• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The more time passes, the more I dislike Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe a bit harsh. He is frustrating me and it has been for a while now. Always sensed that he is not quite the "good guy" he portrays himself as. The awe shucks smile etc.

This situation fits right into the thing that has annoyed me about him. He just has to be the contrarian about this. He he has to "take time to reflect."

He sucks, ok? There I said it. I said the thing that the media will not say. He.....sucks. Btw, everyone pretty much knows it.

He stayed on to get the stat records. He has them. Good for him. I am just sick and tired of the media mincing words. He sucks.

Is it me? Maybe it is.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Peyton Manning signed with the Broncos, gave us 3 of the most prolific seasons anyone had ever seen, and accepted a reduced role in which he co-stared behind a defense en route to his second Super Bowl win.

All the Manning hate that has emerged in the days since the Super Bowl is mind blowing. I get the NY Daily News article. That dude is a race baiter who didn't like the public's disapproval of Newton's post game reaction and had to throw out something to remind everyone Manning was no saint in college. Big whoop. Few of us were.

The HGH allegations...well the man with the allegations recanted and the network that broke the story is folding.

Manning staying on for the records? It just doesn't make sense. At the end of the 2014 season he looked like he was fading. Injury or not, he still had over 4700 yards and 39 TDs. Going into the 2015 season, if Manning was as selfish as people allege, Manning should have vociferously advocated to maintain his offense instead of trying to run Kubiak's. Instead he dove into Kubiak's offense and the results weren't pretty. And we didn't hear him complain. He heard him embrace the coaches and team. When he was sidelined Osweiler sang his praises for being the best teammate a man could ask for. When he returned his presence in the huddle sparked the team and they finished in that critical #1 spot.

In the playoffs he didn't play selfish, trying to do more than his role called for. This isn't Brad Johnson, or Dilfer. It's Peyton Manning. And he checked into run plays and played his reduced role admirably.

I don't put him up on some high pedestal and believe he is above reproach. He's human. But after he has given the Broncos 4 seasons of can't miss football, combined with what he did while in Indianapolis I think he deserves the time the team is giving him on the decision. I trust Elway has a few options cued up and ready to go at a moment's notice and regardless of Manning's decision the Broncos going forward will be just fine.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it the media or Manning you don't like?

As for Manning taking time to reflect, it is understandable. For these football players to get to the level they are it is football 24/7/365 since highschool. You have to have a high competitive drive to get there. Now, at retirement, you are asking them to admit that something they have done for 20+years they can no longer do. You are asking them to go against 20 years of "if you work hard you can be successful". It is a huge step that I think many of us cannot relate to. Few are quite so passionate about something, it would be hard to say you can no longer do that thing you are passionate about.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Peyton Manning signed with the Broncos, gave us 3 of the most prolific seasons anyone had ever seen, and accepted a reduced role in which he co-stared behind a defense en route to his second Super Bowl win.

All the Manning hate that has emerged in the days since the Super Bowl is mind blowing. I get the NY Daily News article. That dude is a race baiter who didn't like the public's disapproval of Newton's post game reaction and had to throw out something to remind everyone Manning was no saint in college. Big whoop. Few of us were.

The HGH allegations...well the man with the allegations recanted and the network that broke the story is folding.

Manning staying on for the records? It just doesn't make sense. At the end of the 2014 season he looked like he was fading. Injury or not, he still had over 4700 yards and 39 TDs. Going into the 2015 season, if Manning was as selfish as people allege, Manning should have vociferously advocated to maintain his offense instead of trying to run Kubiak's. Instead he dove into Kubiak's offense and the results weren't pretty. And we didn't hear him complain. He heard him embrace the coaches and team. When he was sidelined Osweiler sang his praises for being the best teammate a man could ask for. When he returned his presence in the huddle sparked the team and they finished in that critical #1 spot.

In the playoffs he didn't play selfish, trying to do more than his role called for. This isn't Brad Johnson, or Dilfer. It's Peyton Manning. And he checked into run plays and played his reduced role admirably.

I don't put him up on some high pedestal and believe he is above reproach. He's human. But after he has given the Broncos 4 seasons of can't miss football, combined with what he did while in Indianapolis I think he deserves the time the team is giving him on the decision. I trust Elway has a few options cued up and ready to go at a moment's notice and regardless of Manning's decision the Broncos going forward will be just fine.
He was certainly effective for 2 1/2 seasons and over the last season and a half, he has been below average. The entire last season being the worst QB statistically in the NFL. One of the worst anyway.

