• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're horrible. How many systems does Jeff Green need? This is his 8th team, 9 if you want to be funny and count Seattle and Oklahoma City as different teams.

Even Shelvin Mack is better than Mudiay.

Dennis Lindsey went from an A offseason, to less than that.

The Jazz just signed some of the worst players in the league.

What kind of deals are they? Do they get everything or is it contingent on making the final roster? I am more familiar with NFL contracts. They came from bad teams and so their production should go down on a good team. Still wanted to look at their per 36 minutes break down. How are we on the cap? I knew that there was a big deal about having to lose Neto for the Conley trade.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of deals are they? Do they get everything or is it contingent on making the final roster? I am more familiar with NFL contracts. They came from bad teams and so their production should go down on a good team. Still wanted to look at their per 36 minutes break down. How are we on the cap? I knew that there was a big deal about having to lose Neto for the Conley trade.

That theory doesn't always hold true. It's about 50/50.

Most NBA contracts are fully guaranteed. Only 2nd round picks aren't fully guaranteed. Or sometimes, teams will have a partial guarantee in the last year of a deal.

The Jazz have $112.9M, which is slightly over the cap.

Utah Jazz Multi-Year Cap

Mudiay is a 1 year deal, $1.6M.

Green appears to have the same deal.

They might as well give the money to your dog for the next year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That theory doesn't always hold true. It's about 50/50.

Most NBA contracts are fully guaranteed. Only 2nd round picks aren't fully guaranteed. Or sometimes, teams will have a partial guarantee in the last year of a deal.

The Jazz have $112.9M, which is slightly over the cap.

Utah Jazz Multi-Year Cap

Mudiay is a 1 year deal, $1.6M.

Green appears to have the same deal.

They might as well give the money to your dog for the next year.

Who can we compare them to? Is there someone that we can bet for or against? I bet he’ll do better than X and you bet he’ll do worse than X.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can we compare them to? Is there someone that we can bet for or against? I bet he’ll do better than X and you bet he’ll do worse than X.
Compare them to every other player who also signed for the minimum this offseason.

I'll figure out the list sometime.

Or any minimum salary player involved in a trade, since they could have been salary dumped to the Jazz instead, when the Jazz had cap space before these last two moves.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare them to every other player who also signed for the minimum this offseason.

I'll figure out the list sometime.

Or any minimum salary player involved in a trade, since they could have been salary dumped to the Jazz instead, when the Jazz had cap space before these last two moves.

Most often when you compare one player signed for low versus the field you’re going to lose. I feel that we need to do better than average, even though I want the best.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most often when you compare one player signed for low versus the field you’re going to lose. I feel that we need to do better than average, even though I want the best.

Then it depends on what exceptions the Jazz still have available to sign, since they can only use those to sign players, since they're over the cap.

But, if I'm right in that Green and Mudiay are the worst of the minimum contract players, then anyone else would have been better.

Mudiay is on his 3rd team in 5 years. Green has a history of a new team every few years. If they were good, then a team would have kept them longer, or offered a longer contract.

Plus there's nothing about their stats that suggest they have one thing they do above average.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw your post about his relationship with Conley Jr.

Sometimes those things are fine, but in this case, no.

If you're trying for Kawhi Leonard, and getting Danny Green would help seal the deal, then you do it. Danny Green is also the type you'd still want even without Kawhi.

In the Jeff Green case, you don't want him with or without Conley Jr.

Deron Williams complained that the Jazz waived his college teammate Dee Brown after 1 year. Should the Jazz have kept Brown, just to make Williams happier? No.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Stockton signed with a non-Jazz team, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Meanwhile, Jeff Green is on the roster over him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogdanovik. 0-8 one game, 0-9. I mean, who is he? Trey Burke? Although I think I did see Ingles and or Mitchell be 1-11 or so once or twice.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogdanovik. 0-8 one game, 0-9. I mean, who is he? Trey Burke? Although I think I did see Ingles and or Mitchell be 1-11 or so once or twice.

Bojan consistently underperforms in the preseason

17-18'
pre: 35 FG% 13 3P%
reg: 47 FG% 40 3P%

18-19'
pre: 35 FG% 36 3P%
reg: 50 FG% 43 3P%

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bojan consistently underperforms in the preseason

17-18'
pre: 35 FG% 13 3P%
reg: 47 FG% 40 3P%

18-19'
pre: 35 FG% 36 3P%
reg: 50 FG% 43 3P%

Let's hope this thread doesn't have to be bumped because of him too man times, in the regular season, and post season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we going to learn that we don’t need to rebound when we are winning with 3 seconds to go? We need to prevent the other team from getting the ball. So box the F out and kill clock. If they still get it, c’est la vie.

