• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The more time passes, the more I dislike Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's time with Broncos has come to an end IMO, I have nothing but great memories watching him in a Broncos uni. He is in the ROF for sure.
Yes, I would think everyone thinks his time has come to an end. Now regarding Elway and the fact that waited for a bit according to SpringStein. I remember that. There is a big glaring difference. Elway showed he actually had game left. Reeves pretty much challenged Elway to beat them I n xxxiii. They shoved 8 men in the box and Elway was mvp. Btw, no way would Terrell Davis have had the success without Elway's ability to pass.

Anywaaaaaay, you get the point. Manning has not displayed an ability to play consistently for over a season. While there was some sliver of hope for Elway considering how effective he was in his last season.

I guess I am basing my frustration on what I heard from Schefter this morning. According to him the Broncos organization maybe a bit more frustrated than they are letting on.

Take that for what it is worth. It just makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I hear he needs more time to reflect. Especially when it is so obvious to basically everyone that he is done.

I am pretty sure a fan can be appreciative and frustrated about a player at the same time. I think.

Last edited:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the Super Bowl win, baby!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably just exploring his retirement options and wants to include his new career announcement along with his retirement speech. :)

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, he has gotten older and put on some weight, no doubt. I've gotten older but it's gray hair for me, not weight, LOL!~

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, he has gotten older and put on some weight, no doubt. I've gotten older but it's gray hair for me, not weight, LOL!~

I would take gray hair over weight any day.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife seems to take great pleasure in pointing out my grey hairs. I've got a few scattered throughout, but we're talking onesies and twosies so her insistence on drawing attention to it is laughable. I'm in good shape though, so I don't mind a few grey hairs.

It sounds to me like it's high time we organize a Broncos board fitness challenge. And I'm not talking about 12 ounce curls; this group does enough of that already!

Maybe for the 2016 season we should institute a push-up rule. One push-up for every point the offense/ST scores. Defensive scores require 3 push-ups. So a game where the team scores 3 offensive TDs, a FG, and 1 defensive TD we'd all have to 45 pushups.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife seems to take great pleasure in pointing out my grey hairs. I've got a few scattered throughout, but we're talking onesies and twosies so her insistence on drawing attention to it is laughable. I'm in good shape though, so I don't mind a few grey hairs.

It sounds to me like it's high time we organize a Broncos board fitness challenge. And I'm not talking about 12 ounce curls; this group does enough of that already!

Maybe for the 2016 season we should institute a push-up rule. One push-up for every point the offense/ST scores. Defensive scores require 3 push-ups. So a game where the team scores 3 offensive TDs, a FG, and 1 defensive TD we'd all have to 45 pushups.

I could live with that. I do know my wife and I in June will be doing a Spartan Run in Colorado if anybody would like to join.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take gray hair over weight any day.

I had to have a back operation the end of November and I shaved off my beard because I didn't want to have to mess with it while I was recuperating. When it started to grow back, the bottom of it came in as white as can be when it had not been that way before.

Oh well...and pushups are out of the question, LOL~

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with that. I do know my wife and I in June will be doing a Spartan Run in Colorado if anybody would like to join.
Be sure to let me know when you are out and we'll get together. I have one week I'll be in Minnesota, but otherwise should be here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to have a back operation the end of November and I shaved off my beard because I didn't want to have to mess with it while I was recuperating. When it started to grow back, the bottom of it came in as white as can be when it had not been that way before.

The town I work in find it hilarious how often my hair changes. I have been able to grow a beard since middle school so my hair grows like crazy. I can grow a full beard in less than 2 weeks so all the time I am shaving it off. I have people in town that have no clue who I am half the time because they either know me with a beard or without. So far thankfully most of it though has stayed a good light brown color. My wife every once in a while likes to go digging to find those white or gray hairs and point them out when she finds one. Like I said I don't mind though. If I can keep a 6-pack and be completely white I will take it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be sure to let me know when you are out and we'll get together. I have one week I'll be in Minnesota, but otherwise should be here.

Will do man! would love to meet up.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trust your operation was a success and you've had a good recovery. Where are you in OK?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah grey hair is a lot easier to remedy than weight loss. My beard is pretty snowy now. When the grandkids start calling you Papa Smurf, your in trouble. :)

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust your operation was a success and you've had a good recovery. Where are you in OK?

Fusion of the L4 L5 S1 and I'm doing great. I've had none of the excruciating/debilitating pain I was having so it's all good. Had a great surgeon and that certainly didn't hurt. Thanks for asking.

I'm in Tulsa. Grew up in B-ville, just to the north of Tulsa.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought this thread was about Peyton Mannings - and now it occurs to me that it is.

I did go from sport fan "hating" him as a Colt to - loving him as a Bronco. I'd say - from watching his teammates - he is a good guy. He probably was in insufferable jock in HS and College, but I'd say he has grown and matured as a man.

I don't think it is the decision for Manning that is taking any time - it is the timing of the announcement. If Manning had announced the night of the Super Bowl - his teammates would have drowned in the Peyton Manning story. The changing the spotlight holds true for the weeks that have followed - let the Denver Bronco players get their victory feeling without the competition of Manning's retirement.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fusion of the L4 L5 S1 and I'm doing great. I've had none of the excruciating/debilitating pain I was having so it's all good. Had a great surgeon and that certainly didn't hurt. Thanks for asking.

I'm in Tulsa. Grew up in B-ville, just to the north of Tulsa.

Keep at it on your recovery. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I've had 2 minor knee surgeries and didn't respond well to either of them. Military surgeon, so do with that note what you will. I live in constant pain even after being very careful during the rehab periods. The best thing for me after my second surgery was when I said "eff it" and started squatting and deadlifting heavy again (against the advice of one of the physical therapists). The muscle around the affected area is stronger now than ever so that has helped quite a bit. When I don't train the pain keeps me awake at night. When I do it's manageable to almost non-existant. I'm glad your surgeon was better than mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.