• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this team is right!

I'm a big picture guy, I get derailed by details at times but if you haven't read it all ready, a book comes to mind....

'Built to Last' by J. Collins.​

It overstates the importance of good practices relative to sheer luck, which we all know plays a huge role in professional sports.

Well I'm not gonna argue about your positivity on the negative thread. :lou:

You always gave Sam and many others the benefit of the doubt.

I'm like Donald Trump but with better hair and not his checking account YET

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And vita.. How can a UCLA fan be this patient with a team where the head coach went to USC?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Fisher, never have, but I am not going to get to worked up about the preseason, again you can't tell alot from a couple of series from the starters, I don't expect us to beat Seattle week one, I also don't expect us to be any better than 8-8 at best, right now I want to be able to watch Ram games where we are actually in every game week in, week out, with at least a chance to win and maybe steal a few games and be pleasantly surprised with 9 or 10 wins!

I'm almost at the same point as I am with my Dodgers, I want them to lose so Mattingly can go bye bye. Maybe it would be best if Fisher was gone also, but it gets tiring starting over from scratch all the time!

Ok so you have 2 weeks until you lose it. Got it ;)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed Sunday night and tired of watching garbage. So I brought my brutality to the neggy thread.
Back to your first thing....

I was pissed too, it sucks to see your team struggle. I just understand it takes more than a series or two to dominate and that's our plan. So I just don't agree with a lot of you who are saying we are on the wrong track.

We have a clear plan...

Our plan .....
  • Compete in the Division. DONE!
  • Turn the entire roster and fill it with talented youth starting with the defense and special teams. DONE!
  • Establish an offensive philosophy to dominate the LOS with youth, size and an explosive backfield. DONE!
  • Build a solid OL across the board which can run block first, and pass pro second. IN PROGRESS!
  • Obtain solid QB play, WR play which will compliment the best running attack in pro football. IN PROGRESS!
Before Snisher, we were wondering, losing all the time and had no long term goals other than win next week, which we never did.

Snisher when it's all said and done may finish without the success we desire but for me, even if we do have to start over, we have a foundation established so we are in fact not starting over from square one like we were when Fish got here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of your points are IN PROGRESS except for maybe the first.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say 1 and 3 are in progress. LOS is a big ?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. We need to come out of the game and compete at home week 1 to say this. AND we need to start well and hover around .500 during the first 6-8 games to do this.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is it you disagree that we haven't turned our roster on the second count? Or is it you disagree that these are talented young players?

On the third count, that is our philosophy Retro, do you really disagree?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you have 2 weeks until you lose it. Got it ;)

That very well may happen, but until than I don't let the Rams dictate my attitude, now my Dodgers are pissing me off at the moment, but ill let the Rams piss me off when the time comes and the games count. But until then I will try to enjoy the remainder of my summer, I golf every day, I go to the Waterpark every day, I enjoy my deck in the evenings, and life is good. what the Rams do is out of my hands and I've put up with way to many years of Bradford, so that's one huge scab removed from my life, so this year "has" to be better, doesn't it?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ is one of the best posters I know of. And he is truly loyal to his team. (probably the Pats) He is a tree shaker. He likes to stir things up and see what happens. I like that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the statements but your conclusions that are in bold, Vita. We have not completely turned over our roster with younger players as we have players like Reynolds, Jones, Barnes, Washington, and a few other older less talented players who do not fit that description.

On the third idea. That may be our philosophy but you have concluded it as done. What I saw in the last two games is anything but dominant. We have some young talented O-lineman that need to take time to gel once all the spots are filled.

