• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Injury Thread

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Locker - QB - Titans

Per ESPN's Ed Werder, the Titans now estimate Jake Locker (hip, knee) will return in 4-6 weeks.

The Titans' bye comes in Week 8. So in an absolute best-case scenario, Locker will miss just three games (vs. Chiefs, at Seahawks, vs.49ers) and return for a Week 9 game at the Rams. It's awful timing as he had the Titans at 3-1 while completing 62.2 percent of his passes to go with a 6:0 TD-to-INT ratio. Noodle-armed Ryan Fitzpatrick will step in as a weak QB2 until Locker returns.
Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

Oct 2 - 8:18 AM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Broncos LB Danny Trevathan injured his knee in practice today. Not sure how serious but had to be carted off. Would be a tough loss

Yikes! That could and probably would be a tough loss for them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Broncos LB Danny Trevathan injured his knee in practice today. Not sure how serious but had to be carted off. Would be a tough loss

Yikes! That could and probably would be a tough loss for them.

Mike Klis:

Broncos believe LB Danny Trevathan will be able to play Sunday against Dallas.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amini Silatolu - G - Panthers

Panthers LG Amini Silatolu has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, and is done for the season.

It's a big blow for a Panthers' offensive line that got destroyed by the Cardinals on Sunday. The No. 40 overall pick of last year's draft, Silatolu was coming on after a shaky rookie season. The Panthers will move forward with Chris Scott and Travelle Wharton at guard. It's not a good situation for a struggling Cam Newton.
Source: Bill Voth on Twitter

Oct 7 - 2:55 PM

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial, and Mario Manningham getting closer to playing/returning.....

All three on track to start practicing next week.... Will have three weeks to activate them. Would be huge to get Dial and Carradine in the rotation with Ian Williams out and McDonald being inured. And of course Manningham and Boldin on the field would be sweet.

49ers Blog and Q&A: Reinforcements coming: Carradine, Dial, Manningham -- even Crabtree -- close to joining 49ers
Any word on McDonald? Is it a tear? I think the 9ers will be doing much better on offense soon...Crabtree back in November hopefully as well. I'm worried about the defense.Possibly too many injuries(and a rehab) at the front seven to overcome.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clay Matthews - LB - Packers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Packers OLB Clay Matthews will miss at least one month due to his fractured thumb.

It's an enormous blow to Green Bay's defense, which will now have to scheme pressure because it lost its lone true outside pass rusher. 2012 first-round pick Nick Perry has been a major disappointment to this point in his career. Mathews had three sacks, two forced fumbles, and 18 tackles through four games. The Packers also lost ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) and LB Rob Francois (Achilles') to significant injuries in Week 5 against the Lions.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 7 - 5:10 PM

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John McClain:

The Texans are worried that TE Owen Daniels' fibula injury could be serious enough to cause him to miss a few weeks.

Well, Schaub can lock onto Garrett Graham even more now. Still don't understand that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm really mad at Jake Locker for getting injured at this point in the season. The Chiefs needed a loss to get closer to 8-8, and I don't see any way the Titans get a win in Seattle with a backup QB.

At least the Niners won't have to face him. The Titans were the team I thought would surprise everyone this year. They have a ton of talent. Locker was my breakout guy on offense, and Derrick Morgan was my breakout guy on defense. But Fitzpatrick, although he's good for a backup, isn't going to win any big games IMO. Hope I'm wrong on Sunday.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really mad at Jake Locker for getting injured at this point in the season. The Chiefs needed a loss to get closer to 8-8

Wait... I thought the Chiefs needed to finish 8-8 or BETTER. What scenario gets the Niners an extra 2nd?

All this time I've been enjoying their success from afar.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wait... I thought the Chiefs needed to finish 8-8 or BETTER. What scenario gets the Niners an extra 2nd?

All this time I've been enjoying their success from afar.

7-9 is the worst case scenario. 8-8 gets the highest (best) pick. 9-7 is the 2nd best case scenario and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Julio Jones might be done for the season with a foot injury.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Julio Jones - WR - Falcons

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Falcons "fear" Julio Jones will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Per Glazer, the Falcons' "initial determination" is that Jones is done, but are waiting for him to get a second opinion on Wednesday. They are "not optimistic," however. It's a crushing blow to a team that was already on the brink, and an absolute shame for a player who is second in the NFL in receiving through five weeks with 580 yards. If Jones is indeed done, it leaves the Falcons with a breaking down Roddy White and Harry Douglas at receiver. For all intents and purposes, their season is over. Fantasy owners can pounce on Douglas, but are best off looking elsewhere to "replace" their irreplaceable No. 1 receiver.
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Oct 8 - 1:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Colts

Profootballtalk reports Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) has decided to undergo surgery, and will miss the rest of the season.

Bradshaw tried rest and rehab for two weeks, but wasn't progressing at the necessary rate. Coupled with his chronic foot issues, Bradshaw's latest neck injury has his career in doubt even though he's only 27. Bradshaw was running well before going down, averaging 4.5 yards on 41 carries. His injury underscores why the Colts acquired Trent Richardson, and leaves T-Rich as Indy's clear lead back. Donald Brown is Richardson's handcuff. For his career, Bradshaw has averaged 4.6 yards per carry, and caught 139 passes in 87 games. Related: Trent Richardson, Donald Brown
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter

Oct 8 - 3:53 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Owen Daniels - TE - Texans

Texans placed TE Owen Daniels (leg) on injured reserve with a designation to return.

It means Daniels will be out at least eight weeks after sustaining a non-displaced fibula fracture against the 49ers Sunday night. He's safe to drop in all re-draft formats. It opens up a ton of room for production in the Texans offense, as Daniels was averaging 4.8 catches for 50.4 yards on 8.0 targets per game through five weeks. Garrett Graham takes over as the every-down tight end and fourth-round rookie Ryan Griffin steps into the No. 2 role. Graham, a red-zone threat with a 15/141/3 line, is going to be a borderline TE1 against the Rams Sunday.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 9 - 10:16 AM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini:

CB Antonio Cromartie suffered non-contact knee injury today in practice, taken for MRI, per sources. Team concerned.