• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The G5 automatic NY6 bid

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just a guess. There is nothing within the "rules" of this format that tells what it takes for this scenario to occur........what is a sizable SOS gap?

If a team has a SOS of 10 and the other team has a SOS of 90...that is a sizable gap.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team has a SOS of 10 and the other team has a SOS of 90...that is a sizable gap.

So point to the format's rules where a 2 loss team with an SOS rated 80 spots higher than a one loss team will be picked.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So point to the format's rules where a 2 loss team with an SOS rated 80 spots higher than a one loss team will be picked.

Your complaint is that the rules aren't written. I'm telling you what will happen.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your complaint is that the rules aren't written. I'm telling you what will happen.

That is my complaint and you telling what will happen which is no more than a guess does not make it so.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those arguments are still kind of irrelevant. The G5 needs something to play for. The G5 is 3-3 so far in the NY6, and all six games have been competitive. The G5 knows they have no shot at making the CFP, but so what, neither does Iowa St or Wake Forest for that matter.

I know that as a Memphis fan that I am biased, but we had something to play for this year, and we made it. We lost, but we played well. Best season ever! We had a chance to beat beat freakin' Penn St. We were on GameDay! The G5 needs that shit!

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on being 5th in the final results this year? Wouldn't an undefeated Baylor have entered CCG weekend ahead of Georgia? Would an OT loss to Oklahoma compared to a blowout loss to LSU cause Baylor to fall below Georgia? What about a two loss champion Oregon or a 2 loss champion Oklahoma?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on being 5th in the final results this year? Wouldn't an undefeated Baylor have entered CCG weekend ahead of Georgia? Would an OT loss to Oklahoma compared to a blowout loss to LSU cause Baylor to fall below Georgia? What about a two loss champion Oregon or a 2 loss champion Oklahoma?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no magic formula for getting invited into a P5 league and it shouldn't be necessary anyway. It is not that difficult to have a format where FBS = FBS and rules not votes determine where teams place. We don't have it because the format is all about what is best for P5 business and G5 teams play within that system because they have no power to change it and must still do what's best for their schools financially.

Hmm, it seems Utah, TCU, West Virginia, Boston College etc figured out a formula of swallowing pride instead of throwing a temper tantrum. And you cannot one hand says the system is rigged against you yet on the other hand say we have to use the system to stay solvent.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]
Hmm, it seems Utah, TCU, West Virginia, Boston College etc figured out a formula of swallowing pride instead of throwing a temper tantrum. And you cannot one hand says the system is rigged against you yet on the other hand say we have to use the system to stay solvent.

TCU was kicked off the big boys table and brought back due to realignment not because they did anything to earn or guarantee an invite. West Virginia and Boston College were never treated like G5 teams and there is nothing they did that G5 teams could use as a road map to gurantee a P5 invite. Utah and Louisville are pretty much the only schools that started as non power and moved up and both benefited from realignment and not because anything they did guaranteed it would happen.

Of course, you can say that the system is rigged but still benefits the school financially more compared to what other options they have.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game featuring the G5 team in the NY6 really loses its appeal when the G5 team isn't undefeated.

I think they need to add a qualifier to the rule.

If there are no undefeated G5 teams, there is no automatic bid.

Penn State-Alabama or Penn State-Utah would have had much more appeal.

Penn State just won the Cotton Bowl and my opinion of them changed zero.

Your opinion of Texas change any last year after the bowl game or was it just that Georgia just didn’t show up?

Rarely do people change their opinion of teams based on a bowl game, they just change the narrative. So, i don’t see why we need more restrictions for G5 teams

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those arguments are still kind of irrelevant. The G5 needs something to play for. The G5 is 3-3 so far in the NY6, and all six games have been competitive. The G5 knows they have no shot at making the CFP, but so what, neither does Iowa St or Wake Forest for that matter.

I know that as a Memphis fan that I am biased, but we had something to play for this year, and we made it. We lost, but we played well. Best season ever! We had a chance to beat beat freakin' Penn St. We were on GameDay! The G5 needs that shit!

Today's game broke that streak.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]

TCU was kicked off the big boys table and brought back due to realignment not because they did anything to earn or guarantee an invite. West Virginia and Boston College were never treated like G5 teams and there is nothing they did that G5 teams could use as a road map to gurantee a P5 invite. Utah and Louisville are pretty much the only schools that started as non power and moved up and both benefited from realignment and not because anything they did guaranteed it would happen.

Of course, you can say that the system is rigged but still benefits the school financially more compared to what other options they have.

TCU was ticked off? They played the game and got a P5 invitation unlike what UCF has done. BC and WV knew the Big East was folding so they lobbied to the ACC and Big 12. UCF and G5 schools choose not to lobby. Boise State doesn’t have to lobby the Pac 12 until California eliminates public schools (which isn’t too far away). Utah and Louisville both sucked it up and took less money than they should’ve received to become P5 members, either play the game or quit bitching.