• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants a long-term deal so I'm sure he will accept less than the 30M but heard rumors a team was offering up to 28M a year. So you gotta think with him getting that much, not too many players will accept less especially a young guy like DLo. If he did accept less it would be not much less. But you really never know, his dream starting 5 has AD and Lebron in it...I guess that helps the Lakers a bit and Magic is gone.

D Lo in LA would give me someone to root for. Please let this happen.

The Pistons are crushing my NBA soul in mediocrity

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalmed by a Lakers fan. Ironic.

Sorry the Pistons own that ass (well...did own that ass.....now they can barely wipe their own ass)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I facepalmed you because I don't like DLo.

Ah

Well now I really want them to get him back

(Not because of your stance in particular but because I hadn't considered this for actual Laker fans)

Lose Lavar get back D Lol...that's gotta be a positive net net

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah

Well now I really want them to get him back

(Not because of your stance in particular but because I hadn't considered this for actual Laker fans)

Lose Lavar get back D Lol...that's gotta be a positive net net

DLo is a decent fall back if the Lakers miss out on their top targets. They would have to wait for the Nets to renounce him anyway (which the Nets have to do to sign Kyrie and Durant, if that comes to fruition).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully at a deep discount for their budget

He's going to turn down $25M to take an exception deal? He must be looking elsewhere. I think he just figures someone is going to get caught with excess cap opened up for the few FAs actually deserving of the max and will try to get a fresh start and longer deal out of that cap space.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to turn down $25M to take an exception deal? He must be looking elsewhere. I think he just figures someone is going to get caught with excess cap opened up for the few FAs actually deserving of the max and will try to get a fresh start and longer deal out of that cap space.

Obviously he isn't going back to the Warriors

Honestly I'm not sure what he thinks. Anyone paying him 4 for 100 is a crazy person.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo is a decent fall back if the Lakers miss out on their top targets. They would have to wait for the Nets to renounce him anyway (which the Nets have to do to sign Kyrie and Durant, if that comes to fruition).

The only way Kyrie to the Nets will work is if KD comes with him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he isn't going back to the Warriors

Honestly I'm not sure what he thinks. Anyone paying him 4 for 100 is a crazy person.

He wouldn't have to get the same money. Turning down 1y/25m to get even 4y/50m when some excess cap space opened up for a missed target might make that more likely makes good sense. If he waits to next season, he might not find a taker for a similar offer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because they would not have full bird rights- they would have to use cap room to sign him again. Not only that, but if a team is offering him a multi-year deal starting at 27M a year with annual 7% raises, compared to 20M a year and a "promise" to pay him more the next year, which one are you talking? It's not even a reasonable comparison.

An example of this would be JJ Reddick, who after signing two- 1 year deals in a row, does not enjoy full bird rights.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have to get the same money. Turning down 1y/25m to get even 4y/50m when some excess cap space opened up for a missed target might make that more likely makes good sense. If he waits to next season, he might not find a taker for a similar offer.

He would only need a three year 25 million dollar deal to get the same money

That's why to me it's crazy he didn't take the option

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would only need a three year 25 million dollar deal to get the same money

That's why to me it's crazy he didn't take the option

It's a risk, but it could also be he wanted out of Sacramento, or he saw the writing on the wall that his role was going to be cut going into free agency next year, hurting his earning potential going forward.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He's an RFA, so they may be able to get him for a little less than what they would if he were a UFA. Especially if Kyrie goes to the Nets.

Well, it is usually the exact opposite of that.

But if the Nets are getting Kyrie, that basically makes DLo and unrestricted FA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Kyrie to the Nets will work is if KD comes with him.

Yeah I heard something like that. If they didn't get KD or another star with Kyrie they would just bring DLo back. Right now it looks like Kyrie and KD are favoring the Nets, but we did hear they were both going to the Knicks. I think at this point Kyrie and KD might want to play together...I'm sorry KD, if you want to play with Kyrie get ready for a circus show.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I facepalmed you because I don't like DLo.
Well you might not like him, but the Lakers need two quality guards to finish their starting line up and he could easily be one of them. He can shoot, would be a good role player and still has some growing to do as a player and would fit in and would be in the price range that the Lakers can pair him up with another young guard. I could think of worse and better, so he wouldn't be the best choice, but not the worst - I think Butler would might be a better choice

Butler 18 ppg 5 rpg and 4 apg - 20 million last year

Rusell 21 ppg 4 rpg 9 apg 9 million team option

You can see why the Lakers would make a move for Russell

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you might not like him, but the Lakers need two quality guards to finish their starting line up and he could easily be one of them. He can shoot, would be a good role player and still has some growing to do as a player and would fit in and would be in the price range that the Lakers can pair him up with another young guard. I could think of worse and better, so he wouldn't be the best choice, but not the worst - I think Butler would might be a better choice

Yea D Lo will almost certainly be cheaper and despite his Nick Young mishap he's almost assured to be a better lockerroom guy

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are better off with a 3 and D guy.