• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?
They are not giving details at all. Show me the pussy!
Just one of a few. No it does not reference "Pussy" specifically, or any other slang like twat, fuck hole, roast beef curtain, hatchet wound etc.

Khelif is a woman, who is not transgender, nor identifies as intersex, according to GLAAD and InterACT. Khelif reportedly has differences of sexual development, known as DSDs, the organizations said in a Fact Sheet released Friday. Having DSD is not the same as being transgender

What is DSDs?

Differences in sex development is a set of rare conditions involving genes, hormones and reproductive organs that can cause the sexual development of a person to be different than others, according to the NHS.
Sometimes, this can lead to a person having XY chromosomes but develop otherwise female.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imane Khelif

Algeria's Imane Khelif (left) in action against Thailand's Janjaem Suwannapheng during the Women's 66kg Semi-Final at Roland-Garros Stadium on the Eleventh day of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games in France. Picture date: Tuesday August 6, 2024. (Photo by Peter Byrne/PA Images via Getty Images)

Algeria's Imane Khelif (left) in action against Thailand's Janjaem Suwannapheng during the women's 66kg semifinal at Roland-Garros Stadium. (Peter Byrne/PA Images via Getty Images)
PARIS — The story of the Olympics’ boxing gender controversy moved to a grander stage on Tuesday night, as Algeria’s Imane Khelif won a unanimous decision and now moves on to fight for an Olympic gold medal.

Can anyone point to one, just one feminine portion of this person's physique?

Arms are masculine, face is masculine, no waistline, chest flatter than mine.....................................................................

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imane Khelif

Algeria's Imane Khelif (left) in action against Thailand's Janjaem Suwannapheng during the Women's 66kg Semi-Final at Roland-Garros Stadium on the Eleventh day of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games in France. Picture date: Tuesday August 6, 2024. (Photo by Peter Byrne/PA Images via Getty Images)'s Imane Khelif (left) in action against Thailand's Janjaem Suwannapheng during the Women's 66kg Semi-Final at Roland-Garros Stadium on the Eleventh day of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games in France. Picture date: Tuesday August 6, 2024. (Photo by Peter Byrne/PA Images via Getty Images)

Algeria's Imane Khelif (left) in action against Thailand's Janjaem Suwannapheng during the women's 66kg semifinal at Roland-Garros Stadium. (Peter Byrne/PA Images via Getty Images)
PARIS — The story of the Olympics’ boxing gender controversy moved to a grander stage on Tuesday night, as Algeria’s Imane Khelif won a unanimous decision and now moves on to fight for an Olympic gold medal.

Can anyone point to one, just one feminine portion of this person's physique?

Arms are masculine, face is masculine, no waistline, chest flatter than mine.....................................................................
Even if it was born with a pussy...does it have ovaries?

Or undescended testicles???

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would share.

Our program second in command retired. This opened up a position for our PM to move up. The Assistant PM was the presumptive person to fill that now vacant PM spot. He's much younger than I, but he is a great people person and always wants to go to the book for guidance but is not a "By the Book" kind of guy. He's going to be a good PM even if he is more...woke than I prefer.

So now the vacant APM position. I was going to apply, I have all the requirements. But I am already paid like a PM, not like an APM.
So I could take the position, or apply anyway (It would be mine) and not take a cut in pay, but raises would be fewer and smaller. So I am staying in safety but as a benefit of staying where I'm at because they will now not have to job search to backfill my position, I am getting a 5% raise now, put in a different job classification which opens up more/bigger bonuses and future pay increases and...

I told them I want my company truck back. They agreed!

Whoop Whoop!!!

I gotta go wash my truck.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would share.

Our program second in command retired. This opened up a position for our PM to move up. The Assistant PM was the presumptive person to fill that now vacant PM spot. He's much younger than I, but he is a great people person and always wants to go to the book for guidance but is not a "By the Book" kind of guy. He's going to be a good PM even if he is more...woke than I prefer.

So now the vacant APM position. I was going to apply, I have all the requirements. But I am already paid like a PM, not like an APM.
So I could take the position, or apply anyway (It would be mine) and not take a cut in pay, but raises would be fewer and smaller. So I am staying in safety but as a benefit of staying where I'm at because they will now not have to job search to backfill my position, I am getting a 5% raise now, put in a different job classification which opens up more/bigger bonuses and future pay increases and...

Whoop Whoop!!!

Congrats. Sounds like a win win.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would share.

Whoop Whoop!!!

How can we give advice without knowing the impact on your quality of life? I've had opportunities for more money over the past several years but have declined due to not wanting to sacrifice parts of my life quality. I've sacrificed in the past and at those times it was well worth it. However, if I do that now it also affects my kids' lives too, which the money wasn't worth it to me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would share.

Whoop Whoop!!!

I really enjoyed my work with safety. Even the brass was afraid to tangle with me.
I was very good at my job and could not be intimidated.
Loved the look on the Commanders face when he would have to watch the Captain give me an award!
(knowing the Commander didn't like me)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we give advice without knowing the impact on your quality of life?
Well, I wasn't looking for advice. Just sharing a good vibe. Impact on the quality of my life? Hmm...5% raise, in line for larger raises and bonuses. So direct impact is more money in my pocket. Plus I get the company truck, so directly/indirectly: Less gas money out of the family budget for fuel/maintenance on my car and ability to use the truck for Lowes/Home Depot runs.
I've had opportunities for more money over the past several years but have declined due to not wanting to sacrifice parts of my life quality. I've sacrificed in the past and at those times it was well worth it. However, if I do that now it also affects my kids' lives too, which the money wasn't worth it to me.
This comes with essentially no change in job duties or additional tasks of any sort. So same job with more money.

