• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are better off with a 3 and D guy.
Yeah, they need two guards In the 10 to 14 million dollar range - perhaps younger and room to grow which is why I like D'angelo Russell - He still has room to get better and the Lakers could work on his shooting which is already decent. One reason I was glad to see Lonzo Ball leave is because he simply does not have a good shot, no rhythm, no consistency to match his rebounds and assists

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they need two guards In the 10 to 14 million dollar range - perhaps younger and room to grow which is why I like D'angelo Russell - He still has room to get better and the Lakers could work on his shooting which is already decent. One reason I was glad to see Lonzo Ball leave is because he simply does not have a good shot, no rhythm, no consistency to match his rebounds and assists

Agreed. Excellent post.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that no way in hell Russell signs for $14 million or less.
I would be okay with giving him between 14 and 17, but at this point the Lakers will most likely be looking for bargains. Even 15 million or 30/two years would be an excellent bargain for the guy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with giving him between 14 and 17, but at this point the Lakers will most likely be looking for bargains. Even 15 million or 30/two years would be an excellent bargain for the guy

There's still bad blood between DLo and the Lakers. The fact that both Lebron and AD play for them is the only reason why he would even consider it.

And even then, there will be plenty of teams that would offer him $20m+

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But again,

That is completely unrealistic to think he might sign for that with other teams offering him 27

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still bad blood between DLo and the Lakers. The fact that both Lebron and AD play for them is the only reason why he would even consider it.

And even then, there will be plenty of teams that would offer him $20m+
It's unlikely that the Lakers sign him and I can see him getting 20 million - I personally think the Lakers will end up looking for cheaper bargains - but you never know -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again,

That is completely unrealistic to think he might sign for that with other teams offering him 27
If there are teams that offer him 27 - that would be true - but you just said a few minutes ago - that he would not be signing for 14 million or less - You never said anything about 27 million - so now you're back peddling your game of hate the Lakers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unlikely that the Lakers sign him and I can see him getting 20 million - I personally think the Lakers will end up looking for cheaper bargains - but you never know -
Sometimes you do know. He ain't signing for that

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are teams that offer him 27 - that would be true - but you just said a few minutes ago - that he would not be signing for 14 million or less - You never said anything about 27 million - so now you're back peddling your game of hate the Lakers
Paranoia is a killer

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

You brought 14 million out of nowhere.

I have said multiple times in multiple places that dLo is getting max offers from at least a couple teams. That max offer is 27 million.

Try to have a clue about how this stuff works please.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I have said multiple times in multiple places that dLo is getting max offers from at least a couple teams. That max offer is 27 million.

This is what the problem with GM's is, they will extremely overpay a player based on one good season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the problem with GM's is, they will extremely overpay a player based on one good season.

I agree with that for sure. Big problem around the league.

Don't think this is an overpay for DLo though.

I thought he was trash when the Lakers traded him. I was wrong.

Given how good he was this year, how young he is, his draft pedigree and that players like Otto Porter and Harrison Barnes get these RFA max offers, this one is a no brainer to me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paranoia is a killer
:lol: - I am not paranoid - I think the journey is too much fun to go straight to the end - If they win - they win, but if they lose - there will another day. The Warriors are a far away from being done as a dynasty - If KD was smart, he would take the player option and wait one more year to be a free agent. I think it's automatic, Klay Thompson leaves. If the Warriors are smart, they gamble on those to players and they see if both players are ready in time for the playoffs. If Durant missed the entire season, but makes it to the playoffs - He will be worth the championship they get. Same for Thompson. In the mean time, however you must listen to these people saying that they are finished. Be sure to book mark some of them for revenge at a later day:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

The 10 to 14 is the range most people have talked about for guards and Lakersnation have indicated that Russell is not opposed to coming back to the Lakers - so it's not hardly out of no where - it's just that you haven't been listening to your own limited news in relation to your limited agenda.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that for sure. Big problem around the league.

Don't think this is an overpay for DLo though.

I thought he was trash when the Lakers traded him. I was wrong.

Given how good he was this year, how young he is, his draft pedigree and that players like Otto Porter and Harrison Barnes get these RFA max offers, this one is a no brainer to me.
Yeah, his pretty good, but as much as he has improved - 27 million would be a huge over-pay in my opinion. I think he is worth less and needs to work on his craft a bit more for that kind of money - But you never know - Even the Lakers might offer him that kind of money -

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 to 14 is the range most people have talked about for guards and Lakersnation have indicated that Russell is not opposed to coming back to the Lakers - so it's not hardly out of no where - it's just that you haven't been listening to your own limited news in relation to your limited agenda.
Sorry, TLF... DLo's market value is well above 10 to 14 million per.

No doubt the Lakers would love to have him for less... any team would. Not reality, though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, TLF... DLo's market value is well above 10 to 14 million per.

No doubt the Lakers would love to have him for less... any team would. Not reality, though.
Lakers need a third max contract - but they are need a bench as well - they have a lot to accomplish

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again,

Eh it doesn't seem wise to offer him 27 with all of one replacement all star birth.

If that's where they go then you move elsewhere.

Up to him if he wants 27 in Phoenix or 18-20 to play in LA and possibly win a title.