• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I might give them zero in the MVP discussions. Though I will rank them because I do think that Favors and Gobert and Udoh did alright. I think Ingles had in a ehh game not necessarily an unworthy game. In other words, he has earned a bad game or two. So long as he is trying in that that game. He would have been mentioned in our regular team game MVP ranking.

Interesting. I never thought about still rankings MVPs after a game where everyone should get 0 MVP points.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not the worst. But I can’t and won’t commit any time to watching until they snap out of it. Win three in a row. Hold three opponents under 100 in a row. Hold three under 50%. I just have too many damn things to do in my life that I can’t waste anything on a team who loses to Philadelphia, Indiana, and Kings. Win one at least! Yes they beat Boston twice. Lost the Dallas by 50. Lost at home twice to Grizzlies. Yes, won one on the road.

Didn’t see any of these games. But I’m not going to move things around to commit to it. I’m sure they’ll miss me.

I’m not watching any NBA games tomorrow. That’s it!!!

(It’s a joke, as there are no games played tomorrow.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not the worst. But I can’t and won’t commit any time to watching until they snap out of it. Win three in a row. Hold three opponents under 100 in a row. Hold three under 50%. I just have too many damn things to do in my life that I can’t waste anything on a team who loses to Philadelphia, Indiana, and Kings. Win one at least! Yes they beat Boston twice. Lost the Dallas by 50. Lost at home twice to Grizzlies. Yes, won one on the road.

Didn’t see any of these games. But I’m not going to move things around to commit to it. I’m sure they’ll miss me.

This feels familiar:

Jayswag does this thing when he's mad at the Jazz, he calls them "bastards" and stops watching them (only follows the scores), if he feels they're playing lethargic.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz vs. Lakers - Box Score - November 23, 2018 - ESPN

When will it ever effing end? I know I am bellyaching, but this is getting annoying. Check this out: outside of Ingles (7-12), Gobert (5-7), Favors (5-7), and Sefolosha (2-2), we shot 14-57 (24.6%).

I know other teams would also have a bad percentage if you took out the four best shooters in the game, but it annoys me that we don’t have a more even shooting outside of the top four on any given night. I want the top four to shoot whatever they shoot and the average of the rest shoot 32% at least.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask in an offense that is designed to get open shots. I know people would ask “what offenses are not ‘designed to get open shots’”, but that would be to not understand Snyder’s system. It’s ball movement, advantage basketball, and I see a lot of open shots when I watch.

The Lakers score 13 for 38 outside of the top four. That is 34 point something percent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they did hold the other team below 100 and below 50%. So that qualifies as one of the three games I’m asking for. Technically, they held both teams below those numbers.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz vs. Lakers - Box Score - November 23, 2018 - ESPN

When will it ever effing end? I know I am bellyaching, but this is getting annoying. Check this out: outside of Ingles (7-12), Gobert (5-7), Favors (5-7), and Sefolosha (2-2), we shot 14-57 (24.6%).

I know other teams would also have a bad percentage if you took out the four best shooters in the game, but it annoys me that we don’t have a more even shooting outside of the top four on any given night. I want the top four to shoot whatever they shoot and the average of the rest shoot 32% at least.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask in an offense that is designed to get open shots. I know people would ask “what offenses are not ‘designed to get open shots’”, but that would be to not understand Snyder’s system. It’s ball movement, advantage basketball, and I see a lot of open shots when I watch.

The Lakers score 13 for 38 outside of the top four. That is 34 point something percent.

This game wasn't really competitive. Even though the Jazz lead briefly in the 3rd, and it was still a 3 point game midway through the 4th, it just didn't feel like the Jazz were in it, or would be able to control the game.

Also, you are right, there are offenses that are not designed to get open shots. Some offenses are more about tempering the talent disparity. So their goal is to either hide bad offensive players, or limit the number of possessions. By limiting the number of possessions, there's a greater chance that the talent gap won't be as evident. It doesn't always work, but it works sometimes, and it is a philosophy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we were missing Mitchell, but how have we become so bad on defense? It’s too long to be coincidence. There are too many teams shooting over 50%.

Pacers vs. Jazz - Box Score - November 26, 2018 - ESPN

But on defense, the PG is the first line of defense. The longer he can keep the ball from getting in the paint, the greater the chance of the defensive team in getting a stop.