Thus my conclusions differ with yours. They are all In Progress except for maybe the first. If they were as you concluded, we would be a better team which we are not yet.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very well may happen, but until than I don't let the Rams dictate my attitude, now my Dodgers are pissing me off at the moment, but ill let the Rams piss me off when the time comes and the games count. But until then I will try to enjoy the remainder of my summer, I golf every day, I go to the Waterpark every day, I enjoy my deck in the evenings, and life is good. what the Rams do is out of my hands and I've put up with way to many years of Bradford, so that's one huge scab removed from my life, so this year "has" to be better, doesn't it?
I am soooo with you on this one, at least we have that 3-0 lead in Cinci after a 5 game skid. :L

Don does not know how to play small ball and it is killing our season. We would have 5-10 game on the hated ones if he did.

Even if he goes to the WS I wouldn't give a rip if we were to let him go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ is one of the best posters I know of. And he is truly loyal to his team. (probably the Pats) He is a tree shaker. He likes to stir things up and see what happens. I like that.
FYI - if you all haven't noticed, the blue font, used by zark, is the sarcastic font. :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the statements but your conclusions that are in bold, Vita. We have not completely turned over our roster with younger players as we have players like Reynolds, Jones, Barnes, Washington, and a few other older less talented players who do not fit that description.
Agreed, I was talking about the starting roster, those all listed are depth roster guys. I have no problem with these guys for depth. I would like youth but we have just made too many bad decisions to have that luxury.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - if you all haven't noticed, the blue font, used by zark, is the sarcastic font. :nod:

Darn it I was going for the paler blue. To match the background but it just didn't work.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the third idea. That may be our philosophy but you have concluded it as done. What I saw in the last two games is anything but dominant. We have some young talented O-lineman that need to take time to gel once all the spots are filled.
Clearly establishing our philosophy is done, proven by our commitment to running the ball by our draft this season and a few past. That is done.

I did address this aspect of a dominating OL across the boards as a work in progress in the fourth count, didn't I?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The philosophy is not done, it is IN PROGRESS. It is developing as they want to run the ball but are not getting it done as the offense is struggling and they do like to pass from time-to-time.

I didn't question your fourth count because you had it as IN PROGRESS and I agreed with that.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not nearly as well informed about the goings on as everyone in here and have been away from the boards for the most part due to personal issues I'm still dealing with, I figure I might as well give it a shot.

This team doesn't look like a team that's going to be a .500 team this year. After three years, this is unacceptable. No reason going into Fisher's fourth season that this team looks to be a 6-10, 7-9 level team.

Our secondary got eaten up Sunday night. Now I'm not sure if that's aggressiveness, our players not being that good there or a bit of both but I just couldn't believe how pitiful they looked. MM carved them up good. Now I don't know if drafting Tray Waynes over Gurley would've been good or bad (that'll take a few years to play out) but I seriously doubt he could've done any worse than what I saw.

Our starting offense didn't look much better. I don't think Gurley is going to have a good season behind this line, not that a whole lot of running backs would. We might need to keep all four QBs because they're going to be lit up like pinballs I believe. I hope that when Quick comes back, he can continue where he left off this offseason. Also, really hope Austin has matured this offseason. That or someone lays him out for being an arrogant POS so they can knock some sense into him.

One final thing that I know will probably upset people on the board. I really hope that the Carson project is the site the NFL goes with just because I just don't like the way that Kroenke is handling this and pretty much spitting in the face of the Rams fans in St. Louis. Either way, I'm a Rams fan, good or bad or whether they are in St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Antonio or London.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way you all can nit pick my counts of progress but compared to the leadership we had in the past we are a far cry from the complete humiliation of a team we were prior to Snisher.

There is a big picture of progress going on here with our Rams. The type of team we have built wont work in the preseason because we are built to dominate over 4 quarters of play. One that will rely on a philosophy of playing great special teams and gain field position, one that relies on a brutal style of defensive play that wears the opposition into submission, one that controls the game clock by running the ball down the throats of our rivals and any who face us.

That's what we are building and that cannot be established in a series or two in a preseason game. I'm not talking about flipping a switch, I'm talking about dominating the entire game and you don't do that with guys that wont be playing in the near future as each team moves to the 53 man roster, you do that by facing starter to starter for an entire 4 quarters.

Last edited: