• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The LA Angels at Your Texas Rangers 9/26 - 9/29

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Rangers, Indians and Jays today. It would make it a very interesting final day tomorrow with three teams tied for 2 WC spots. Good luck to the Rangers in their final stretch for the playoffs.

You can leave...rooting for the Indians....

It's not that I'm rooting for the Indians, just want to see a VERY exciting last day of the regular season. However since it has been pointed out to me that my scenario would in fact put Cleveland up a game I will pull against them tomorrow.

If I could name the team to miss the playoffs it would be Tampa.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona Diamondbacs won a WS in spite of their manager. Three times he put the same closer out there and three times the Yankees won. Arizona won the series because of Schilling and Randy Johnson. RW is good with team chemistry but stinks at strategy. Many times we have won in spite of him. I would have loved for Oates to have the team we had in 2011 and a pitching coach like Maddox.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I'm rooting for the Indians, just want to see a VERY exciting last day of the regular season. However since it has been pointed out to me that my scenario would in fact put Cleveland up a game I will pull against them tomorrow.

If I could name the team to miss the playoffs it would be Tampa.

I understand Manster. Anyone who states "ESPN is dead to me" is okay in my book.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fool. If it's all about the talent, why didn't the talent win those 2 Series regardless? NO, thank you for playing.

Because talent is often able to overcome poor managing, but not always. It's really a simple concept that's easily understood if you've ever played the game at a fairly high level or followed and studied it for a long time as a fan. From your posts it is VERY apparent that neither of those apply to you. Managers can negatively affect their teams much more easily than they can positively affect them. That doesn't just apply to Wash but all managers. If the manager makes all of the right calls, it is still up to the players to perform. Thus, it's hard for a manager to truly "win" his team a game. However, if he makes boneheaded calls and puts weaker players in situations where it is unfair to expect them to perform, then the burden of that loss falls heavily on him. And that is often the case with Wash, not putting his players in the best situations to succeed.

9 times out of 10 we the fans, analysts, and sports writers easily spot his mistakes as he's making them because they are so blatantly obvious and we say "this isn't going to work" and sure enough it doesn't.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea me too. Feel good about tomorrow's game.

I knew we would have to go 7-0 to have a chance but was not feeling really good about it. Hope Yu pitches the game of his life tomorrow and the offense is on.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we would have to go 7-0 to have a chance but was not feeling really good about it. Hope Yu pitches the game of his life tomorrow and the offense is on.
If he has a good game I believe were in.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona Diamondbacs won a WS in spite of their manager. Three times he put the same closer out there and three times the Yankees won. Arizona won the series because of Schilling and Randy Johnson. RW is good with team chemistry but stinks at strategy. Many times we have won in spite of him. I would have loved for Oates to have the team we had in 2011 and a pitching coach like Maddox.

Could have sworn the D-backs won by beating the best closer in baseball. Also, Bremly brought in Randy Johnson to close out the game which many consider a brilliant move. They won a WS which is where you should have stopped. Obviously, your screen name fits.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because talent is often able to overcome poor managing, but not always. It's really a simple concept that's easily understood if you've ever played the game at a fairly high level or followed and studied it for a long time as a fan. From your posts it is VERY apparent that neither of those apply to you. Managers can negatively affect their teams much more easily than they can positively affect them. That doesn't just apply to Wash but all managers. If the manager makes all of the right calls, it is still up to the players to perform. Thus, it's hard for a manager to truly "win" his team a game. However, if he makes boneheaded calls and puts weaker players in situations where it is unfair to expect them to perform, then the burden of that loss falls heavily on him. And that is often the case with Wash, not putting his players in the best situations to succeed.

9 times out of 10 we the fans, analysts, and sports writers easily spot his mistakes as he's making them because they are so blatantly obvious and we say "this isn't going to work" and sure enough it doesn't.
Nicely put Will. I have played at a fairly high level and what you say is true. If the manager gives you the best possible way to win then it's on the players. If not, it's on the manager. Simple and not hard to understand.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely put Will. I have played at a fairly high level and what you say is true. If the manager gives you the best possible way to win then it's on the players. If not, it's on the manager. Simple and not hard to understand.

90-71 and one game away from their 4th straight trip to the playoffs. Did your team do that and then fire the manager?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...just that black & white huh?

you guys should get out more

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90-71 and one game away from their 4th straight trip to the playoffs. Did your team do that and then fire the manager?
Actually no. Our players were not good enough to win without an excellent manager giving us the best chance to win. Did he always do it? No. But most of the time yes. When I left he was still winning. In my opinion, constantly playing Murphy is where Wash could improve. There are others. Not up to anyone but JD to fire him or not.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that can't see that Ron is a poor in game manager and that the team wins in spite of bad moves on his part is either not watching or has blinders on. Even with all the injuries this current team wins 95-96 games if the talent is used correctly. David Murphy, enough said

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that can't see that Ron is a poor in game manager and that the team wins in spite of bad moves on his part is either not watching or has blinders on. Even with all the injuries this current team wins 95-96 games if the talent is used correctly. David Murphy, enough said

i don't like Wash but unless you have a crystal ball you can't prove that this team would done any better with someone else. do i want him gone? an emphatic yes

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no. Our players were not good enough to win without an excellent manager giving us the best chance to win. Did he always do it? No. But most of the time yes. When I left he was still winning. In my opinion, constantly playing Murphy is where Wash could improve. There are others. Not up to anyone but JD to fire him or not.

exactly

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've played baseball and followed it since 1955 and in all that time I have never known of a manger who guided his team to a perfect record. Most times managers lose their teams and are fired based on their record. Not the case here. As a matter of fact, it's not even close.
Wash makes moves that we don't agree with, but there is nothing I can find or have ever heard of that can definitively point to evidence of managers either losing or winning games. If JD makes a change then so be it, but my money is and always has been on the bottom line.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get this dude taken care of? He's only showing up to talk shit to people. You wanna talk about the rangers? Then do so, but you are coming here to instigate stuff.

Already sent a pm to the mod.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is available in the pen tomorrow...cotts and Ross I guess. Be good Yu...we need it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is available in the pen tomorrow...cotts and Ross I guess. Be good Yu...we need it.

I'm betting everyone is available if really needed. Cotts will be the go to big gun and may be called on for a couple innings.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get this dude taken care of? He's only showing up to talk shit to people. You wanna talk about the rangers? Then do so, but you are coming here to instigate stuff.

You better watch out Rev, he will call you racist like he did with Romeo. And Romeo did nothing to be called that. The sooner he is gone the better.