• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The final word on Jordan vs LeBron (and Kobe)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a chance to read it all yet....but I thought this thread was going to be about the Youtube video I just saw. Doesn't tell the whole story, but gets in depth about the conference play

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a chance to read it all yet....but I thought this thread was going to be about the Youtube video I just saw. Doesn't tell the whole story, but gets in depth about the conference play

It does address the conference question

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you idiots, here's an article that sums up everything we've been saying about this topic. Anything you write is a version of what's covered here.

This is it. Stop already.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-vs-michael-jordan-cb62c5c876b5
well...notice how they dont even have Kobe in the convo anymore. And i certainly dont think its a slam against Kobe saying hes not Michael or LeBron....i mean- those 2 are the best ever for a reason. Kobe is right about top 10 of all time in my book and a lot of peoples books- but Jordan and LeBron is the conversation. Kobe/LeBron ended years ago.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...notice how they dont even have Kobe in the convo anymore. And i certainly dont think its a slam against Kobe saying hes not Michael or LeBron....i mean- those 2 are the best ever for a reason. Kobe is right about top 10 of all time in my book and a lot of peoples books- but Jordan and LeBron is the conversation. Kobe/LeBron ended years ago.

I remember those Kobe vs Jordan comparisons was the hot thing on the streets I wanna say around 2006. Time flies...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those Kobe vs Jordan comparisons was the hot thing on the streets I wanna say around 2006. Time flies...
dont get me wrong. Kobe is amazing. an all-time great. 5 titles, 2 finals mvps, an mvp, all defensive teams etc. etc....

hes just not lebron or michael.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron never had to go through the Celtics dynasty or the Bad Boys period of end of story.

These Lebron "finals appearances" crack me up because the East he's been in hasn't had 1 team that could even sniff an NBA title.

And before you dismiss the Bad Boys and forget about how bad ass that era was.. Detroit whipped the '89 showtime Lakers in 4 games - the Bulls went 6 games in ECF against that Pistons squad. Magic was the MVP that year.

1990 the Piston beat the Blazers 4-1. Bulls took the Pistons to 7 games in the ECF. Magic was again the MVP.

Lebrons East is nowhere in the ballpark of what Jordan faced in the East. Had Jordan got to the Finals in 89 and 90 with a weak East like Lebron has had -- it would have been 8 rings. Plus 2 years of baseball? :lol:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron never had to go through the Celtics dynasty or the Bad Boys period of end of story.

These Lebron "finals appearances" crack me up because the East he's been in hasn't had 1 team that could even sniff an NBA title.

And before you dismiss the Bad Boys and forget about how bad ass that era was.. Detroit whipped the '89 showtime Lakers in 4 games - the Bulls went 6 games in ECF against that Pistons squad. Magic was the MVP that year.

1990 the Piston beat the Blazers 4-1. Bulls took the Pistons to 7 games in the ECF. Magic was again the MVP.

Lebrons East is nowhere in the ballpark of what Jordan faced in the East. Had Jordan got to the Finals in 89 and 90 with a weak East like Lebron has had -- it would have been 8 rings. Plus 2 years of baseball? :lol:

You didn't even read the linked article did you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. There was a time when Kobe vs. Lebron was a legit discussion. It hasn't been one since at least Lebron's first title in Miami for pretty much everyone.

For a stubborn few, it took until his 2nd title in Miami.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you idiots, here's an article that sums up everything we've been saying about this topic. Anything you write is a version of what's covered here.

This is it. Stop already.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-vs-michael-jordan-cb62c5c876b5

The three lines from this article, (and I am paraphrasing)

1) humans tend to get better at things over time
2) The last sentence about MJ, LeBron and Kobe
3) the one on one comparison. "I have played one on one against players who are taller, faster, stronger and shoot better than me. It usually does not go well".

It literally baffles my mind when people try to say elite teams from the current era aren't as good as past eras. Just doesn't make sense. Not only are stars more concentrated on these teams than they were in the 90s, but humans get better at things over time. This is fact.

It is fair to say that you don't like the way the league is set up today. I get that. But the argument that the Warriors and Cavs could not compete with great teams from prior eras? Please.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the argument that the Warriors and Cavs could not compete with great teams from prior eras? Please.

The argument was never that. It was about the fact that the road to the Finals through the east has never been easier than it is now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument was never that. It was about the fact that the road to the Finals through the east has never been easier than it is now.

In part because the Cavs are really good.

Yes, some have said that.

Also, we are talking about winning championships. I can see how the argument about the East being easy can diminish Finals appearances, but the east has not been easy the last 7 years. It has really only been the last 2.

I don't care if the Cavs are given a bye into the Finals. Beating 1 team as good as GS is harder than beating 4 teams like the Ewing Knicks. Those teams were good and they competed hard. But they were not elite teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article yesterday. Pretty much agree with everything he said.

Two best players I've ever seen play. Better than Magic. Better than Bird. Better than Kobe. Better than Kareem although I didn't see most of his career, only the tail end.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the Cavs are given a bye into the Finals. Beating 1 team as good as GS is harder than beating 4 teams like the Ewing Knicks. Those teams were good and they competed hard. But they were not elite teams.

I really don't know how people measure a team like the Knicks to a team like the modern Pacers. Or the 2011 Bulls.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'd still pick the 2011 Bulls or the Pacers over the 90s Knicks?

I didn't say I would pick either. I said I don't get how anyone can objectively compare them.