• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The final word on Jordan vs LeBron (and Kobe)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I CONCEDED the point on his 7 appearances. I get it. I don't feel like arguing about that stat point.

You realize the Bulls didn't play the Pistons the year after because the Pistons lost in the first round, right?

Good cuz I'm worn out. Yeah the Pistons won 50 games the year after but got beat by the Knicks I believe. Don't care anymore :lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are still focusing on the 7 straight appearances while ignoring all the details I provided to discount your claim that the Bulls had to go through the super tough Lakers and Celtics.

Once the finals start I will focus on the games. We can return to this thread afterwards. I expect the Warriors will win in 5 but we shall see.

Good God man. Go back and read post #38. Sound out the words you cannot figure out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jordan go through the Celtics dynasty or bad boy Pistons?

I remember him having to wait 7 years to get to a Finals, and finally overcoming an old shell of a version of the Bad Boy Pistons

Even if the Pistons were a shell of themselves there is no way that they are anywhere near as bad as the Isaiah-less Celtics from this season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Pistons were a shell of themselves there is no way that they are anywhere near as bad as the Isaiah-less Celtics from this season.

Sure, I agree with that, probably why the Celtics lost 3 home games by a combined 90+ points

Them absolutely eviscerating the Celtics doesnt prove to me they wouldnt have competed with that Pistons team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron never had to go through the Celtics dynasty or the Bad Boys period of end of story.

These Lebron "finals appearances" crack me up because the East he's been in hasn't had 1 team that could even sniff an NBA title.

And before you dismiss the Bad Boys and forget about how bad ass that era was.. Detroit whipped the '89 showtime Lakers in 4 games - the Bulls went 6 games in ECF against that Pistons squad. Magic was the MVP that year.

1990 the Piston beat the Blazers 4-1. Bulls took the Pistons to 7 games in the ECF. Magic was again the MVP.

Lebrons East is nowhere in the ballpark of what Jordan faced in the East. Had Jordan got to the Finals in 89 and 90 with a weak East like Lebron has had -- it would have been 8 rings. Plus 2 years of baseball? :lol:

We have already talked about this. MJ never beat the Celtics LMAO. He got beat 3 or 4 straight years by the Pistons. Give me a fucking break dude. You still dont have a clue

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have already talked about this. MJ never beat the Celtics LMAO. He got beat 3 or 4 straight years by the Pistons. Give me a fucking break dude. You still dont have a clue

Can u read?

That's the whole point tard.. He couldn't beat the Celtics or the Pistons because they were legit. In a legit East. Not the weak shit the East has become.

Lebrons "finals appearances". Goodness man tighten your shit up.

Try reading the entire post before you get all triggered or at least try to sound out the words.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hate these topics.

Everyone wants to prop up the here and now players while ignoring the greatness of the players of the past.

LeBron is a great player, but let's be serious, he's had stacked teams the past 8 years while playing in the weak eastern conference.

And the couple of legit teams that arose happened to have major injuries to star players ( Derrick rose, Isaiah Thomas ).

And why is Russell never in the conversation? 11 rings don't matter? Is he ignored because when he played there were not stats for blocks and other stats that weren't recorded back then that hide his greatness?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone wants to prop up the here and now players while ignoring the greatness of the players of the past.

LeBron is a great player, but let's be serious, he's had stacked teams the past 8 years while playing in the weak eastern conference.

And the couple of legit teams that arose happened to have major injuries to star players ( Derrick rose, Isaiah Thomas ).

And why is Russell never in the conversation? 11 rings don't matter? Is he ignored because when he played there were not stats for blocks and other stats that weren't recorded back then that hide his greatness?

He's not in the conversation because if you think LeBron is playing on "stacked" teams, Russell was playing on teams with like 6 HOFers on them. Plus everyone was like 6'4" back then.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is only the 4th or 5th best Laker of all time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure that is really a dig at Kobe, when you're talking about a franchise with Magic, Kareem, Logo, Shaq, Chamberlain (although not at his peak), etc.

The sadder discussion would be who is the second best Cavalier of all time? Does anyone even come to mind for non-Clevelanders?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell isn't in the conversation because he's not the GOAT. He's the greatest winner of all time.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this. Kobe is the best Laker of all-time. If not, the most iconic. The first thing ppl would say if they're hooping in the backyard or whatever, it's Kobe.

But I really feel like I'm disrespecting Shaq when saying that ( which I'm not ). He has to be right up there. During the mid-2000's, all I watched was the Lakers it seemed like. It was pretty fun. Same goes for Magic Johnson, even though I'm too young to know about him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. Kobe is the best Laker of all-time. If not, the most iconic. The first thing ppl would say if they're hooping in the backyard or whatever, it's Kobe.

But I really feel like I'm disrespecting Shaq when saying that ( which I'm not ). He has to be right up there. During the mid-2000's, all I watched was the Lakers it seemed like. It was pretty fun. Same goes for Magic Johnson, even though I'm too young to know about him.

Shaq loses ground the same way Lebron does (IMO). It's bully-ball, using physical strength to force the issue. Basketball was not intended to be such a physical game, and loses much of it's beauty when it degrades into such a scrum. Shaq's game was largely about how much the refs would let him play (and I was a huge Shaq fan until his forced exit from LA). In many ways, Lebron's strengths are much about being bigger/stronger and imposing his will. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Erving, Bird, etc were more about skill and grace, not brute force.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq loses ground the same way Lebron does (IMO). It's bully-ball, using physical strength to force the issue. Basketball was not intended to be such a physical game, and loses much of it's beauty when it degrades into such a scrum. Shaq's game was largely about how much the refs would let him play (and I was a huge Shaq fan until his forced exit from LA). In many ways, Lebron's strengths are much about being bigger/stronger and imposing his will. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Erving, Bird, etc were more about skill and grace, not brute force.

Man... Everytime Shaq gets the ball back in the day, you'll smile because nothing or no one could stop him. Saddened him and Kobe didn't have a perfect relationship. NBA was awesome when the Lakers were the face.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... Everytime Shaq gets the ball back in the day, you'll smile because nothing or no one could stop him. Saddened him and Kobe didn't have a perfect relationship. NBA was awesome when the Lakers were the face.

They were just two completely different guys. Kobe was all about working as hard as possible to win, whereas Shaq was a jokester that would come to camp out of shape and rehab on "company time". It's not hard to see why they would eventually grate on each other's nerves.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kareem and Bird were about skill and grace?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is really a dig at Kobe, when you're talking about a franchise with Magic, Kareem, Logo, Shaq, Chamberlain (although not at his peak), etc.

The sadder discussion would be who is the second best Cavalier of all time? Does anyone even come to mind for non-Clevelanders?

Larry Nance!