Once the ball is in the air with less than five seconds to go, everyone find a person. It is 5 on 4 to box out here. Don’t try to get the ball. We lost a game or two last year like this. Always act on hindsight!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly happened at the end? I was listening to the radio broadcast, but don't have great reception.

So some of the details aren't clear.

I also didn't think this loss qualified to be a part of this thread, even though they lost to the worst team in the league (the team that's playing the worst).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly happened at the end? I was listening to the radio broadcast, but don't have great reception.

So some of the details aren't clear.

I also didn't think this loss qualified to be a part of this thread, even though they lost to the worst team in the league (the team that's playing the worst).

Well, they learned nothing from the Golden State Tippin loss last year. We did not need to rebound. Once the ball is in the air, find somebody and box them out. We just needed to get the damn box out.

If the ball is batted out for an open shot, so be it. But I’m really tired of game situations where they don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Again, I know it’s all in hindsight, but in the timeout, I really wish they had just talked about the first shot and then about boxing out. Any shot should be farther than 3 feet.

I mean, if the ball goes in, you call a time out. So you don’t even need to be watching the ball. Just keep boxing out and make sure you don’t foul. Make it hard on them. They are the one that needs the ball. Make them foul trying to get it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we going to learn that we don’t need to rebound when we are winning with 3 seconds to go? We need to prevent the other team from getting the ball. So box the F out and kill clock. If they still get it, c’est la vie.

Once the ball is in the air with less than five seconds to go, everyone find a person. It is 5 on 4 to box out here. Don’t try to get the ball. We lost a game or two last year like this. Always act on hindsight!

Well, they learned nothing from the Golden State Tippin loss last year. We did not need to rebound. Once the ball is in the air, find somebody and box them out. We just needed to get the damn box out.

If the ball is batted out for an open shot, so be it. But I’m really tired of game situations where they don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Again, I know it’s all in hindsight, but in the timeout, I really wish they had just talked about the first shot and then about boxing out. Any shot should be farther than 3 feet.

I mean, if the ball goes in, you call a time out. So you don’t even need to be watching the ball. Just keep boxing out and make sure you don’t foul. Make it hard on them. They are the one that needs the ball. Make them foul trying to get it.

I don't understand why you keep saying they didn't need to rebound.

Don't you mean that they do need to rebound a missed shot by the opponent, so the opponent can't put it back in, which is what Harrison Barnes did?

And you mentioned the game last year, in which Jerebko did make a put back game winner, from the Durant miss.

Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz Play-By-Play, October 19, 2018 | Basketball-Reference.com

+++++++++++++++++

0:02.0 K. Durant misses 2-pt jump shot from 14 ft 122-123
0:02.0 Offensive rebound by J. Jerebko 122-123
0:00.0 J. Jerebko makes 2-pt layup from 1 ft +2 124-123

+++++++++++++++++

Is your voice to text adding a "don't", when it shouldn't be doing that?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you keep saying they didn't need to rebound.

Don't you mean that they do need to rebound a missed shot by the opponent, so the opponent can't put it back in, which is what Harrison Barnes did?

And you mentioned the game last year, in which Jerebko did make a put back game winner, from the Durant miss.

Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz Play-By-Play, October 19, 2018 | Basketball-Reference.com

+++++++++++++++++

0:02.0 K. Durant misses 2-pt jump shot from 14 ft 122-123
0:02.0 Offensive rebound by J. Jerebko 122-123
0:00.0 J. Jerebko makes 2-pt layup from 1 ft +2 124-123

+++++++++++++++++

Is your voice to text adding a "don't", when it shouldn't be doing that?

I will concede that a rebound would be better than any other option, but going for the rebound allowed the other team to get the rebound. If you just boxed out, it would probably either be batted back for a father shot or go out of bounds. It just didn’t seem like anyone was looking for anyone else except for the ball and then you’re just relying on luck on the ball coming to you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even if you box out, sometimes they can overcome that and still get the rebound, so might as well try to secure the ball.

Or the rebound goes to a different spot than anticipated, making the box out without going for the rebound, still leaving it up to luck.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even if you box out, sometimes they can overcome that and still get the rebound, so might as well try to secure the ball.

Or the rebound goes to a different spot than anticipated, making the box out without going for the rebound, still leaving it up to luck.

The difference is that I would accept that type of loss. I don’t like when you don’t understand that you are winning the game and you need the clock to run out. It is more important that they don’t get the ball than it was for you to get the ball. I think it is harder for them to overcome it if you box out. If the ball bounces farther than your box out and they get the ball, their shot is harder. And you are between them and the basket.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that I would accept that type of loss. I don’t like when you don’t understand that you are winning the game and you need the clock to run out. It is more important that they don’t get the ball than it was for you to get the ball. I think it is harder for them to overcome it if you box out. If the ball bounces farther than your box out and they get the ball, their shot is harder. And you are between them and the basket.

Fair enough. :)