• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I watched the DVR version of the Boise State vs. Hawaii game last night

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which didn't begin until about 30 minutes into the game as the previous game went long. And I watched the first 30 minutes on ESPN News but only 1 touchdown was scored in those 30 minutes so not a lot was missed I guess.

One of the things that occurred to me while watching the DVR of the Boise State vs. Hawaii game last night was there were two times in that game when Boise State was ahead of Hawaii by 31 points. The first being when Boise State led 45-14 with 8:24 remaining in the 3rd quarter and then again when Boise State led 52-21 at the very end of the 3rd quarter.

Hawaii closed that gap of 31 points with 2 consecutive TD's in the fourth quarter with two 2 point conversions on both of those TD's (when a LOT of Boise State reserves were in the game on defense) before Boise State scored the final TD of the game on Holani's 40 yard run with 1:49 left in the game to make the final score Boise State 59 Hawaii 37

I know a lot of people look at a score of 59 to 37 and think to themselves (without seeing the game) that it was a shoot-out. And that REALLY was not the case. Boise State led 31-7 with 2:26 left in the first half. After that 8 TD's were scored and Boise State scored 4 of those 8 TD's, i.e., they basically traded scores after Boise State got that 31-7 lead in the 2nd quarter.