Reposting this quote from several years ago.

I generally think perimeter defense is more important. What happens with the perimeter defense affects how the rest goes.

Maybe Mitchell's presence or loss impacts the defense a lot?

Maybe Indiana is just one of those bad matchups, even though they were missing Oladipo?

Maybe Exum should start, because he can be an impactful defender?

Just throwing out some ideas.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have they met this criteria yet?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they met this criteria yet?

No. I don’t know if the Clippers have either. Or the Raptors. Or the Bucks. But when you can’t do defense and you’re the Jazz, it’s not worth my time... and I know they don’t care about me watching or not. But whatever.

I heard on the radio the idea that their record is what anyone should have expected it to be at this point due to the schedule. That for every stupid loss we have had, we have a win that we should be proud of. Beating Boston twice cancels out losing to the Pacers twice. Etc.

But whatever. The losses are more upsetting because of how we lost. I hear on the radio, and so I do pay attention to them still, that their passes are lazy. Their effort is so inconsistent. They can’t shoot at all. And this is not from fans calling the show but rather from the hosts.

Their wins and their close losses are up to par. It’s just those few games that are stinkers. It doesn’t seem like they can make up for someone having a bad night. Someone brought up the fact that when Malone did have a bad night we had Hornacek or Stockton. We have players that can also click at the same time, but not really to pick up a few bad nights.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whatever. The losses are more upsetting because of how we lost. I hear on the radio, and so I do pay attention to them still, that their passes are lazy. Their effort is so inconsistent. They can’t shoot at all. And this is not from fans calling show but rather from the hosts.

Yikes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for every stupid loss we have had, we have a win that we should be proud of.

Just a feeling, but I think there's more stupid losses than prideful wins.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a feeling, but I think there's more stupid losses than prideful wins.

Proud was the wrong term. I just meant paper losses are cancelled out mostly by paper wins. Except there's no makeup for losing games that we were up by 19. We can't make up for buzzer beating Jerebko. Those are just should have beens that are never made up, not even by should have lost's.

My friend offered me tickets to the Warriors game on the 19th, but I have my kid's cousins over and a show that night. And it's the ONE time they start at 7. WTF? (Golden State seem to always be tailored to TV or their body clock of 7:30. It didn't matter before I had kids... but as my wife says, nothing mattered before we had kids. ;))

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud was the wrong term. I just meant paper losses are cancelled out mostly by paper wins. Except there's no makeup for losing games that we were up by 19. We can't make up for buzzer beating Jerebko. Those are just should have beens that are never made up, not even by should have lost's.

My friend offered me tickets to the Warriors game on the 19th, but I have my kid's cousins over and a show that night. And it's the ONE time they start at 7. WTF? (Golden State seem to always be tailored to TV or their body clock of 7:30. It didn't matter before I had kids... but as my wife says, nothing mattered before we had kids. ;))

So 7:30 would have been better (if you also didn't have the show to go to, and other family over)?

Which game was lost when up by 19?

You mattered before you had kids. :)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are 12th in DRTG at 108.5 points per 100 possessions.

Can the requirements be changed to 3 consecutive games of 111 or less, and 50% FG or less?

Because right now, it seems like they give up 110 every other game at least. So holding 3 opponents to 111 or less, would be an improvement, and more realistic.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 7:30 would have been better (if you also didn't have the show to go to, and other family over)?

Which game was lost when up by 19?

You mattered before you had kids. :)

What I mean is that the game is usually 8:30 my time and when I have kids, it’s hard to do that because either they can’t go with me because it’s so late and have school the next day or I go and get home so late. Or they do go with me and then I have to get them to sleep and showered late. This one ends up being at 7 o’clock so that would be better and it was free because a friend was giving it to me and it was free to him. But now I can’t go.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. So earlier is better.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They held Orlando to under 100, and under 50% shooting. You didn't say they had to win the game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They held Orlando to under 100, and under 50% shooting. You didn't say they had to win the game.

If they could do that three times in a row, I would be impressed. They often say that some NFL teams have a great defense but no offense and they lose all the time. I’ve seen teams lose games 3 to 0 before in football. That’s good defense or bad offense or a combination.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it bad to lose to Philly?