• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post anything that hit a nerve either good or bad,

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bored right now so I am planning an April trip to NH. As some of you know my mom passed on 12/22 my dad said he planned to do some memorial in spring and I know he wants me and my wife there. My dad is a 90 year old Korean War Vet USMC and the only military academy he never visited is West Point. I have reached out to West Point and operation Pops is in full affect, this April my dad will visit West Point.

Current Vibe, Sad, Happy and anxious

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bored right now so I am planning an April trip to NH. As some of you know my mom passed on 12/22 my dad said he planned to do some memorial in spring and I know he wants me and my wife there. My dad is a 90 year old Korean War Vet USMC and the only military academy he never visited is West Point. I have reached out to West Point and operation Pops is in full affect, this April my dad will visit West Point.

Hope it all goes smoothly, good luck

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me add responsible. You do that and you'll carry a satisfaction when it's your Dad's turn to move on. That's taking responsibility for your own feelings.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heating bill was $684 last month(up from $180 a year ago) and then my water heater needed to be replaced for an additional $2,500 last week. Plus my pool filter shit the bed a few weeks ago to the tune of another $2,500. And I just paid off our two weeks in the Caribbean in January which was about 15k. And then my wife went a little crazy on Valentines Day and spent over a grand. That on top of everything just being bloody expensive these days. I don't "worry" that much about money but lately it's impossible to ignore how expensive everything has gotten and we haven't really changed our "habits".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heating bill was $684 last month(up from $180 a year ago) and then my water heater needed to be replaced for an additional $2,500 last week. Plus my pool filter shit the bed a few weeks ago to the tune of another $2,500. And I just paid off our two weeks in the Caribbean in January which was about 15k. And then my wife went a little crazy on Valentines Day and spent over a grand. That on top of everything just being bloody expensive these days. I don't "worry" that much about money but lately it's impossible to ignore how expensive everything has gotten and we haven't really changed our "habits".
Wow dude that is a lot of cash in a little time. $684 for a heating bill is crazy

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow dude that is a lot of cash in a little time. $684 for a heating bill is crazy

Ya, everybody in my area is bitching about their heating bills.

My wife seems to think that utilities, food, insurance, and other home expenses and all that shit is free and that all of our money is meant just for pleasure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, everybody in my area is bitching about their heating bills.

My wife seems to think that utilities, food, insurance, and other home expenses and all that shit is free and that all of our money is meant just for pleasure.
So your vibe is

Angry, dissapointed and frsutrated?

Time to have at talk with the wife. I would start by showing her all the receipts then telling her you lost your job.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bored right now so I am planning an April trip to NH. As some of you know my mom passed on 12/22 my dad said he planned to do some memorial in spring and I know he wants me and my wife there.

Sorry about your mom. My mom passed on 12/22/18 so I understand what it's like to lose somebody that close to the holiday. She died the day before we arrived in MA for Christmas and the holiday totally sucked, particularly for my kid who was 5 at the time and didn't understand why grandma wasn't there to celebrate with us.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your vibe is

Angry, dissapointed and frsutrated?

Time to have at talk with the wife. I would start by showing her all the receipts then telling her you lost your job.

Slightly concerned.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about your mom. My mom passed on 12/22/18 so I understand what it's like to lose somebody that close to the holiday. She died the day before we arrived in MA for Christmas and the holiday totally sucked, particularly for my kid who was 5 at the time and didn't understand why grandma wasn't there to celebrate with us.
Yeah it's tough on the little ones for sure

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Freakin' Georgia and my electric bill hit $600 thiis winter.
I cut back on the heat. My mother in law wants it warmer and won't add blankets or more clothes.
If she dies, she dies!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am back in the saddle.
I am going to do the Dairy Dash 15K in April. We (my wife and I) did the 10K a number of years ago and did well and signed up for the 15K the next year. Severe Thunderstorms came in after the start and they diverted the 15K runners to the 10K course to the finish. Signed up for the 15K the next year and ...Covid.
In the meantime...November 2019...I ran the Ragnar Relay Race from Chattanooga to Nashville. 2nd time I ran it. Two van loads of people (6 each) leapfrog each other so that all 12 people run 3 legs each over 24 (+/-) hours for a total of 200 (+/-) miles. Google Ragnar if you'd like, they do races all over but Tennessee is off the books now. So anyway, late 2019 I do it again and my total distance is about 20 miles. My first leg was just under 2, my second was about 9, and the third was almost 9. The first was two short for me to get warmed up and I ran to fast to quick and gassed myself early. The second was a long gradual uphill for about 4 miles followed by a slow gradual down hill for 4 miles and then a flat mile through some little town to finish. It was about 1:00 AM and 20 degrees when I started. I was dressed perfectly in the sense that as I was running and getting warmed up, a tractor trailer would then roll by and blow cold air through my sweatshirt and boom, no more sweat. About every 5 minutes the cycle would repeat. The third leg was a very long steep uphill followed by many many short to mid steep uphill/downhill. It was Brutal. I have not run since. My knees still hurt.
But..fuck it. I'm not going to just sit here and die. Fat.
So Jules (My previously abandoned German Shepherd that I named after Julien Edelman) and I have been hitting the trails. She loves it, I love the fact that she loves it. 4 miles a day or so. Yesterday I was off but it rained all morning and I didn't want to go get the dog all muddy so I procrastinated. Finally, in the afternoon, I decided we would do the Greenway. we started at one end and as we got to the parking lot in the middle my Garmin watch said 2.9 miles. My OCD told me to go a little further and make it to 3.1 miles, or 5k. 5k up, 5k back, 10k done.
We hit 3.1 miles and turned around and headed back.
At about mile 5, Jules twitched real bad. My first thought was her hips, but was her feet. I had thought about the asphalt of the Greenway not being hot this time of year, but I did not think about it just being abrasive in her feet. I slowed her down and we tried to take it easy, walking in the grass whenever possible etc. but by the time we got back to the car her left hind foot was leaving a red dot with every step. On top of that vandals had gotten to the water fountains at the turn around point so there had been nothing for the girl to drink either.