Yes, the media but some of it certainly has to do with him. Seriously, how long does it really take to reflect? Reflect what? I thought Elway probably could have remained on in 1999 considering he rode off into the sunset still being effective and MVP of the SB.

Manning is the exact opposite of that, is he not? What could he be reflecting? Personally, I think he is the sort that is reflecting based on what he hears. Meaning, everyone (well over 90%) pretty much have said that he should retire. Pretty sure most of us on this board. Therefore, his inclination is to do the opposite of what everyone seems to think. Sort of related on how he chose Tennessee over Ole Miss. I think "everyone " was expecting him to his father's Alma mater. He did the exact opposite.

I don't know. While I am appreciative, I guess I am over it. Maybe it has a lot to do with how he beat us like a drum for so long and maybe that display in SB 48. I don't know.

What is he reflecting? Does everyone agree he needs to retire here? I am assuming everyone saw the same thing I did over the last year and a half.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much don't hold his decline in 2014 against him considering how JDR squandered so much defensive talent in that season and Fox mailed it in during the playoffs. Manning's decline was not the reason the team failed.

This year the change in system I think did him in. Combine that with his injury and an O-line that was not always up to code and these factors combine to make Manning's performance otherwise forgettable if it weren't for the Super Bowl. It was hard to watch along the way but looking back it makes for such an insanely compelling story that I wouldn't change a single thing about it. I wouldn't add a single passing yard or TD to his line, nor take off a single INT. If Manning retires this season his last year will be remembered as one of the most improbable in NFL history, adding to his legacy.

I've been a Broncos fan since 1987, close to 30 years. During that time they've won the Super Bowl 3 times. That's slightly better than 1/10th of seasons since I've been a fan. I don't care what Manning does right now. I am thrilled to have had a chance to watch him in a Broncos uniform for these 4 seasons and help the franchise win its 3rd Super Bowl. These types of off seasons don't happen very often so I plan on enjoying this one.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet all he did was win...

Let that sink in .....Think of how many QB's have been in this league and everyone said wow this guy is a winner I sssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo want this winner on my team ...then never won as many games as manning this year ????????????

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning For ever !!!

By the way I so looked forward to this hillbilly hick retiring when he was a colt ... Not so much any more ..

Class all Class .

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe a bit harsh. He is frustrating me and it has been for a while now. Always sensed that he is not quite the "good guy" he portrays himself as. The awe shucks smile etc.

This situation fits right into the thing that has annoyed me about him. He just has to be the contrarian about this. He he has to "take time to reflect."

He sucks, ok? There I said it. I said the thing that the media will not say. He.....sucks. Btw, everyone pretty much knows it.

He stayed on to get the stat records. He has them. Good for him. I am just sick and tired of the media mincing words. He sucks.

Is it me? Maybe it is.
Yep, it's just you.

Honestly, I don't get what your problem is. Manning can take all the time in the world to decide what he wants to do, and it probably doesn't affect the Broncos a bit. Do you know why that is? It's because the Broncos have already decided what they're doing with Manning. There is no way in the world they're bringing him back next year at the cap number he's currently at. Which means he won't be their quarterback next year, so if he doesn't retire, they'll cut him.

This isn't exactly a secret: even Archie said that he thinks Manning is done in Denver. So now Peyton has to decide whether he wants to continue, and if he wants to go to another team. I can understand why he wants to take his time to make a decision that big.

Basically, he's got until March 9th to make his decision. Until then, he can take his time.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the media but some of it certainly has to do with him. Seriously, how long does it really take to reflect? Reflect what? I thought Elway probably could have remained on in 1999 considering he rode off into the sunset

Manning is the exact opposite of that, is he not? What could he be reflecting?

What is he reflecting? Does everyone agree he needs to retire here? I am assuming everyone saw the same thing I did over the last year and a half.

JE understands. He has said that after the last SB he was 95% sure he would retire. Yet he announced his retirement in April. Last I checked, it's still February, the month we won this year's SB.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning parallels Favre on so many levels. ... Right down to the genitalia controversy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's just you.

Honestly, I don't get what your problem is. Manning can take all the time in the world to decide what he wants to do, and it probably doesn't affect the Broncos a bit. Do you know why that is? It's because the Broncos have already decided what they're doing with Manning. There is no way in the world they're bringing him back next year at the cap number he's currently at. Which means he won't be their quarterback next year, so if he doesn't retire, they'll cut him.

This isn't exactly a secret: even Archie said that he thinks Manning is done in Denver. So now Peyton has to decide whether he wants to continue, and if he wants to go to another team. I can understand why he wants to take his time to make a decision that big.

