• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The dolphins....yay or nay this year

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can live with that but at the same time anyone can get hurt in the NFL at anytime. It's more bad luck than anything especially for a QB. Time will tell.
Agreed. Anyone can get hurt at any time.

Only issue I really have with Tua is that he's been hurt every year, nearly, since he was in college. That's an issue, at least for me.

That's why I stated: The best ability is availability. Because it doesn't matter how good any player is if they can't stay on the field.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagovailoa lacks the intangibles. You can't teach football IQ.

A simple example from a few weeks back: The NT jumped offside and it was a clear and obvious free play. Nothing was open so Tagovailoa threw the ball out-of-bounds rather than risk an INT.
I'd bet he was about to be crushed as that's been the case most of the season. ..oline is a problem.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that bro he has no oline and no running game but has still managed to put up points. Also WR's have been out he's throwing to TE's and guys like Hollins. Yes the D has stepped up but Tua's been slinging with the best of late.
If Miami’s down by 11 with 8 minutes left, Tua’s not really the type who’s going to threaten good secondaries with strong intermediate-to-deep passes.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Anyone can get hurt at any time.

Only issue I really have with Tua is that he's been hurt every year, nearly, since he was in college. That's an issue, at least for me.

That's why I stated: The best ability is availability. Because it doesn't matter how good any player is if they can't stay on the field.
Yes of course but isn't Burrow now having issues every year after no problems in college? Tua broke his ribs because his RT let a guy come clean it wasn't a poor decision on his part. I can't fault players for that

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami’s down by 11 with 8 minutes left, Tua’s not really the type who’s going to threaten good secondaries with strong intermediate-to-deep passes.
Is that a product of a poor oline or him? When he's had time he can sling it. This nonsense about a weak arm has been proven wrong. Sure not an elite arm but you can win without it in the NFL.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course but isn't Burrow now having issues every year after no problems in college? Tua broke his ribs because his RT let a guy come clean it wasn't a poor decision on his part. I can't fault players for that
No. I mean, 1 year, and blew his ACL for the same reason that you're not faulting Tua for getting hurt. OG whiffed on his block and dude had a clean shot.

His pinky is currently banged up, but that's an every week occurrence for QB's in this league. Not keeping him out of any games.

But, for Tua, you can go back through every year in college in which he was injured. Burrow has no such history.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet he was about to be crushed as that's been the case most of the season. ..oline is a problem.
It doesn't matter if he was. The defense was off-side. It was a free play. Throw it up for grabs if you have to. If it's picked you take the 5 yard penalty. You don't throw it away out-of-bounds.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if he was. The defense was off-side. It was a free play. Throw it up for grabs if you have to. If it's picked you take the 5 yard penalty. You don't throw it away out-of-bounds.
If you don't know that your offense drew the defense off sides it could be a catastrophe

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know that your offense drew the defense off sides it could be a catastrophe
The NT jumped on a hard count. If the offense was at fault it would be blown dead as a false start.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is he probably couldn't do anything else if he was about to get nailed. Do you risk injury for a maybe play? He's also still learning the pro game so why don't we just write him off now....ridiculous hate for this player.

I've seen brady throw balls into the dirt as he didn't want to get drilled so does he suck too?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is he probably couldn't do anything else if he was about to get nailed. Do you risk injury for a maybe play? He's also still learning the pro game so why don't we just write him off now....ridiculous hate for this player.

I've seen brady throw balls into the dirt as he didn't want to get drilled so does he suck too?
No hate from me. I just see a good athlete with a slow processor and a limited understanding of situational football. Unfortunately the NFL is more suited to limited athletes with a fast processor and a solid understanding of situational football. Tagovailoa isn't 'bad', he's raw, and he's not going to make consistently good decisions. I think he's always going to be streaky. A team can win with him, sometimes, but they're going to want an upgrade at the position. By all means spend 2 more years developing him from a 'not top 32' quality QB into a 21 - 26 rated starting QB. Not ideal, but he's not a total bust.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a product of a poor oline or him? When he's had time he can sling it. This nonsense about a weak arm has been proven wrong. Sure not an elite arm but you can win without it in the NFL.

Yeah, what they said about Tom Brady early in his career. He panned out ok.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Tagovailoa to Brady??? Brady earned a big contract extension after his 2nd season. Tagovailoa might be replaced.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate from me. I just see a good athlete with a slow processor and a limited understanding of situational football. Unfortunately the NFL is more suited to limited athletes with a fast processor and a solid understanding of situational football. Tagovailoa isn't 'bad', he's raw, and he's not going to make consistently good decisions. I think he's always going to be streaky. A team can win with him, sometimes, but they're going to want an upgrade at the position. By all means spend 2 more years developing him from a 'not top 32' quality QB into a 21 - 26 rated starting QB. Not ideal, but he's not a total bust.
Yet he's at the top of the league for completion percentage with only one true weapon in a rookie WR Waddle, no oline and no run game. He must be real slow and stupid....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Tagovailoa to Brady??? Brady earned a big contract extension after his 2nd season. Tagovailoa might be replaced.
No one is comparing the kid to brady relax. Just saying that smart QB's will live to fight another day and he's still learning. Can't wait until they surround him with some more talent and continue to fix the oline.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is comparing the kid to brady relax. Just saying that smart QB's will live to fight another day and he's still learning. Can't wait until they surround him with some more talent and continue to fix the oline.

Fixing that line will help threefold, helping protect Tua, boost the running game, and free up TEs for more routes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference three months make.

Flores found the right mix and has the Team cranked up. Dolphins are without question, the most dangerous team in the NFL. I'd love to see them play the Chiefs. Mahomes can't out run these Fins. The secondary has to be careful. Once the playoffs start, the officiating gets much tighter for the corners and all of the little shit that everyone got away with during the regular season gets called. It's been the Chiefs wolfbane for the past four years and it will bite them in the ass again this year. The grabs, wraps and pushes. The stage is too big and the WRs will overact.

Dolphins have had a great turnaround.