Vibe...I'm an asshole. I pushed her further than I should have, I should have bought booties for her.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already lost a lot of people in my life.
all my family died close to the holidays.
People have a hard time understanding why Christmas is bittersweet to me......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to do the Dairy Dash 15K in April. We (my wife and I) did the 10K a number of years ago and did well and signed up for the 15K the next year. Severe Thunderstorms came in after the start and they diverted the 15K runners to the 10K course to the finish. Signed up for the 15K the next year and ...Covid.
In the meantime...November 2019...I ran the Ragnar Relay Race from Chattanooga to Nashville. 2nd time I ran it. Two van loads of people (6 each) leapfrog each other so that all 12 people run 3 legs each over 24 (+/-) hours for a total of 200 (+/-) miles. Google Ragnar if you'd like, they do races all over but Tennessee is off the books now. So anyway, late 2019 I do it again and my total distance is about 20 miles. My first leg was just under 2, my second was about 9, and the third was almost 9. The first was two short for me to get warmed up and I ran to fast to quick and gassed myself early. The second was a long gradual uphill for about 4 miles followed by a slow gradual down hill for 4 miles and then a flat mile through some little town to finish. It was about 1:00 AM and 20 degrees when I started. I was dressed perfectly in the sense that as I was running and getting warmed up, a tractor trailer would then roll by and blow cold air through my sweatshirt and boom, no more sweat. About every 5 minutes the cycle would repeat. The third leg was a very long steep uphill followed by many many short to mid steep uphill/downhill. It was Brutal. I have not run since. My knees still hurt.
So Jules (My previously abandoned German Shepherd that I named after Julien Edelman) and I have been hitting the trails. She loves it, I love the fact that she loves it. 4 miles a day or so. Yesterday I was off but it rained all morning and I didn't want to go get the dog all muddy so I procrastinated. Finally, in the afternoon, I decided we would do the Greenway. we started at one end and as we got to the parking lot in the middle my Garmin watch said 2.9 miles. My OCD told me to go a little further and make it to 3.1 miles, or 5k. 5k up, 5k back, 10k done.
At about mile 5, Jules twitched real bad. My first thought was her hips, but was her feet. I had thought about the asphalt of the Greenway not being hot this time of year, but I did not think about it just being abrasive in her feet. I slowed her down and we tried to take it easy, walking in the grass whenever possible etc. but by the time we got back to the car her left hind foot was leaving a red dot with every step. On top of that vandals had gotten to the water fountains at the turn around point so there had been nothing for the girl to drink either.

Vibe...I'm an asshole. I pushed her further than I should have, I should have bought booties for her.
I know you're a runner and I have shared with you that I used to be.
Echocardiogram today, Strees test Friday. I have a blood clot in my leg behind my knee.

Enjoy the running while you can. Old age can creep up on you or slam you!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Echocardiogram today, Strees test Friday. I have a blood clot in my leg behind my knee.

Oh damn.
That blows.
A coworker had a clot after bunion removal and they told her she cannot fly anymore...Prayers and good Karma Too you!!

I was a runner, now I'm a speed walker...speed hobbler!
If I keep it up though, I'll lose enough that it will be easier on the knees/feet/lower back that I can actually run a bit too.
Gotta keep moving!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Freakin' Georgia and my electric bill hit $600 thiis winter.
I cut back on the heat. My mother in law wants it warmer and won't add blankets or more clothes.
If she dies, she dies!
Yeah my monster in law has been instructed to not touch the thermostat.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but that is just a mistake Sir. I guarantee she wanted to go and you did consider the asphalt just not the abrasive side it.

Asshole Mehh? It's an honest mistake. Hope Jules recovers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Sir. I cannot lose weight my doc say's it's mostly metabolism I eat healthy but love my bourbon which I feel is my greatest enemy at this point.