• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Researching cars came across what to me seems odd but may now be the norm. Researched the Mercedes E350 and Honda Acccord Touring. I know you're probably saying wow what a vast difference but I also looked into may other cars, those two shared a common similarity that really turned me off.

Neither come with a spare tire, not even a donut, the come with a repair kit, which I assume is Fix A Flat. If you are paying between 40 and 60k you would think a spare would be a nice feature.
Yeah, I didn't know my '18 Taurus SHO didn't come with a Spare or a jack until it was too late. My daughter's '13 Caddy ATS is the same. No spare or Jack.
Just a compressor with fix-a-flat.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix a Flat can only do so much. Definitely need a spare. I certainly wouldn’t use half my trunk space putting my own spare tire in. Better come equipped and hidden away.
Someone explained it's another way to cut down on weight as cars are trying to meet EPA Standards??? Not sure that's true. The wheel well at least on the HOnda allows space for you to purchase a "Spare Tire Kit" that can be placed in the wheel well. Just another way the man sticks it to you

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone explained it's another way to cut down on weight as cars are trying to meet EPA Standards??? Not sure that's true. The wheel well at least on the HOnda allows space for you to purchase a "Spare Tire Kit" that can be placed in the wheel well. Just another way the man sticks it to you
Another form of "shrink-flation", give the consumer less while leading them to believe they have the same.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair Warning To All;

If you get an email and the title of the email is Knock, Knock. DO NOT OPEN IT

It's the Jehovah Witnesses working from home.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ALWAYS talk to the Jehovah witnesses. The key is to not give them any opportunity to talk back.
Mostly they ask me "Do you have time for Jesus, I reply of course I do I just don't have time for you" And I close the door.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair Warning To All;

If you get an email and the title of the email is Knock, Knock. DO NOT OPEN IT

It's the Jehovah Witnesses working from home.
I love talking to the JW's I can argue with them all day.
They are prepared like salesmen to answer most questions but I "know where they hide the bodies!"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love talking to the JW's I can argue with them all day.
They are prepared like salesmen to answer most questions but I "know where they hide the bodies!"
My favorite is when they try to validate a statement with a passage from the bible and I say "but that was written by man". However, I never tell them they are wrong, just that there perspective requires faith that I just don't have.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ALWAYS talk to the Jehovah witnesses. The key is to not give them any opportunity to talk back.
Or invite them in and lock the door behind you and laugh maniacally.

No, just kidding, but if you continue to talk about different sins and the different ways you enjoy them they will ask to leave. And I haven't had them stop again in a couple decades.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive Vibing my first attempt at smoking a Beef chuck roll roast for the 4th, never done one before should be interesting.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done it successfully a couple of times. Both were wrapped (banana leaf and foil) after smoking and cooked a long time.
Yeah I don't think i'll so the banana leaf. I will do an injection low and slow 235 SPG smoke paprika rub, likely use Oak or Hickory. Once I hit 170 I will increase heat until 205 then rest in covered pan for two hours. I want to do all I can to keep the bark tight

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think i'll so the banana leaf. I will do an injection low and slow 235 SPG smoke paprika rub, likely use Oak or Hickory. Once I hit 170 I will increase heat until 205 then rest in covered pan for two hours. I want to do all I can to keep the bark tight
Let me know how it turns out. Better yet, send address!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive Vibing my first attempt at smoking a Beef chuck roll roast for the 4th, never done one before should be interesting.

I’ve thought about getting a smoker. Food looks and smells incredible. But I don’t even grill foods very well. Not horrible. But it seems other people food from a grill task better.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve thought about getting a smoker. Food looks and smells incredible. But I don’t even grill foods very well. Not horrible. But it seems other people food from a grill task better.
I know this won't be a popular opinion here but.... food is overrated. Not food itself, the quest for the tastiest possible food.

I'm not saying taste doesn't matter, it does to give incentive to eat. But there are more important factors than just taste.