• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The more time passes, the more I dislike Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me asking you which free agents came here due to Peyton Manning made the rest of the post irrelevant?

You did not say "exclusively " but I thought you said it was because of Manning. So,you are saying it was not ALL because of him, but partially because of him?

Let's review what I actually said. Since it's written and recorded and we don't have to speculate when we can actually go back to what was actually said:

This is huge and cannot be overstated. While Manning did not have a good season, he is a big part of why this team has the firepower on both sides of the ball they do and by extension, won the Super Bowl. Top tier FAs wanted to come to Denver and a lot of that is because Manning's presence.

What exactly do you think is meant by "...he is a big part of why...?" I mean he influenced the likes of Ware and Ward to sign with Denver. Sanders was offered more money by Kansas City and he pulled the rug on that deal. Mathis specifically stated he wanted to sign with a contender. The list goes on to anyone willing to apply a little critical thought and maybe a google search. To ignore that Manning was an influencer in these decisions is just...well it's pure stupidity.

Ok, ready for the list. Which ones were here all because of him and which ones do you suspect may have been because of him?

See above. You're acting like a mental midget here because you haven't adjusted your dialogue to match the points I'm making. I've seen Chiefs and Raiders fans who can have better conversations.

Makes you wonder though why Julius Thomas would go to the jags. Oh, right. For the money. Huh.

Not everyone buys into playing for a contender. Guys like Ware and Mathis were older veterans with 1-3 playing years remaining. JT was younger and valued the money more than being on a contender. If you're not familiar with this display of values by older and younger players I suspect you've not been following the league very long.

So we all agree that Manning should retire. I don't think we all agree on the degree of his contribution to the championship.

Manning's contributions to this Super Bowl win go further back than the 2015 season. Disagree all you want. But you're dead wrong.

I am wondering what degree you think he contributed. Oh right......you may have not read past my first two sentences because they may be below your intelligence.

Yes, they were below my level of intelligence. This isn't an egotistical statement by me; it's a values statement. You are twisting statements I made and making your counter arguments based off your adjustments of my arguments. This is intellectual laziness and I'll not argue on that level with you. I'm better than that and unpopular as a statement like that may sound it's the truth.

If you have read on, I will be waiting for the list of players the Broncos signed due to Manning being here.

I've been generous enough to mention a couple names despite finding your dialogue to be weak and without merit. I'll add another big contribution Manning made to this team that dates back prior to the 2015 season and was a big part of the dominance of this defense was campaigning for Brandon Marshall to get a look above the practice squad level. Your narrow scope on this probably stopped you from considering that. It's a product of a lack of critical thinking beyond Manning's stat line for 2015. And you wonder why I think I'm smarter than you.

Shaking my head at Broncos fans who are offended by a Broncos fan who thinks Peyton Manning is done. Especially when everyone of them thinks he is too.

Nobody is offended by you thinking he is done. In fact, I think most here want him to retire both because his playing ability has declined but more than that he has an opportunity to retire atop the pinnacle of professional sports: as a Super Bowl Champion. It's a story book ending, especially considering the way this season unfolded and just seems right for the man.

Tell me. Why do you Broncos fans think he should retire? What makes you think he should? Those are rhetorical questions, but you can answer if you want.

Anyone agree the Broncos going to 3-4 was a good thing? Been shouting about it for a while now. Back to ESPN board days. You all think that worked out? Just curious.:kissass:

Not sure where you're going with this. A LOT of fans have been clamoring for a 3-4 for years now. You don't actually think you were the only one do you?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference here is not that we disagree on the present state of Peyton Manning's abilities on the field, but understanding that - it would translate into disliking him. All of which boils your argument down to an indictment of Broncos fans for not "disliking" Peyton Manning because he ended his career on a rough note.

Either you are a very sophisticated internet troll or too innocent to know what you are doing.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Well said, Mingo. I meant to flush that out in my post but got ahead of myself.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference here is not that we disagree on the present state of Peyton Manning's abilities on the field, but understanding that - it would translate into disliking him. All of which boils your argument down to an indictment of Broncos fans for not "disliking" Peyton Manning because he ended his career on a rough note.

Either you are a very sophisticated internet troll or too innocent to know what you are doing.
Actually I mentioned the reasons why I am disliking him more and more. Much of it has to do with the sycophantic behavior of the media, the good guy image he sells and it not quite fitting with the actual truth and along with other things.

I do remember reading stuff about what went on at Tennessee years ago. Do not really hold that against him. We were all young and all have done shameful things. I have.

