• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The more time passes, the more I dislike Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in review again. All of these free agents came here cause of Manning (oooops, sorry. Heavily influenced by manning. Sure hope that clears that up) even though none of them took less money. Let me know if I am technically wrong.

We have an overwhelming majority of us that agree he should retire. Even the one that called my thread a disgrace. We also have another that suggested that the distinct possible reason he did not make any announcement during super bowl week or right after ......

Oh never mind.

Peyton Manning is just great. Probably farts rainbows. Worthy of zero criticism.

:suds:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to it, NFL players are entertainers ... and like any entertainer, there are some we bond with, some we can relate to, some we have no connection with, and some we just don't like ....

On-field success has very little to do with why I like a player, esp the person that player ( entertainer ) is ..

There are musical artists who have sold millions upon millions of album who I cannot stand ... same thing

Reggie Rivers is one of my all-time favorite Broncos - and there is no shame in that .... I really could care less that he didn't achieve the on-field success some other players have, I simply like the guy ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there was virtually the same hype in him not announcing anything than if he did. In fact that received all sorts of attention. I know you along with many who always quick to give the "good guy " the benefit of the doubt and assume he is being selfless should consider that he did get the Lions share of attention. At least way more than deserved imo. Don't you agree?

I don't buy the selfless angle you have argued. Maybe you are right.

It seems as though we are all in agreement that he should retire. What makes everyone agree with that? If it is a foregone conclusion as some say, then why the delay now?

This ought to be interesting.

Also, can someone please give me that list of free agents who took less money to play with Manning? Thaaanks.

Nice subjective judgement - just in time to make your argument (in bold). You don't know that - and I will say the proof will occur when Manning announces his retirement - it will dominate the sports cycle.

Evan Mathis - btw - is a player who admits he signed with the Broncos for less than what other teams offered. Sanders also - was supposedly offered more by KC - something KC fans are still angry about. Many FAs signed with the Broncos early - meaning they got some value they were looking for, but they didn't shop around to other teams.

One of the items you have cited about Manning you don't like - is the sycophantic press - you may not like that, but how is that Manning's fault.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me I just don't know when is the best time to announce. For the Broncos as long as something is announced by March 8th it shouldn't really affect them one bit. Elway pretty much said that Manning's announcement changes nothing of what they are doing this off season. They are already counting him gone whether retired/cut/traded.

As for Manning think of it this way. From day 1 of his life he has been engulfed in football being a huge part of his life. So you are asking him to walk away from the thing that has defined him for so long. That is no easy decision even if all of us can see that he should be done. Elway is quoted as saying something like "that first 99% of the decision to retire was easy but that last 1% was hard to decide." I mean Elway took until like April or May before he announced hit retirement.

I don't know if any of the rest of you have a job that you love. I well have many jobs that I love. I am just getting ready to start up coaching soccer and golf once again and I love getting the opportunity to teach these students on a daily basis. If I had to walk away from that right now it would not be an easy decision. I love being a pastor and getting to invest in the lives of the people around me. Not everyday is perfect but if my family and I were to leave it would be hard to separate from the lives of those we work with everyday. I'm sure Manning feels the same way right now of not wanting to walk away from the thing he loves so much. He is one of the few that even 20 years later still loves the little things like watching film and going through the daily grind. He hated being asked to sit at least once a week to preserve his body. He would rather be out there taking every snap...not because he is selfish in my opinion but because he loves this game so much and wants to be the greatest ever.

finally I would add that it does sound like some teams would have interest in him if he did decide to come back. LA is one that I know for sure is having internal discussions about him and wanting him to return. So they at least see something in him that he can still go out and play a little.

All of this to say while it is easy for us as fans to sit here and say this should be an easy decision we are asking this guy to walk away from the game he loves so much.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last I checked Winning the SB is about as good as it gets .. I will take winning the SB again next year With Manning as our QB just to piss off more Broncos Fans !!!

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last I checked Winning the SB is about as good as it gets .. I will take winning the SB again next year With Manning as our QB just to piss off more Broncos Fans !!!
How would that piss off any Bronco fan? Some Bronco fan pissed now that the Broncos won the super bowl with Manning?

I mean, it was not because of Manning. It was in fact in spite of Manning. I mean that fact obviously pisses off Broncos fans. That is true. Actually, more to the point, it is more that Broncos fans are pissed at anyone pointing out that fact. Either way, that is a fact. Which pisses Broncos fans off.

But.....

