• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The dolphins....yay or nay this year

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the Patriots fans in this thread were right about the Dolphins oline. Its arguably the worst in the league right now or really close to it.

You also have Miamis defense allowing a pass rating of 105.6 this year. Tua's pass rating is clocking in right at 87 so far. Thats a recipe to be the worst team in football. Last year's stout Miami defense allowed a passer rating of 87 all year so even if the defense was good you'd still have a team that is lacking.

I do think Tua has some things he can clean up with experience. Im just not sure he is on the right team to be building up his confidence. Waddle is a great piece. Gesecki is a good piece. Just not sure Miami is going to put everything together with this rebuild.

One of the biggest things in the NFL lately is the mirage of a good defense that looks better than it is because of scheme's surprising the opposing teams.

As I have said a million times, NFL coaches are as slow as molasses. It took one of the greatest coach in NFL history (Belichick) almost 3 full seasons to figure out how to stop the gimmick offense that was the wild cat because he could never figure out that he had to account for the "QB" as a possible runner when aligning his defense.

It took a year but teams figured out Miami's MO on defense. You cant do the same thing over and over again and not get figured out. Especially when you are leaving your guys on an island consistently like Miami does.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest things in the NFL lately is the mirage of a good defense that looks better than it is because of scheme's surprising the opposing teams.

As I have said a million times, NFL coaches are as slow as molasses. It took one of the greatest coach in NFL history (Belichick) almost 3 full seasons to figure out how to stop the gimmick offense that was the wild cat because he could never figure out that he had to account for the "QB" as a possible runner when aligning his defense.

It took a year but teams figured out Miami's MO on defense. You cant do the same thing over and over again and not get figured out. Especially when you are leaving your guys on an island consistently like Miami does.
I guess the follow up to that is that its almost impossible to actually field a great defense. Most everything on defense is scheme lately, tbh. Rod Marinelli came up with a scheme that took Alex Smith from an MVP candidate to a total bum. Matt Patricia of all people was able to scheme up something that gave the Chiefs tons of issues with backup Lions players.

So much of success in today's game is built around being unpredictable and flexible. Dolphins dont have enough good players on either side of the ball to really be consistently successful

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wish he isn't all that yet he picks the ball off left right and center when he plays. Injuries are the only worry but in Gilmores case he is starting to fall off so I hope you guys pay him for another 5 years. Fins can either trade X for a lot of picks or work in out its a win/win although I'd rather keep him as he is good. Deny it all you want but he's good.

PS Tua is lighting it up all over training camp now but we don't hear a patsie peep out of that from ya. NW probably had a heart attack already.
Miami Dolphins CB Xavien Howard — A first-team All-Pro last year, Howard stumbled out of the gate this season but had a really solid Week 7 performance against Atlanta. On Sunday, he was credited with eight targets, allowing just one reception for 28 yards while recording an interception for a 2.1 passer rating against. Howard and the Dolphins had a tough time getting together on a contract this offseason and are scheduled to revisit the matter at the conclusion of the 2021 campaign. If Miami continues struggling and the contract appears to be an issue, it might be more beneficial to get an early draft pick that the team can either use to bring in another young player or as part of a trade for a veteran. –– Dolphins Wire, Mike Masala

Dolphins are 1-6 and it's time to start selling!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Dolphins CB Xavien Howard — A first-team All-Pro last year, Howard stumbled out of the gate this season but had a really solid Week 7 performance against Atlanta. On Sunday, he was credited with eight targets, allowing just one reception for 28 yards while recording an interception for a 2.1 passer rating against. Howard and the Dolphins had a tough time getting together on a contract this offseason and are scheduled to revisit the matter at the conclusion of the 2021 campaign. If Miami continues struggling and the contract appears to be an issue, it might be more beneficial to get an early draft pick that the team can either use to bring in another young player or as part of a trade for a veteran. –– Dolphins Wire, Mike Masala

Dolphins are 1-6 and it's time to start selling!
It's no wonder their fan base are delusional. Their sports writers are lost in the sauce.

Why would ANOTHER draft pick help them? They've stockpiled early picks for two + seasons. They just suck at everything.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no wonder their fan base are delusional. Their sports writers are lost in the sauce.

Why would ANOTHER draft pick help them? They've stockpiled early picks for two + seasons. They just suck at everything.
Why would the pay Xavien Howard $75 million to come in last behind the jets?
@FlyerFinFan ?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Miami did by building draft capital. They haven't been relevant in decades so I'm rooting for this to work. But it all comes down to Tua and I too have my doubts. I think they will be pretty good but contenders is a reach.
Draft capital is getting more valuable. Next year their draft capital will be in Philly! Philly could be getting the#1 overall pick!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for KC this team would be the most disappointing in the league. WTF happened

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for KC this team would be the most disappointing in the league. WTF happened
1) over-rated
2) draft picks are mostly busts (so far)
3) got rid of wrong veterans
4) mis-steps by management
5) cursed by signing Howard a year into a 5 year contract.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Miami were the two luckiest teams in 2020.

I also think KC simply outcoached a lot of the best teams in 2020 and teams are a bit wiser this year. I think people thought that since KC's 2019 and KC's 2020 season were next to each other that it was a consistently great team and thats just not the case. The 2019 team was notably better imo.

