• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I only like food, all kinds. But I like sushi as much as a good steak - and I do like a good steak. Middle Eastern food is high on my list too, and I'd take thai food any day over chinese. I'm training for my first century ride at the end of the summer, but run and mix in weight training too. I'm at my 25 yr old weight as I approach 60. Priorities for me are much different than in the past.
Good on you.

Love Thai food. It helps living here in Thailand. Actually, I've always enjoyed it and cooked it while I was still living stateside.

Chinese food in the NE US is the best. I'm not quite as fond of it anywhere else in the US or some other countries I've had it in, including Thailand.

Good luck on your first century ride. It's mind over matter. Annually we do an 800-1000km ride over 7 days. Great time with an international group of guys in our 50s-70s. We keep a 25kph pace and ride different routes in Thailand each year. US, England, Wales, Denmark, Thailand, Sweden, Norway, Canada and we all seem to get along.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Yup

Ehh...

Ehh. Thai is OK but I'll take good authentic Chinese.

Fuck yes! I've never ridden anywhere near that far. Good on you. My wrists and thumb go dead. I can't do it. Too many years swinging sledge hammers and jackhammers. I was such a dumbass.

Glad to hear it. I am once again back in the saddle and training for another half marathon. I would like to get back to my 35 year old weight, But I'll set my sights on my 45 year old weight and be use my 55 year old weight as motivation.
I can't run anymore due to lower back injuries. That's why I got into cycling. If you like cycling, have you tried getting a bike fit? It won't cure all the numbness on long rides but it will make a difference.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m
I'm going to push this a different direction. Looking for warnings, advice and things to beware of.

Here goes.

I have contracted with an excellent, experienced contractor to install.......................a 12' x 24' inground swimming pool.

Right now I have a hardly used lanai enclosed with heavy duty screen. That will be removed when the concrete is being poured for the pool and surround area. Then the acrylic surface will be poured and the existing lanai that has a broken tile floor will be resurfaced and covered with the acrylic. I bought the best pumping and emergency drain systems as well as the top of the line water heating system so I can use the pool all year
The entire area will enclosed with a bronze screen lanai.
It's going to cost $75,000.

Any of you ever had one installed????
hopefully you are getting a gun note pool not a liner. Filters and pumps are greatly improved these days. Neither chlorine nor saltwater are mandatory any more. I had a pebbletech pool in Cali and I loved it.

In my humble opinion, neither a heater nor lights are necessary.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m

hopefully you are getting a gun note pool not a liner. Filters and pumps are greatly improved these days. Neither chlorine nor saltwater are mandatory any more. I had a pebbletech pool in Cali and I loved it.

I assume you meant gunite.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m

My wife asked for a pool a few years back the answer was fuck no we aint getting a pool.

1. Cost of owning a pool
2. "You won't maintain the pool
3. Not here to entertain the neighbors
4. You won't maintain the pool

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full gunnite, no liner.

Salt water with a special filter system.

3.5' -5.5'. We ain't gonna have anyone diving. As long as I'm here, it's an old farts pool.

Nothing to maintain.

Waiting for the final permits to be approved.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full gunnite, no liner.

Salt water with a special filter system.

3.5' -5.5'. We ain't gonna have anyone diving. As long as I'm here, it's an old farts pool.

Nothing to maintain.

Waiting for the final permits to be approved.
How is there nothing to maintain?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is there nothing to maintain?
Absolute minimal.

If there's a draught, I have to put some water in it.

If there's a hurricane, there will be an auto-emergency pump to prevent overflow.

If there's a heat wave, I might have to do something.

If push comes to shove, I'll hire someone to do anything I can't physically do.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck on your first century ride. It's mind over matter. Annually we do an 800-1000km ride over 7 days. Great time with an international group of guys in our 50s-70s. We keep a 25kph pace and ride different routes in Thailand each year. US, England, Wales, Denmark, Thailand, Sweden, Norway, Canada and we all seem to get along.
Thanks. Since my training is really just part of my overall wellness it doesn't really seem like training. I'm churning out 30 miles without really feeling it. I'll start some longer rides soon but it's really filling time I could be spending being bored. I'll be ready for the century.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my training is really just part of my overall wellness it doesn't really seem like training.
My wife hasn't let me ride anything with just two wheels since a 145 lb. Rottweiler attacked me on small motorbike I used to take back and forth to work (1983).
SOB almost tore my leg off. I nearly beat him to death with the handle bar that I somehow ripped off when I crashed.

Been looking at trikes (pedal). Less wear and tear on the joints.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife hasn't let me ride anything with just two wheels since a 145 lb. Rottweiler attacked me on small motorbike I used to take back and forth to work (1983).
SOB almost tore my leg off. I nearly beat him to death with the handle bar that I somehow ripped off when I crashed.

Been looking at trikes (pedal). Less wear and tear on the joints.
I'm still looking at motorcycles.
Just had knee replacement surgery and 2 back surgeries.
Need hip replacement surgery.
I'm an idiot!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking at motorcycles.
I motorcycles and look at them every time I get an opportunity.

Problem for me is severe Neuropathy in both legs. I have no nerves left below the knees. Shift is my biggest problem. Without back pressure I can't sense anything. I can sense the pressure on an accelerator or brake in a car or truck. Just can't sense anything trying to shift on a Harley or anything else. The wife says it's a God send. I say it's God's punishment for all of my bad boy days.