Then this delaying of his decision is not sitting well either. Especially since we all know he is done.

As far as the free agents coming here cause of Manning. They may have. Did they take less money? Was not aware that they did that. I know a few Broncos left. Like J Thomas and Decker.

Anyway, yeah Manning is Frustrating me more and more and I am disliking him more and more. Not for what he did. Always appreciative of that.

I can also list the things that make me sick. Even if it offends Broncos fans delicate sensibilities.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I will make the point that if Peyton Manning had made the retirement announcement at the Super Bowl or soon thereafter - it would have swallowed up all the attention the other 52 players should get for the Super Bowl win. It is a matter of courtesy to not step on the spotlight of his teammates or to compete with that spotlight.

I'd say the chances of John Elway not already knowing what Peyton Manning is going to do - is zero. Elway's courtesy is to allow Peyton to announce it when he is ready.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton should retire because:
  1. He turns 40 next month
  2. 2015 was his worst season statistically
  3. The Broncos need to secure their future with other players and Manning's salary won't allow that
  4. The Kubiak system doesn't fit Peyton's skill set
  5. He just won a Super Bowl and has a rare chance to go out on top
  6. He has more money than he'll ever be able to spend
  7. His legacy will remain intact if he simply walks away
Having said all of that, this Broncos fan will always be grateful for the relevance, professionalism and wins that Peyton Manning brought to the franchise. He may be done but his run in Denver was awesome. Go Broncos!
I wholeheartedly agree. He should retire. And really, the time he's taken to reflect upon this is not much at all, and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty much a given that he won't return to Denver in 2016. So really, he can take as long as he likes to decide whether to retire or not. The Broncos aren't really affected either way.

The guy deserves to bask in the glory of a Super Bowl win. The whole team deserves that, and the fans deserve to as well.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholeheartedly agree. He should retire. And really, the time he's taken to reflect upon this is not much at all, and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty much a given that he won't return to Denver in 2016. So really, he can take as long as he likes to decide whether to retire or not. The Broncos aren't really affected either way.

The guy deserves to bask in the glory of a Super Bowl win. The whole team deserves that, and the fans deserve to as well.

Truth. And Mingo makes a good point: Had Manning announced on the stage of the Super Bowl it would have washed out the team's accomplishment. He didn't make a moment that was about the team a moment about Peyton Manning. (That's a line of dialogue that doesn't suit OP in his quest to dislike Manning, but I digress.)

My guess is Elway and Manning will have the terms to Brock's contract drawn up and they will go final and live with those details within hours of Manning's announcement.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line those who truly dislike Manning, and we know who those are, aren't going to change their minds. Nor are those of us who have tremendous respect and appreciation for him going to change our minds either.

So this thread is dead to me. ;)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. And Mingo makes a good point: Had Manning announced on the stage of the Super Bowl it would have washed out the team's accomplishment. He didn't make a moment that was about the team a moment about Peyton Manning. (That's a line of dialogue that doesn't suit OP in his quest to dislike Manning, but I digress.)

My guess is Elway and Manning will have the terms to Brock's contract drawn up and they will go final and live with those details within hours of Manning's announcement.
Yeah, it's a strong and valid point Mingo makes, and I agree it's probably one consideration Manning is making. I have my suspicions concerning the OP and why it was posted. I've said my peace and he'll see no further response or acknowledgment from me. I'm still too busy basking in the win for all that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a fan cannot be frustrated with Manning eh? You surprise me randy.

What exactly does he deserve? Pure praise with out any criticism?

Why is that?

Broncoball
I think you don't give him enough credit for his ability to make critical calls at the line of scrimmage that extended drives. Stats don't say everything. Do I think it's time for him to hang it up? Hell yeah! Do I think he looked like crap for the most part? Hell yeah!. But to say he still wasn't instrumental in getting Denver a ring is ludicrous. Remember, even though he might be 5-12 for 45 yds , he also would make key throw on 3rd downs that resulted in at least fgs Denver won a shitload of games thanks to those drives. Could Denver have done better with another qb, who knows. Fact is it doesn't matter does it. Nobody knows,even you. What is fact though, Denver has a SB ring and the qbs helped them get that. He (Manning ) at least deserves some respect and gratitude for getting ALL Denver fans the SB 50 trophy. :)

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I will make the point that if Peyton Manning had made the retirement announcement at the Super Bowl or soon thereafter - it would have swallowed up all the attention the other 52 players should get for the Super Bowl win. It is a matter of courtesy to not step on the spotlight of his teammates or to compete with that spotlight.