Basically, he's got until March 9th to make his decision. Until then, he can take his time.
I was scrolling down waiting to see someone finally nail it. ^ Denver's decision on Mannings future in Denver has already been made weeks ago. Come on already people. Where did the term common sense go? :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Broncos6482 said nothing Manning is doing right now is affecting their future. They have already shown they have moved on in we are seeing they are negotiating with all of our top FA's at the Combine as I type this. They already know and plan on that money being available. If they were in a state of limbo and it was affecting their ability to negotiate then yeah I could understand a bit more frustration but because it is not then by all means take all the time he needs up to the last minute as they can go ahead and sign contracts. They can be over the estimated cap number at this time of year no problem knowing they will get that $19 million in space.

As for Manning and what does he have to decide...Well I would say a lot. Even with his diminished game it would be pretty easy to convince himself that he can do one more season. He can blame it on his injuries. Heck I still think I can go out and run 10 miles even though I am 30 lbs. heavier than the last time I did it just because I think it would come back pretty easy. Throw in I don't think we have seen a player that has loved this game much more than Manning. I mean he even loves going to practice and watching game film all day. He loves the little details of the game. He appreciates the history. From the day he was born this guy was surrounded by this game so for him to say good bye is no easy task and I don't want to push him out the door before we have to.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet all he did was win...

Let that sink in .....Think of how many QB's have been in this league and everyone said wow this guy is a winner I sssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo want this winner on my team ...then never won as many games as manning this year ????????????
How many games did Manning "win" this year? I really can't think of many.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's time with Broncos has come to an end IMO, I have nothing but great memories watching him in a Broncos uni. He is in the ROF for sure.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Broncos6482 said nothing Manning is doing right now is affecting their future. They have already shown they have moved on in we are seeing they are negotiating with all of our top FA's at the Combine as I type this. They already know and plan on that money being available. If they were in a state of limbo and it was affecting their ability to negotiate then yeah I could understand a bit more frustration but because it is not then by all means take all the time he needs up to the last minute as they can go ahead and sign contracts. They can be over the estimated cap number at this time of year no problem knowing they will get that $19 million in space.

As for Manning and what does he have to decide...Well I would say a lot. Even with his diminished game it would be pretty easy to convince himself that he can do one more season. He can blame it on his injuries. Heck I still think I can go out and run 10 miles even though I am 30 lbs. heavier than the last time I did it just because I think it would come back pretty easy. Throw in I don't think we have seen a player that has loved this game much more than Manning. I mean he even loves going to practice and watching game film all day. He loves the little details of the game. He appreciates the history. From the day he was born this guy was surrounded by this game so for him to say good bye is no easy task and I don't want to push him out the door before we have to.
Agree with everything above but the 10 miles fatty;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything above but the 10 miles fatty;)

Now you sound like my wife! Just kidding she is probably a little too nice sometimes about my ever growing waistline. Need to get my butt back in the gym as soccer season is starting back up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you sound like my wife! Just kidding she is probably a little too nice sometimes about my ever growing waistline. Need to get my butt back in the gym as soccer season is starting back up.
That`s ok Cd. If I ran with you, pretty sure you'd be running the last 9 by yourself. Just meet in the bar when you get done. I`ll have a cold one waiting for ya buddy :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it me? Maybe it is.

It's not just you

I couldn't stand him in Indy, and I hated when we signed him as I thought he was soft, coddled and had no balls .... The fact that his father chimes in on everything to the media makes everything worse as it gives the impression that saying anything remotely negative about him is off limits ..

The notes on offensive player's lockers the day after a game, the screaming profanity at Andre Caldwell in front of families in camp, the idiotic and rehearsed "drink as much beer" comments after a game - and the choking - the deer-in-the-headlights look when the game doesn;t go as planned - all this made it difficult ..

I've been a Bronco fan - in NJ no less - since 1975 ... The Sunoco gas stations gave out NFL sticker books back then, and with every full tank, you got a different team helmet sticker .. The Bronco helmet proved to be elusive, but when we got it, I loved the design .. That, and Haven Moses 'fro ...

I have gone to Bronco games vs the Jets and basically have had to survive them

If someone wants to question my loyality, go right ahead .... I am glad we won - ecstatic ... I got behind Manning when he became the underdog - with the curtain pulled back, it was hard to dislike the real wizard ..

But enough .. Thank you and goodbye

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember - Shanahan and Elway damaged their relationship over the length of Elway deciding to retire after the two Super Bowl wins. I'm sure Elway remembers.

Manning will announce his retirement - when he isn't competing with any other sports news - and it will probably tie into his commercial possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.