• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Guitar work from Nancy.

I don't play but my son does and he says this is pretty difficult.

She makes it easy to understand, but being able to execute that is a completely different story. There's such a big difference between being able to strum chords and truly play a guitar like that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She makes it easy to understand, but being able to execute that is a completely different story. There's such a big difference between being able to strum chords and truly play a guitar like that.
AND.........You must have some flexibility in your wrist to reach around the neck of a guitar. I smashed the group of bones behind the thumb of my left hand and trying to press the strings evenly is nearly impossible. My son in law makes incredible rare wood guitars and he's making me on with a small neck. My brother made me a really nice three string, cigar box guitar that I'm finally getting a few chords from.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND.........You must have some flexibility in your wrist to reach around the neck of a guitar. I smashed the group of bones behind the thumb of my left hand and trying to press the strings evenly is nearly impossible. My son in law makes incredible rare wood guitars and he's making me on with a small neck. My brother made me a really nice three string, cigar box guitar that I'm finally getting a few chords from.
The only instrument I ever learned was the Jews Harp

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only instrument I ever learned was the Jews Harp
When I was young I discovered that with practice and proper tuning I could play many different instruments...

Vintage Radio GIF

...on the radio.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my 3 string box.
All I need to start a band is a wash boarder and someone with a harmonica

1724013445513.jpeg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell this puppy is hoome made.

Screw and Nut string lift and a door hinge string tie. The hole is a decorated paint can cover.

Yes. The connection does work when plugged into an amp.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my 3 string box.
All I need to start a band is a wash boarder and someone with a harmonica

View attachment 371271
Forming a band is easy. Finding an audience is the challenge.

Ian Andersen of Jethroe Tull tells a story of constantly changing the band name to get gigs because nobody wanted them once they heard them. The flute changed everything, and they got good helped.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a class I took in college back in the 1970s a professor handed out a sheet of lined paper and said, "This will count as 20% of your semester grade. You have met a business associate who has been blind since birth. Describe the color purple to him." I wrote, after fifteen minutes, 'I can't'. I got an A for being honest. Several people wrote that you tell him to mix red and blue. Think about it..................................

How do you describe 'pain'? More so, neuropathic pain? I have not had any feeling below my knees for about twenty years. I've had cuts and bruises and never felt a thing. Over the past week, I've had horrific pain in my ankles and feet so severe that I fall down if I'm walking. I took a med last night for the pain . It's called Gabadine. It knocked me out about fifteen minutes after I took it. I woke up at 5:00 am this morning because it felt like someone was pushing a sword up my leg from behind my right ankle. That's not even close to the severity.

I just needed to write about what I'm dealing with. Can't wake up my wife and wreck her night's sleep. Just needed to vent.

No one needs to reply.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a class I took in college back in the 1970s a professor handed out a sheet of lined paper and said, "This will count as 20% of your semester grade. You have met a business associate who has been blind since birth. Describe the color purple to him." I wrote, after fifteen minutes, 'I can't'. I got an A for being honest. Several people wrote that you tell him to mix red and blue. Think about it..................................

How do you describe 'pain'? More so, neuropathic pain? I have not had any feeling below my knees for about twenty years. I've had cuts and bruises and never felt a thing. Over the past week, I've had horrific pain in my ankles and feet so severe that I fall down if I'm walking. I took a med last night for the pain . It's called Gabadine. It knocked me out about fifteen minutes after I took it. I woke up at 5:00 am this morning because it felt like someone was pushing a sword up my leg from behind my right ankle. That's not even close to the severity.

I just needed to write about what I'm dealing with. Can't wake up my wife and wreck her night's sleep. Just needed to vent.

No one needs to reply.
I have neuropathy. I also have pain and numbness from traumatic nerve injuries.
Before I got an MRI on my lumbar spine that showed a bone spur crushing the nerve to my leg, a doctor prescribed Gabapentin
I complained to my trusted physical therapist and he said 75% om my patients are taking it!
I took it for 3 days and took some nasty falls. Could not balance for shit. I quit taking it immediately.
It's not for everyone, certainly not for me.....
Ya, I know, I replied anyways!