NYJ 19.

Please, please, please......................save the celebrations until February, or at least until you have the """W"""".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys and gals, but I'm already getting sick of the "Me, Me, Me" celebrations in the NFL this year. I've never seen so many chest pounding assholes begging the stadium crowds for recognition. Yeah, you made a tackle. But it was after the guy you tackled had just caught a 37 yard pass. This is especially true watching the Jets play the 49ers. Jeezuzz, you're in Santa Clara, CA, not the Meadowlands. It's the 3rd quarter and your down 16-7 and Jennings just caught a pass for first down and Reed's in his face and won't let go of his jersey. Who's the asshole????
The coach has a 7-25 record when he's behind at the half and he talking like the Jets are up 49-0.

Sadly the MNF crew was talking about the Jets being a Super Bowl contender when the Jets jumped out to a huge 7-3 lead in the first quarter and were about to start sculpting Aaron Roger's HOF bust. Syrup and sugar about the Jets' awesome defense and how unstoppable the Jets will be with a QB who can direct the offense. Final score = SF 32 NYJ 19.

Please, please, please......................save the celebrations until February, or at least until you have the """W"""".
I'm not sick of them because I don't watch them. I look away with "nothing to see here" attitude. No need to thanks someone for a job they are paid to do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to thanks someone for a job they are paid to do.
Not to be a contrarian, but if one is doing their job while others at the same position are performing less than desired, the one that is doing the better job, even if it is merely meeting expectations, deserves to be praised for having even a modicum of better work ethics.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A restaurant is not a pizzeria woman: So, headed back to NH mid Oct, spending a week on Winnipesaukee talked dad into staying two nights at the Lake House. My ole lady say's "Hey dad really like pizza let's get pizza one night. Okay I'm down I love pizza, but I am a bit of a pizza snob. So, she heads over to Yelp, which can be a good starting point and find a place called Tavern 27, got nice review. I tell her NO! Look for a pizzeria not a restaurant that makes a pizza. Of course I got the scowled look. Now understanding I am in NH more specifically the Laconia or Lakes Region my options will be limited. But does anyone else feel my vibe? There is a huge difference between a pizzeria and a restaurant that makes pizza .

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A restaurant is not a pizzeria woman: So, headed back to NH mid Oct, spending a week on Winnipesaukee talked dad into staying two nights at the Lake House. My ole lady say's "Hey dad really like pizza let's get pizza one night. Okay I'm down I love pizza, but I am a bit of a pizza snob. So, she heads over to Yelp, which can be a good starting point and find a place called Tavern 27, got nice review. I tell her NO! Look for a pizzeria not a restaurant that makes a pizza. Of course I got the scowled look. Now understanding I am in NH more specifically the Laconia or Lakes Region my options will be limited. But does anyone else feel my vibe? There is a huge difference between a pizzeria and a restaurant that makes pizza .
I feel you.

We have Pizza shops here, but no pizzerias.
There is no GOOD pizza here.

It's like our election...trying to choose which one is less bad.

There is a couple of good ones in Nashville, but they are still just on the Good side. Nothing like little Italy in Boston.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you.

We have Pizza shops here, but no pizzerias.
There is no GOOD pizza here.

It's like our election...trying to choose which one is less bad.

There is a couple of good ones in Nashville, but they are still just on the Good side. Nothing like little Italy in Boston.
Or Conn, Jersey NY etc.

I have a pizzeria I found nearby 15-mile drive whole in the wall joint makes a really good Scillian pie. I got lucky. I agree there are places that make a decent pizza very few in the south that make a great pizza

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are pizzerias in California that are also restaurants. A couple were favorites of mine. Here in Georgia I have not yet found a good pizza anywhere. If I drove to Atlanta I could probably find a great pizza. I avoid Atlanta. If you find a great pizza, send me a picture. I will eat it vicariously

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a contrarian, but if one is doing their job while others at the same position are performing less than desired, the one that is doing the better job, even if it is merely meeting expectations, deserves to be praised for having even a modicum of better work ethics.
But who decides what's a better job? That's the context of my comments and not a cold turkey you get paid and shouldn't appreciate recognition.