• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'angelo Russell according to Lakersnation is elgible for a 27 million max contract - So the Lakers could offer him 27 in the even that Brooklyn goes a different route - that would be 5 million less then Walker who qualifies for 32 million

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: - I am not paranoid - I think the journey is too much fun to go straight to the end - If they win - they win, but if they lose - there will another day. The Warriors are a far away from being done as a dynasty - If KD was smart, he would take the player option and wait one more year to be a free agent. I think it's automatic, Klay Thompson leaves. If the Warriors are smart, they gamble on those to players and they see if both players are ready in time for the playoffs. If Durant missed the entire season, but makes it to the playoffs - He will be worth the championship they get. Same for Thompson. In the mean time, however you must listen to these people saying that they are finished. Be sure to book mark some of them for revenge at a later day:lol:

No, dude, you are paranoid that everyone is a 'Laker hater'. That's not why tlance said DLo ain't signing there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, dude, you are paranoid that everyone is a 'Laker hater'. That's not why tlance said DLo ain't signing there.
I'm not paranoid - I just recognize that Tlance has been an ass for a long time and still is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it doesn't seem wise to offer him 27 with all of one replacement all star birth.

If that's where they go then you move elsewhere.

Up to him if he wants 27 in Phoenix or 18-20 to play in LA and possibly win a title.

Do you want me to list all the RFAs in the last few years who have signed for the max with 0 all star appearances?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not paranoid - I just recognize that Tlance has been an ass for a long time and still is.

If calling people out when they say stupid things is being an ass,

Then yes. Yes I am.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 to 14 is the range most people have talked about for guards and Lakersnation have indicated that Russell is not opposed to coming back to the Lakers - so it's not hardly out of no where - it's just that you haven't been listening to your own limited news in relation to your limited agenda.

Signing a good guard for $14 million is a great idea.

If anybody on Laker Nation suggested DLo be that guard, then they don't know what they are talking about.

His market value will be a lot higher.

And if you want to bet on that, just name the terms.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If calling people out when they say stupid things is being an ass,

Then yes. Yes I am.
Actually they said he qualifies for up to 27 million - He will get it - I think the Lakers first offer will be to Leonard if they can. I would take D'lo over Kemba Walker due to 5 million less and I think he is younger. I doubt that Irving is interested in the Lakers - but rumors say that Brooklyn is not interested in him now that KD is down for the year -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want me to list all the RFAs in the last few years who have signed for the max with 0 all star appearances?
I thought D'Lo made an all star appearance this last year though?, so he has that on his resume now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they said he qualifies for up to 27 million - He will get it - I think the Lakers first offer will be to Leonard if they can. I would take D'lo over Kemba Walker due to 5 million less and I think he is younger. I doubt that Irving is interested in the Lakers - but rumors say that Brooklyn is not interested in him now that KD is down for the year -

Right.

He qualifies for 27.

Teams will offer him that.

Lakers also only have like 24 million is space. They could create a bit more, but all of these guys would have to accept less money.

The best, most realistic option for the Lakers IMO is to sign players like Trevor Ariza who you might actually be able to get for half the cap space available.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

He qualifies for 27.

Teams will offer him that.

Lakers also only have like 24 million is space. They could create a bit more, but all of these guys would have to accept less money.

The best, most realistic option for the Lakers IMO is to sign players like Trevor Ariza who you might actually be able to get for half the cap space available.
I think the Lakers would be in better position if they could find two really good guards in the 10 to 14 range, but a third all star like Leonard, Irving, Butler or Russell is not impossible. Although George Paul and some others have opted out, so the Lakers have a chance to prove they aren't as stupid as they have been accused. It appears, however that Magic Johnson is advising Jeanie in an unofficial capacity - and letting her run the day to day operations. If that Is correct, the Lakers surely will get one more decent hit. That bench, though is really going to be a huge liability in the playoffs if they don't find a way to improve it. Even with 5 elite players, the Lakers need a better bench to win a title. Five is not enough

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is unconventional though

He could've easily went to UK but went to OSU. I Wouldn't necessarily say he takes the max over a better team

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like if I'm D Lo and I say hey...I will do 3 years 60 mil but I have faith I will be a SuperMax in three years when this is my and AD's team I will get it back.

But I'm not saying that's his mindset but I could see that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do

Just a few:

Otto Porter Jr
CJ McCollum
Andrew Wiggins
Chandler Parsons
Harrison Barnes

And Steven Adams was within a couple million of a max

There are probably more, but this is what I found since 2016

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few:

Otto Porter Jr
CJ McCollum
Andrew Wiggins
Chandler Parsons
Harrison Barnes

And Steven Adams was within a couple million of a max

There are probably more, but this is what I found since 2016

And CJ is the only that isn't a bad deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And CJ is the only that isn't a bad deal.

Agreed.

But, the point is that teams can and will overpay

Russell is probably a little better right now than McCollum was when he signed his.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is unconventional though

He could've easily went to UK but went to OSU. I Wouldn't necessarily say he takes the max over a better team
If Brooklyn is no longer thinking about Kevin Durant and Irving as a combo - they will resign Russell and he will serve them well -

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not understand. The lakers traded everyone but 3 players, need to get a roster with 32 million, but they can get a top free agent that is going to make 40? What is left G league two way contracts?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not understand. The lakers traded everyone but 3 players, need to get a roster with 32 million, but they can get a top free agent that is going to make 40? What is left G league two way contracts?
They did well to convince Davis to drop his kicker and to get rid of those other 3 guys...

but you are right

considering they have no draft capital they will have to fill out the roster with league minimum guys. It will start to get very expensive for them when Davis is up for his next contract after this year and they have to give him a supermax.

It will be interesting to see what they can do with the 32M......if i could get Kyrie or Kawhi I would do it, absent that I would try and get 2-3 guys and spread the cash around a little bit to get some depth. You are going to need depth on a team that has an old LeBron with the most miles in NBA history at age 35, and a injury prone Davis. You do not want those guys playing 35+ minutes per game during the regular season because if either one of them gets a significant injury the season is over.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did well to convince Davis to drop his kicker and to get rid of those other 3 guys...

but you are right

considering they have no draft capital they will have to fill out the roster with league minimum guys. It will start to get very expensive for them when Davis is up for his next contract after this year and they have to give him a supermax.

It will be interesting to see what they can do with the 32M......if i could get Kyrie or Kawhi I would do it, absent that I would try and get 2-3 guys and spread the cash around a little bit to get some depth. You are going to need depth on a team that has an old LeBron with the most miles in NBA history at age 35, and a injury prone Davis. You do not want those guys playing 35+ minutes per game during the regular season because if either one of them gets a significant injury the season is over.

well well...

look what the cat dragged in...