• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not surprising why other teams look at their schedule and count Detroit as a victory when they see their playing the Lions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Valentines.... I'm overwhelmed.

Now we just need to cut Bell, grab Forte, and never look back.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Valentines.... I'm overwhelmed.

Now we just need to cut Bell, grab Forte, and never look back.
I would agree as long as forte isnt asking for a ton... Would rather they spend on jeffrey.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got us lowlights clip? The one showing him putting the ball on the carpet. Smitty likes that one best.
Smitty no likey.

(Can't paste the BK ad because my phone is being a Dick, but I tried. Dozens of times.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree as long as forte isnt asking for a ton... Would rather they spend on jeffrey.
The WetBlankets have convinced me Jeffrey will be franchise tagged. But he's my favorite FA for sure.

So long as Forte doesn't go to a perennial SB contender I think we'd have a chance to sign him for less than what Bell is getting. But I don't know what Forte is looking to do with the end of his career. He can't be short on teams interested in his services.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see the Lions draft as many dline and oline as possible in the first 4 rounds... maybe a WR if value is there.

This draft is loaded with Dline... should be able to get good players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round... need a RT bad too.

Curious how the new front office handles this offseason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see the Lions draft as many dline and oline as possible in the first 4 rounds... maybe a WR if value is there.

This draft is loaded with Dline... should be able to get good players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round... need a RT bad too.

Curious how the new front office handles this offseason.
It's going to be different, that's for sure.

I'm sorta expecting solid longterm decisions, which feels weird.

Be interesting to see if Ola drops back to reserve utility lineman or if he has a fighting shot to stay at RT.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be different, that's for sure.

I'm sorta expecting solid longterm decisions, which feels weird.

Be interesting to see if Ola drops back to reserve utility lineman or if he has a fighting shot to stay at RT.
If he is the starting rt it means the front office is doing the same old shit. They have a ton of cap space and draft picks. No reason the dline and oline should have to settle for subpar talent.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the starting rt it means the front office is doing the same old shit. They have a ton of cap space and draft picks. No reason the dline and oline should have to settle for subpar talent.

You're lionized...

That kid played solid ball. He's under contact and if he earns the starting nod it means just that, he earned it. Not SOL.

LT and C seem more a priority IMO. Just because there is cap space and extra draft picks does not mean the roster needs blown up. That LT spot gets filled and Reiff will compete with Ola and the interior for a starting jobs. That competition breeds success. Ola doesn't start and he brings depth.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could agree had you said Reiff starting at LT.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lionized...

That kid played solid ball. He's under contact and if he earns the starting nod it means just that, he earned it. Not SOL.

LT and C seem more a priority IMO. Just because there is cap space and extra draft picks does not mean the roster needs blown up. That LT spot gets filled and Reiff will compete with Ola and the interior for a starting jobs. That competition breeds success. Ola doesn't start and he brings depth.
Roster may not need to be blown up... but with cap space and draft picks.. there should be a higher quality depth than last year. I am perfectly happy with Ola being depth... but not so much as a starter. That just means the front office didn't go out and add talent. The team needs to add a high draft pick some where from the 1st to 3rd round on a olineman.... and needs to bring in some talent from the free agent front. Depth on the lines was the biggest issue last year.

If the Lions add a solid WR, build up the d line and o line, and maybe add a little speed at linebacker... they are probably a playoff team that will scare the shit out of people.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note. Sitting in DFW on a lay over and feel I'm back in the 80's. Just don't think these kids realize that they're wearing it.

On a second note, yoga pants can make you smile for two reasons. One they look good and the other, her friends just aren't being honest with her. So you still smile.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster may not need to be blown up... but with cap space and draft picks.. there should be a higher quality depth than last year. I am perfectly happy with Ola being depth... but not so much as a starter. That just means the front office didn't go out and add talent. The team needs to add a high draft pick some where from the 1st to 3rd round on a olineman.... and needs to bring in some talent from the free agent front. Depth on the lines was the biggest issue last year.

If the Lions add a solid WR, build up the d line and o line, and maybe add a little speed at linebacker... they are probably a playoff team that will scare the shit out of people.

Need to address another CB and blocking TE also. Don't see Pettgrew being ready if he isn't cut.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to address another CB and blocking TE also. Don't see Pettgrew being ready if he isn't cut.
Another CB would be a nice free agent score. I would hope they don't spend much on a blocking TE.

They have a shit ton of money to spend now with CJ retiring. I think around 32 mil. They should easily be able to grab some high level talent while drafting best available players.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lionized...

Center was surprisingly weak. I wanted to see what Swanson could do though. I would be OK with Reiff at RT since at least Matt could see the rush coming.