Miami isnt getting turnovers and they're turning the ball over more. Now their weaknesses are showing up way more. Defense went from 4th overall to 29th overall. They've been figured out.

Cleveland is really close to being one of the most disappointing in the league, btw. Most likely them and KC are competing for the same wild card spot.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Texans have the fewest points in the NFL and the Dolphins have the fourth-fewest in the AFC. But there’s another problem. They each have given up more points than any team in the AFC and all but one in the NFL."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortest story of the weekend:

"Texans at Dolphins highlights"

Funniest story of the weekend:

“Gives us confidence that the work we’re putting in is not going to waste,” as safety Eric Rowe put it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Miami were the two luckiest teams in 2020.

I also think KC simply outcoached a lot of the best teams in 2020 and teams are a bit wiser this year. I think people thought that since KC's 2019 and KC's 2020 season were next to each other that it was a consistently great team and thats just not the case. The 2019 team was notably better imo.

Miami isnt getting turnovers and they're turning the ball over more. Now their weaknesses are showing up way more. Defense went from 4th overall to 29th overall. They've been figured out.

Cleveland is really close to being one of the most disappointing in the league, btw. Most likely them and KC are competing for the same wild card spot.
It's weird that OBJ could be the major issue in CLE though but I will say they had different issues, the defense has not gelled yet until this past week but they were working with basically an entire new defense and injuries have killed them again this year.

but TBH there are a handful of disappointing teams this year in the AFC

Buffalo at 5-3 is disappointing not bc of their record but bc of extremely inconsistent they are. Losing to the Jags and scoring 9 points? Still a top team in the AFC but the way they started off the season I didn't expect this.
Colts 4-5 - I expected more from them but they are playing better of late but only bc they have beaten up on bad teams. They don't have one win vs a good team
KC and CLE of course at 5-4
Dolphins are the obvious choice at 2-7. I thought their defense overachieved bigtime last year and just looking at their roster nothing stands out. They don't have any special talents or anything that scares a defense/offense. Tua was obviously the wrong pick but it's so much more than that for this team.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua was obviously the wrong pick but it's so much more than that for this team.

Really too early to say that isn't it? Kid has only started 15 games. And he has done it playing on a completely subpar offense.

OL is well below average. Their RB situation is so poor that they are starting players that wouldnt even make a lot of teams 53 man rosters. WR situation isnt great either. And their offensive coordinator(s) are so poor that they couldn't hire just one of them and say he is the guy.

For many of the same reason that the Dolphins should have been a Nay in this thread when it was posted, you really cant say that Tua isnt the guy just yet I dont think.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird that OBJ could be the major issue in CLE though but I will say they had different issues, the defense has not gelled yet until this past week but they were working with basically an entire new defense and injuries have killed them again this year.

but TBH there are a handful of disappointing teams this year in the AFC

Buffalo at 5-3 is disappointing not bc of their record but bc of extremely inconsistent they are. Losing to the Jags and scoring 9 points? Still a top team in the AFC but the way they started off the season I didn't expect this.
Colts 4-5 - I expected more from them but they are playing better of late but only bc they have beaten up on bad teams. They don't have one win vs a good team
KC and CLE of course at 5-4
Dolphins are the obvious choice at 2-7. I thought their defense overachieved bigtime last year and just looking at their roster nothing stands out. They don't have any special talents or anything that scares a defense/offense. Tua was obviously the wrong pick but it's so much more than that for this team.
Something's wrong in Buffalo when your top offense can only score 6 points against a 1-6 team. RB's 22 yards rushing total?

Something's wrong when a "star" WR can't get a phone call

Everything's wrong in Miami. Where do you start? They can't even start selling!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dud: Miami Dolphins’ fans’ hopes​

The good news is that Miami secured a huge upset win against the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday night. However, the upset is a dud because it came too late into the season. The win was only the team’s third of the season, and the playoffs are most likely out of reach for them in 2021. As for the fanbase, they can’t even look forward to the draft either because the Philadelphia Eagles currently hold their first-round pick. Fans have to sit back and see what the San Francisco 49ers do because that team’s pick belongs to the Dolphins in April.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dud: Miami Dolphins’ fans’ hopes​

The good news is that Miami secured a huge upset win against the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday night. However, the upset is a dud because it came too late into the season. The win was only the team’s third of the season, and the playoffs are most likely out of reach for them in 2021. As for the fanbase, they can’t even look forward to the draft either because the Philadelphia Eagles currently hold their first-round pick. Fans have to sit back and see what the San Francisco 49ers do because that team’s pick belongs to the Dolphins in April.
Man, remember how they got me to ear my words. Its looking like i was right all along.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins play the Jets this week. Jets ae the perfect team to play when you're down and out.
Jets strart Flacco this week.
Think The Jets are looking at the Fins as the perfect team to play?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavien Howard $75 million 0 sacks, 2 interceptions
Byron Jones $82.5 million 0 sacks, 0 interceptions What did they learn?
Resigned Xavien on 1st year of new contract to the tune of $75 million.

The rookie Jevon Holland for peanuts - 2 sacks 1 interception! - more than the combined totals of Jones and Howard!