I'd say the chances of John Elway not already knowing what Peyton Manning is going to do - is zero. Elway's courtesy is to allow Peyton to announce it when he is ready.
Actually, there was virtually the same hype in him not announcing anything than if he did. In fact that received all sorts of attention. I know you along with many who always quick to give the "good guy " the benefit of the doubt and assume he is being selfless should consider that he did get the Lions share of attention. At least way more than deserved imo. Don't you agree?

I don't buy the selfless angle you have argued. Maybe you are right.

It seems as though we are all in agreement that he should retire. What makes everyone agree with that? If it is a foregone conclusion as some say, then why the delay now?

This ought to be interesting.

Also, can someone please give me that list of free agents who took less money to play with Manning? Thaaanks.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you don't give him enough credit for his ability to make critical calls at the line of scrimmage that extended drives. Stats don't say everything. Do I think it's time for him to hang it up? Hell yeah! Do I think he looked like crap for the most part? Hell yeah!. But to say he still wasn't instrumental in getting Denver a ring is ludicrous. Remember, even though he might be 5-12 for 45 yds , he also would make key throw on 3rd downs that resulted in at least fgs Denver won a shitload of games thanks to those drives. Could Denver have done better with another qb, who knows. Fact is it doesn't matter does it. Nobody knows,even you. What is fact though, Denver has a SB ring and the qbs helped them get that. He (Manning ) at least deserves some respect and gratitude for getting ALL Denver fans the SB 50 trophy. :)
Come on randy. You are reaching now. He was one of the worst QBs in the NFL last year. He was bailed out a bunch of times including the super bowl.

Come on man.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there was virtually the same hype in him not announcing anything than if he did. In fact that received all sorts of attention. I know you along with many who always quick to give the "good guy " the benefit of the doubt and assume he is being selfless should consider that he did get the Lions share of attention. At least way more than deserved imo. Don't you agree?

I don't buy the selfless angle you have argued. Maybe you are right.

So you've found a way to dislike him regardless of which way he played it. Say no more. Your mind is made up.

It seems as though we are all in agreement that he should retire. What makes everyone agree with that? If it is a foregone conclusion as some say, then why the delay now?

This ought to be interesting.

WE may be in agreement but WE are not the ones making the decision. Manning himself is and maybe he is considering another year. And THAT is why the delay.

Also, can someone please give me that list of free agents who took less money to play with Manning? Thaaanks.

Again, twisting the narrative. My claim was Manning was an influencer to bring FAs to Denver, not that they necessarily took less pay to play in Denver. I'm not sure where you got that. Probably in that twisted little brain of yours, but definitely not from a post I made. Oh, and some of those FAs have been identified already on this thread.

I'm out. This thread has run its course. OP is free to dislike Manning all he wants and we are free to feel otherwise.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've found a way to dislike him regardless of which way he played it. Say no more. Your mind is made up.

WE may be in agreement but WE are not the ones making the decision. Manning himself is and maybe he is considering another year. And THAT is why the delay.

Again, twisting the narrative. My claim was Manning was an influencer to bring FAs to Denver, not that they necessarily took less pay to play in Denver. I'm not sure where you got that. Probably in that twisted little brain of yours, but definitely not from a post I made. Oh, and some of those FAs have been identified already on this thread.

I'm out. This thread has run its course. OP is free to dislike Manning all he wants and we are free to feel otherwise.
So now we are back to not being sure. Ok. We are all over the place.

So, in review. We all agree he should retire. We all know why too.

Some say the reason for announcement is because he is so thoughtful of his teammates. To which I say.....no.

Sigh.

The thread has run its course true.

Which free agents took less money again? Still waiting for that list. Thaaaanks.

Last edited:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which free agents took less money again? Still waiting for that list. Thaaaanks.

Perhaps it's not applicable but I would be willing to take a few less million to play for the Broncos with or without Peyton Manning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I said I was done, but morbid curiosity got the best of me.

To say this:

...After I just said this:

...demonstrates you are hell bent on not being convinced no matter what anyone says. I've seen all I need to see. NOW I'm done with this thread. And OP. We have too many good fans on this forum to waste any time on this guy. We survived Duffman dumbing down the collective football IQ of this forum and we can do the same with knight.

Cheers all around, even to you, knight. :suds:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it rather interesting that there is only one person who is bagging on Manning.....

this is like arguing religion or politics. it is pointless.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is not coming back to the Broncos so it doesn't matter if he announces today or a month from now. Broncos have moved on.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it IMO Payton the back up .. that's all that is left on this team .

Status
Not open for further replies.