When I moved from the construction side to the operations and maintenance side I gave up $30k a year so that I would not be sent wherever a company wanted me and I would not have to be on the road chasing the next job. That's kinda the way it is when you have spent decades building WTP's and WWTP's. If a city needs a new one or a major overhaul a big construction company comes in and everybody kinda works themselves out of a job. Because once the city has that new facility, there isn't another one unless you move to the next city. Either the next project the company you work for has won, or you move to the next company. So I had the opportunity to get off the road and be home with my kids every night. But I gave up a lot of cash and the truck.

And I would do it again tomorrow. Being there to raise my kids is priceless.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wasn't looking for advice. Just sharing a good vibe. Impact on the quality of my life? Hmm...5% raise, in line for larger raises and bonuses. So direct impact is more money in my pocket. Plus I get the company truck, so directly/indirectly: Less gas money out of the family budget for fuel/maintenance on my car and ability to use the truck for Lowes/Home Depot runs.

This comes with essentially no change in job duties or additional tasks of any sort. So same job with more money.

When I moved from the construction side to the operations and maintenance side I gave up $30k a year so that I would not be sent wherever a company wanted me and I would not have to be on the road chasing the next job. That's kinda the way it is when you have spent decades building WTP's and WWTP's. If a city needs a new one or a major overhaul a big construction company comes in and everybody kinda works themselves out of a job. Because once the city has that new facility, there isn't another one unless you move to the next city. Either the next project the company you work for has won, or you move to the next company. So I had the opportunity to get off the road and be home with my kids every night. But I gave up a lot of cash and the truck.

And I would do it again tomorrow. Being there to raise my kids is priceless.
I did structural steel in younger days. Traveled from job to job.
Had a son and that changed things. Mentally ill wife could not function so I needed to be home.

Kids are priceless!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to help my new PM fire someone today. As a witness and "Backup", and to collect access badge, gate opener and company phone.

I reported the guy for not being totally engaged yesterday and it was the final straw. I feel bad for him. He didn't see it coming.
You could see the adrenaline rush was making him shake.
His fault, he wasn't totally engaged, as in he was on his phone more than he should be, didn't gel with some of the others as he came off as a know it all even though it was all new to him.
But still, I hate to see a guy lose his job.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to help my new PM fire someone today. As a witness and "Backup", and to collect access badge, gate opener and company phone.

I reported the guy for not being totally engaged yesterday and it was the final straw. I feel bad for him. He didn't see it coming.
His fault, he wasn't totally engaged, as in he was on his phone more than he should be, didn't gel with some of the others as he came off as a know it all even though it was all new to him.
I had a young man working for me that was 2 minutes late every day.
He was good at his job and trying hard.
I explained to him that when an employee is an hour late, you figure something happened.
Being 2 minutes late every day, you might as well give your boss the finger.
Next day he was a no-show. He sent a friend to pick up his earnings for the partial week.
He was arrested the night before for DUI and also wanted a loan for about $100 over the pay he had earned that week.
I gave his friend the pay plus the $100. Told him his buddy was fired and I wish him well. The $100 is a gift and need not pay it back.
It hurt me dearly because I liked this kid. I refused to not teach him the lesson because I cared!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not on you. Either the guy figures things out and does way better at the next job or he doesn't and spirals down. It's all up to him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terminating a person is the toughest thing a boss must do. You're taking away his ability to live normally. For a moment.

I had to fire a gal who was a single mother of three kids. She had been in her position before I took over as her boss. I got a phone call from a large client with 78 employees. He asked why she hadn't been to his shop in the previous three months. I assured him that I would take care of it. I checked her weekly reports and she had a report for visiting this client every Monday for the previous six months. I called nine of her customers and asked when she had last been to their facilities. She had reported weekly visits to all of them and none had seen her for months. She lived less than two miles from our office and I drove to her house. Her car was in her driveway. I called her and could see her close a door and separate herself from her kids. I asked, "How's it going?" Her answer? "I'm just outside Peterborough heading back to the office." I looked at my watch and said, "I'll see you about 1:00?" She said, "No problem." I drove back to the office an sat down with the Div. President of the company and our lawyer. I had to literally threaten to call the corporate CEO to get our division president to fire her. Turning in false expense reports, false loss reports and just not going to work and collecting a paycheck. I figured he must have been banging her at some point. When she showed up at 1:45 PM, late because of an accident on the main road, I figured she had a hard time finding someone to watch her kids. I just came out asked her when the last day she actually visited anyone of the ten clients I'd spoken with. She was dumbfounded and said that I was the problem and for not trusting her.

After I took her ID and told her to clean out her desk, she stormed immediately to the Div. President's office screaming like a wounded rabbit. I'd already called the Corporate VP of Loss Control and told him what I was doing and he'd gone to see the Corp. CEO. They were behind me 100%.
The Div. Pres. told her not worry and to go home and he'd take care of it.

The office lawyer was contacted and he told the Div. President he was suspended for two weeks w/o pay and he had to call my gal and tell her she was done.

Sometimes you feel really bad about something and sometimes you feel vindicated.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it for him. But I will sleep just fine.
Haha. I wasn't suggesting you were a heartless SOB. It's a competitive world and we all must earn our keep. If you are in a slot where you aren't doing that either try harder or find a different slot. Most people fired either flat out deserve it or end up better off with the next job.

But your point is probably about adding stress and uncertainty to someone's life and I too don't like to be part of that.