• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 15 I worked in a college dorm cafeteria. I was in charge of the dish room. Between meals we’d help in the kitchen. One day the old bitch ( head cook) asked why we had not cleaned the back door. My answer, we bad not been told to. She told the manager that I told her”not my job” manager asked me to apologize to her. I refused. He said he would have to fire me. I understood. Old bitch was more important than me. Life lesson for me? Don’t piss off the old bitch unless you don’t need the job. I didn’t

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life lesson for me? Don’t piss off the old bitch unless you don’t need the job. I didn’t
It sucks to be in that other position. Being able to say "you can take this job and ...." allows for a peaceful existence.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 15 I worked in a college dorm cafeteria. I was in charge of the dish room. Between meals we’d help in the kitchen. One day the old bitch ( head cook) asked why we had not cleaned the back door. My answer, we bad not been told to. She told the manager that I told her”not my job” manager asked me to apologize to her. I refused. He said he would have to fire me. I understood. Old bitch was more important than me. Life lesson for me? Don’t piss off the old bitch unless you don’t need the job. I didn’t
Haa!!

When I was 15 I worked at a knitwear after school. They made shirts and ski hats and such for whatever brand contracted them. I came in after school and cleaned the bathrooms first, helped with the shipping and then after the women on the sewing machines left I cleaned up around all the equipment.
Old Mrs. Montgomery ( the battle axe that owned the place) one day decided that I needed to clean the toilets when I first arrived, and again before I left. Now these were old nasty toilets that had been in this sweatshop for decades. The porcelain had been worn off LONG ago.
She came in and told me to scrub them clean. Ajax and a brush is not getting the rust out of cast iron with worn through porcelain. She said she didn't care. She wanted those toilets shining.

The next day I had a job at Grand Union bagging groceries.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 15, I had a job working Maintenance at the Eastland Hotel in Portland, Maine from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM. It was pretty much helping drunk guests get to their rooms, taking off their shoes after I dumped them on the bed. Also had to help the hookers who leased rooms get rid of clients who got a bit testy when they were too drunk to perform and wanted their money back. Learned how to take a punch and how best to deliver them. Gals gave great tips for fixing the A/C or heat, making sure that the bathrooms all worked and were supplied with extra towels.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER mixed business with pleasure. I was in it for the money, not the honey. I was paid $1.10 an hour. My take home was about $38.00 a week. Those ladies paid me twice my check every week in tips.

There wasn't a dry eye on the third floor when school opened.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haa!!

When I was 15 I worked at a knitwear after school. They made shirts and ski hats and such for whatever brand contracted them. I came in after school and cleaned the bathrooms first, helped with the shipping and then after the women on the sewing machines left I cleaned up around all the equipment.
Old Mrs. Montgomery ( the battle axe that owned the place) one day decided that I needed to clean the toilets when I first arrived, and again before I left. Now these were old nasty toilets that had been in this sweatshop for decades. The porcelain had been worn off LONG ago.
She came in and told me to scrub them clean. Ajax and a brush is not getting the rust out of cast iron with worn through porcelain. She said she didn't care. She wanted those toilets shining.

The next day I had a job at Grand Union bagging groceries.
I had a job at JC Penny as a kid. I worked hard on my hands and knees cleaning the floors. I remember a woman throwing her cigarette butt on the floor next to me and grinding it out. I also remember how bad the womens bathroom was daily. Women are disgusting creatures in private. Bloody rags on the floor, used TP on the floor, shit on the toilet seat because they would not sit down.
One day someone shit in the middle of the floor. I quit that day. Did not wait until the end of the day. I yelled at the asshole manager when he ordered me to clean it up. Get my check!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched a crew SPOT a swimming pool?

I have a 13' x 26' hole in my back yard that is 6.5' deep at the shallow end and 13' deep at the deep end.

Right now there is an eight man crew spraying, yes spraying concrete in the hole. The crew is moving everywhere with smoothers and trowels while the sprayer is just lathering the sides. The second concrete truck is already pumping concrete. The floor and walls are all one foot square rebar and chicken wire plastic paper. When this is done today the shell will be 12.5' x 24.5' of smooth concrete that will cure until next week when the acrylic patio and Gunnite liner are applied. My wife is supplying fruit cups, Nutri-grain snacks, lemonade and ginger ale for the troops. The foreman told everyone to do the best job that they can because that lady is so nice. It's 94 out there.

Should be swimming in that sucker by weekend after next.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched a crew SPOT a swimming pool?

I have a 13' x 26' hole in my back yard that is 6.5' deep at the shallow end and 13' deep at the deep end.

Right now there is an eight man crew spraying, yes spraying concrete in the hole. The crew is moving everywhere with smoothers and trowels while the sprayer is just lathering the sides. The second concrete truck is already pumping concrete. The floor and walls are all one foot square rebar and chicken wire plastic paper. When this is done today the shell will be 12.5' x 24.5' of smooth concrete that will cure until next week when the acrylic patio and Gunnite liner are applied. My wife is supplying fruit cups, Nutri-grain snacks, lemonade and ginger ale for the troops. The foreman told everyone to do the best job that they can because that lady is so nice. It's 94 out there.

Should be swimming in that sucker by weekend after next.
13'? Are planning to go deep sea diving in it? Have a 10 meter board above it?