Winning with Manning? Naaaah, I do not think I have seen any Broncos fans like that? You see any Bronco fan like that? I don't.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Kind of like them giving Elway the SB MVP over TD.

Well, in all fairness, Elway deserved that. Now, Manning getting the MVP over Dominic Rhodes was a bit weird.

Not for nothing but Manning had an 81 passer rating in that game with an int. Rhodes rushed for 113 yards with a 5.4ypa and a TD.

But Elway, deserved that MVP. Not forehead. :D

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - so you come here to prove your point - and pissing off Bronco fans with a long winded ratiocination - some how also proves that Bronco fans get pissed off when Manning isn't getting credit.?

When the men in the white coats come - they will take you to a very nice place - and in that place you don't have to listen to Bronco fans defend Peyton Manning. That only happens here - well you know that.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - so you come here to prove your point - and pissing off Bronco fans with a long winded ratiocination - some how also proves that Bronco fans get pissed off when Manning isn't getting credit.?

When the men in the white coats come - they will take you to a very nice place - and in that place you don't have to listen to Bronco fans defend Peyton Manning. That only happens here - well you know that.

Cannot tell what you are admitting here. Are you admitting he sucked? Or are you admitting that you are pissed at the person pointing out that fact?

Unless you are saying it is not a fact. Cause if you are in fact admitting that I post facts, then I am fairly certain the problem is not on my end, but rather the cognitive dissonance that the facts I present create within you. Therefore, the problem is not mine. The problem is yours.

Jim-Carrey-Smile-Shrug-Bruce-Almighty-520x245.gif

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even read your own stuff?

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even read your own stuff?

LOL, at not only the delicate sensibilities but the utter lack of a sense of humor on this board.

Still cannot tell if you are all upset at the fact or the person presenting the fact.

sigh.

This is fun.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that all this discussion must be taken in stride, with a grain of salt, etc etc

I think everyone from KFFL knows that while I love the Broncos and I am very passionate in my opinions, my sense of humor pretty much trumps everything else in my posts ..

When it comes to reality - health and happiness in life - that is what is important

As far as Manning and all this talk, just picture me sitting here typing with my big ol' papier-mâché horsehead on, or a more recent favorite, the big geek glasses with the fake nose

seriously

Those thing help me think

;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it hard regardless of the performance of certain players,that anybody that's a true Broncos fan could find anything or anyone to pick on or be upset with anything when your team won not only the SB, but memorable SB #50. Relish it, absorb it, be blessed,etc. Why would you even want to tarnish that accomplishment with negativity in any form unless you feel entitled for some reason or just feel neglected about how life has ripped you over something. Chill is right. Enjoy. If Manning does come back a plays somewhere else and sucks it big time ( which would prob happen for sure ) then you can get your nut and be so proud. :) cheers pal

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell Manning made our OL look good those last few games ...my god that alone make him a F'n HOF'ER !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, at not only the delicate sensibilities but the utter lack of a sense of humor on this board.

Still cannot tell if you are all upset at the fact or the person presenting the fact.

sigh.

This is fun.

We're good man. I'm not upset with you - I just don't agree that the "fact" you are talking about is reason to "dislike" Peyton Manning.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it hard regardless of the performance of certain players,that anybody that's a true Broncos fan could find anything or anyone to pick on or be upset with anything when your team won not only the SB, but memorable SB #50. Relish it, absorb it, be blessed,etc. Why would you even want to tarnish that accomplishment with negativity in any form unless you feel entitled for some reason or just feel neglected about how life has ripped you over something. Chill is right. Enjoy. If Manning does come back a plays somewhere else and sucks it big time ( which would prob happen for sure ) then you can get your nut and be so proud. :) cheers pal
Just for arguments sake I think some of it is valid. Since the rams game last year Manning just hasn't been the same and he had a Superbowl worth forgetting. Now the other side of that coin, he allowed our D to step up and play themselves into the argument for best D all time! That is incredible. I'm sure a lot of the checks he made at the line are overlooked as far as his helping the running game be in a position to make plays (Yes Brock can do it too). His helping of Brock when he was out is under appreciated as well. In all its hard to say he played well this year but that doesn't mean we as fans don't appreciate his time in Denver. I personally will take garbage QB play and a Super Bowl, who wouldn't. Our team has been one of the best in the league for the past several years and any real fan would be able to appreciate Mannings part in that. One last note, I think we must be the happiest team picking 31st in quite some time

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is dumb, and this thread is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.