• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the rest of Elvis. I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuss is about or why in god's name Austin Butler is even nominated, much less the Oscar favorite. The last 15 minutes or so as fat and dying Elvis was the only time I bought him as Elvis and I think the fat suit and makeup did a lot of the heavy lifting there.

I think a big part of it is his appearance, which was so important to Elvis' success. Elvis, in addition to the singing and moves, was simply a strikingly beautiful human being who exuded danger and leering sexuality on stage. Austin Butler just doesn't have that in him... he's a cute kid, but I kept getting a "Saved By The Bell" vibe from him... too much jumping around in time and place with scenes, too. I'm a sucker for bio-pics, though, so 6/10.. but that's a stretch.

That movie was so blah. I thought he was good as Elvis but yeah nothing spectacular. These types of movies and roles just auto get Oscar love. BR's wins a few years back were outrageous. Malek(who I like) basically got Best Actor for lip synching and wearing a mustache.

Also, Tom Hanks may have completely tarnished his career in Elvis. Holy fuck is he washed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched M3GAN....6/10, nothing spectacular but it didn't suck. Some pretty good "bad guy" dialogue and some pretty cool deaths but nothing to write home about. I've seen 3 movies released in 2023 so far and this is the worst of the 3, but it is still worth a watch. In my opinion, Smile is a better movie than this. But, like I said, still not bad and Allison Williams is a big-time player in the horror genre. Also, written by the same people that wrote Malignant as well, James Wan and Akela Cooper.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
65 and Creed III, both are excellent!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just welled up and nearly shed a tear at The Devil Wears Prada.....

Hooplans...

5704d5c8-e952-4c06-8a09-232d55fc333a_text.gif
maybe you can find your balls rolling around on the floor?

(I liked The Devil Wears Prada too)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Doors.

Hadn't seen it in a while but with my new huge TV unit I figured it was time.

Fired up my Bluray. The player upscaled it to 4K and it was stunning. The DTS 7.2 sound was superb.

15/10 for this movie.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support Your Local Sheriff!
I hadn’t seen it in a while and still enjoyed it. I like James Garner and have been watching his run in Maverick and Bret Maverick.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support Your Local Sheriff!
I hadn’t seen it in a while and still enjoyed it. I like James Garner and have been watching his run in Maverick and Bret Maverick.

Walter Brennan is fantastic in it. It's a better movie than it's sister effort, Gunfighter.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Brennan is fantastic in it. It's a better movie than it's sister effort, Gunfighter.
Absolutely. That one wasn’t even nearly as close to good as Sheriff. I also like Bruce Derm in it as well.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Laura (1944)

I’ve resumed my early film noir watching. Both excellent movies.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a movie, but I just watched the Kyle Busch Doc on Prime called "Rowdy", which tells not only about his entire career starting when he was 16, but when he had to make his way back from injury in 2015. I've always had a bad opinion of Kyle Busch. There's a lot of things he's done on track that have been very detrimental to other drivers, he's always had this pompous attitude about everything. Even right now this season, it's almost as if if he doesn't win the race, he's got this sour attitude about everything.

With that said, watching the documentary, he didn't always have that attitude. When he was in the truck series at 16, he didn't have that attitude. When he was went to the Busch series and drove for Hendrick, he automatically got booed because he was the brother of Kurt Busch, who was pissing everyone off. So, in my opinion, he got that attitude because he was being treated poorly simply because of being Kurt's brother. Kyle then in turn used what he was getting from the crowd in addition to the success he was seeing as the start of the fire that kept burning that eventually became this pompous, outspoken, egotistical attitude that Kyle has.

To me, Kyle Busch is just like Tom Brady. You may not like the guy, but you can't deny how good and talented they are when they are doing what they do. As for the doc, it was pretty well done. They touch on Kyle's relationship with Ricky and those who died in the plane crash in 2009, shows his jump from Busch to Cup, going to Joe Gibbs, his injury and the comeback to win the Championship. It was a good doc. Definitely worth a watch. I don't know if it will change your opinion on him, it didn't for me, but it's good to hear his story and it's honestly good to see that he is the way he is because of the examples he grew up with. His daddy got booed and was outspoken, his brother got booed and was outspoken, so of course, Kyle wasn't going to turn out any other way.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched

The Asphalt Jungle (1950)

The Killing (1956)

Both heist film noir movies. Both good.