• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Fisher, never have, but I am not going to get to worked up about the preseason, again you can't tell alot from a couple of series from the starters, I don't expect us to beat Seattle week one, I also don't expect us to be any better than 8-8 at best, right now I want to be able to watch Ram games where we are actually in every game week in, week out, with at least a chance to win and maybe steal a few games and be pleasantly surprised with 9 or 10 wins!

I'm almost at the same point as I am with my Dodgers, I want them to lose so Mattingly can go bye bye. Maybe it would be best if Fisher was gone also, but it gets tiring starting over from scratch all the time!
But how do you feel about Fisher?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assessment is pretty spot on UVA_Guy81. This is Fisher's fourth year and they looked like the first year Fisher took over. He is not getting it done and this year may be his make or break year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way you all can nit pick my counts of progress but compared to the leadership we had in the past we are a far cry from the complete humiliation of a team we were prior to Snisher.

There is a big picture of progress going on here with our Rams. The type of team we have built wont work in the preseason because we are built to dominate over 4 quarters of play. One that will rely on a philosophy of playing great special teams and gain field position, one that relies on a brutal style of defensive play that wears the opposition into submission, one that controls the game clock by running the ball down the throats of our rivals and any who face us.

That's what we are building and that cannot be established in a series or two in a preseason game. I'm not talking about flipping a switch, I'm talking about dominating the entire game.
Somebody buy this guy a beer. He gets it. Dam!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way you all can nit pick my counts of progress but compared to the leadership we had in the past we are a far cry from the complete humiliation of a team we were prior to Snisher.

There is a big picture of progress going on here with our Rams. The type of team we have built wont work in the preseason because we are built to dominate over 4 quarters of play. One that will rely on a philosophy of playing great special teams and gain field position, one that relies on a brutal style of defensive play that wears the opposition into submission, one that controls the game clock by running the ball down the throats of our rivals and any who face us.

That's what we are building and that cannot be established in a series or two in a preseason game. I'm not talking about flipping a switch, I'm talking about dominating the entire game.

You just don't get it. This is Fisher's 4th year and he has done the same thing every year. Your points could have been transported two years ago and the result has been the same. I see no evidence to suggest otherwise. You missed the flip-the-switch argument because you didn't get the details as usual. That approach has its roots in the Chuck Knox days along with Rosenbloom ownership. Those were proven winners. Jeff Fisher has not proved he can win consistently and that is a fact.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't get it. This is Fisher's 4th year and he has done the same thing every year. Your points could have been transported two years ago and the result has been the same. I see no evidence to suggest otherwise. You missed the flip-the-switch argument because you didn't get the details as usual. That has its roots in the Chuck Knox days along with Rosenbloom ownership. Those were proven winners. Jeff Fisher has not proved he can win consistently and that is a fact.
No you don't get the flip the switch argument because you miss the big picture as usual. We were a complete muck up of a team prior to Snisher, everyone knew it then and so did you.

Snisher has had 3 years, the 4th has yet to transpire.

That's the point!

You want to evaluate Snisher on a Year 4 based off of 2 preseason games that don't mean squat. :L

As far as Jeff goes, only 5 active coaches with half or more of his tenure have a greater winning percentage. Belicheck, Reid, Fox, Coughhlin & Lewis

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a version of A man walked into a bar. Joke.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'd have a much greater appreciation for this latest bitchfest had it started prior to the two preseason games.

It's just so reactionary, I can't get on board.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical, and you accuse me of missing the details.... :lol:

Do you mind if I have a little sarcasm Vita or you just want to have a pissing match? I swear you understand little. And no you missed the flip-the-switch argument because I stated that if you don't practice according to a winning philosophy, you are not going to just magically win. I even provided an analogy that you completely missed from my extensive experience in sports. Go back and read the original post. Nope don't want to do that. Ignore most of what is posted and then what accuse? Pathetic.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mind if I have a little sarcasm Vita
Do you mind if I do the same? :lol:

Lighten up brother, I was giving you some grief.

This is the master vent thread, and I am still in tact!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you can have your sarcasm and grief but I am unsure about the being intact part. Just giving ya grief!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hope they have a winning philosophy. Winning attitude? Here I go hoping again.

But as Roger Saffold as the vet Olineman with a bunch of young Olineman....

Let's just say they will be thrown into the fire.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mind if I have a little sarcasm Vita or you just want to have a pissing match? I swear you understand little. And no you missed the flip-the-switch argument because I stated that if you don't practice according to a winning philosophy, you are not going to just magically win. I even provided an analogy that you completely missed from my extensive experience in sports. Go back and read the original post. Nope don't want to do that. Ignore most of what is posted and then what accuse? Pathetic.
Do you mind if I do the same? :lol:

Lighten up brother, I was giving you some grief.

This is the master vent thread, and I am still in tact!

Just remember one thing guys, no matter how much we argue...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have the Colts this week. Let's see what sort of practice Fisher wanted the troops to accomplish as well. The game is Saturday night at 7:00pm Central.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Master Vent Thread UVA_Guys81. The place for all manner of bitching and arguing. AS I promised from the beginning, the only non-permissible behavior is name-calling and trolling which is again redefined. This is why we created this thread awhile ago.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no you missed the flip-the-switch argument because I stated that if you don't practice according to a winning philosophy, you are not going to just magically win.
I didn't 'miss it' I think your argument is a bunch of hooey.

Plenty of winning teams throughout the years don't care about the results of preseason games much less the 'winning philosophy' you aspire to. And many losing teams in the regular season do.

It could be that's who you are aligned with in your argument though, those teams with the losing mentality. :lol:

I just don't see us in that boat and why should I?

We've had some decent seasons compared to where we were at prior to Snisher.

Let's face it, this is the turnaround season (Or make or break for Snisher) It coulda been last year but their QB they were counting on was re-injured, so they fixed that for this year and made certain to not allow that to happen again.

This will be it for Snisher. They will either take the next steps with the roster they have in place or they are gone.

Well unless we make the move to LA then it Fisher for two more years.

Like it or not that's our fate.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Master Vent Thread UVA_Guys81. The place for all manner of bitching and arguing. AS I promised from the beginning, the only non-permissible behavior is name-calling and trolling which is again redefined. This is why we created this thread awhile ago.
I know, I'm just trying to add a bit of humor is all.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I'm just trying to add a bit of humor is all.
Don't mind RR UVA Guy, he has a hard time understanding things sometimes! :lol:

Just bustin yern balls RR :trash: talk, is trash talk!