• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you asking what teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP? What path of logic does this follow that it has any business being answered. Right now with the CFP there is no auto-bid therefore your question/argument is invalid.

You have been answered multiple times on this and in multiple different ways and wording, you have yet to understand. That is your inability to comprehend, not my ability to convey a point.
you claimed scheduling has gotten worse (your comment). I am just asking you to back that statement and you cannot come up with even one team who has been scheduling lesser teams.

sorry to steal from Stripes, but "that's none".

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you claimed scheduling has gotten worse (your comment). I am just asking you to back that statement and you cannot come up with even one team who has been scheduling lesser teams.

sorry to steal from Stripes, but "that's none".
No i did not claim scheduling has gotten worse, go find a quote of me saying that. You are just putting words in my mouth.

Kid go back and read and try to comprehend what you read.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have I been deflecting? If anybody is guilty of deflection, it is you, with putting in assumptions and words into others arguments.

Perfect example you keep asking about teams in a 4 team playoff playing harder/weaker schedules, i have never made the argument that teams in a 4 team playoff would schedule weaker because of it. You keep deflecting when faced with the fact auto-bids means that your OOC can be weak as fuck, and you dont even have to win them so long as you win your conference and you get in. Now that is not hypothetical it is just a plain fact if conference champs get in automatically from the p5 there is no incentive to play tough, or tough teams.

My argument lies in reality and facts, yours is based off moving goal posts, and changing peoples words around to fit your narrative.
you, in fact, have said teams are scheduling weaker.

You are also now defying your "logic" about hypotheticals. we are talking about an 8 teamer which is not here so makes it a hypothetical. Yet for some reason you are able to offer an opinion? Weird.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you, in fact, have said teams are scheduling weaker.

You are also now defying your "logic" about hypotheticals. we are talking about an 8 teamer which is not here so makes it a hypothetical. Yet for some reason you are able to offer an opinion? Weird.
No i have not said teams are currently scheduling weaker, not once have i ever made that claim in my entire life.

I have said that an 8 team auto-bid would cause teams to schedule weaker and care less for OOC, that i 100% did in fact say.

Go back and try and find a quote of me saying teams are currently scheduling weaker.

You will never learn, kid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams did not lose.... hypothetical garbage yet again. You havent tried hard enough to be worthy of actual responses.
In 2017 Bama lost to Auburn. still got in playoff. Game didn't matter
2016 OSU lost to PSu. Still got in playoff. Game didn't matter.

want more?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017 Bama lost to Auburn. still got in playoff. Game didn't matter
2016 OSU lost to PSu. Still got in playoff. Game didn't matter.

want more?
The game still mattered, had there been a better 1 loss team or undefeated team they wouldnt have made it. Perfect example of why the CFP doesnt need to expand to 8.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, Oregon, Florida St and Ohio St (these were all most correct choices, Baylor and TCU had a very weak OOC and no CCG)

Clemson, Alabama, Michigan St, Oklahoma (these were all the most correct choices. Oklahoma had 5 ranked wins and got a #4 seed. 5 and 6 didn't have a chance. Michigan St won their conference with one loss, beat Ohio St and had 4 ranked wins)

Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Ohio St (again, these were all the most correct choices. Ohio St won their CCG. Lost head to head against Penn St but they had a CCG and one loss)

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama (again, these were all the most correct choices. Wisconsin? Lost a CCG to Ohio St who also didn't get into the playoff bc of two losses, you could put Wisky in and they were 5 and 6. Georgia had one loss but a very strong resume.)

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma (this is the only year you could say that a team wasn't a top 4 team and that is Notre Dame BUT they were undefeated lol)

So to sum up, out of 5 years of the CFP, their was one team that probably didn't belong but they were undefeated and deserved to be in. Seems like this 4 team CFP and this committee is doing just fine.

If they were to move to a 8 team playoff in 4-5 years, people would bitch about the 7 or 8 seeds and it would be even more tough to put teams in those spots than the #4. You can try to add other aspects like winning a CCG for 5 spots and make bye weeks for the top seeds but all that shit just makes things more complicated and the conference champions idea is just ridiculous. An 8 team playoff is an awful idea, they are doing just fine.

2014-15 - think they got it right, but still could have taken either of the co-champs of the B12 and made a reasonable argument.

2015-16 - agree...no other way to go, really.

2016-17 - you are just wrong. OSU, in fact, did not win the CCG. PSU did.

2017-18- Other than being called Bama how was that the obvious choice in 2018? Only beat 2 ranked teams and didn't even win their division. Stayed home and got in because OSU beat Wisky

2018-19 - Oklahoma pick was fine but you could certainly make a case for OSU. Both were 1-loss conference champs. why aren't you holding OU's OOC schedule against them like you did Baylor/TCU in 14-15? FAU, UCLA and Army.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Their reasoning for the picks always seem to justify their picks rather than explain them. For the most part they have simply ignored precedent and the teams competing really only know one thing, go undefeated (and there may come a time when that is not enough) unless you are a G5 team.

I also think you can't have #1 without #2.
So far it seems we "know" if you lsoe 0-1 games and win your CCG you will get in over a 2-loss CCG winner or 1-loss team who did not win their CCG.

wonder if that changes this year should LSU or OSU lose its CCG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope i did not show 4-6 definitions i showed 1, trash was part of the definition of garbage. I have already answered this, you are too stupid to be helped.

Rivals logic strikes again, this time in the form of "shout em down" LMFAO at your stupidity

each a and be is a separate "definition" of garbage above. I get not in you to admit your mistakes, but tell me which one would be the "literal" definition equivalent to the NFL. Your choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game still mattered, had there been a better 1 loss team or undefeated team they wouldnt have made it. Perfect example of why the CFP doesnt need to expand to 8.
Bama lost and still got in. How did it matter?

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant possibly say that with 100% certainty. Sure a G5 team who doesnt have AQ standards will still play their best every game, but when it comes to OOC they are throw away games all the team has to do is win their conference and they are in who cares if they are playing 3rd string in OOC and lose? it doesnt hurt their chances at the playoff in an expanded autobid format

Again, you have two paths to playoffs and you are going to disregard one of them because winning an auto bid is a sure thing? Plus you are good playing on road vs at home. I'm not even for the auto bids for P5 format. I just disagree that anyone would not care about OOC results under it.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what year didn't they? They have new "rules" every year and we don't know what they are until AFTER they pick.

One year it's conference champs (OSU in 2014 and I guess MSU in 2015). Another it's less losses (OSU to their benefit in 2016). In 2017 is was best loss (Bama in 2017)

I'm not saying these choices were not justified. They all could be.

This. The problem is not that the same teams would not or could not make it under actual rules. The problem is they make it now for no specific reason and no reason that carries more weight as a matter of rule.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have two paths to playoffs and you are going to disregard one of them because winning an auto bid is a sure thing? Plus you are good playing on road vs at home. I'm not even for the auto bids for P5 format. I just disagree that anyone would not care about OOC results under it.
going to disregard the "at large" because its a trash proposal. For top teams being able to take extra weeks off for their starters to win their conference will be a 100% legit strategy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to disregard the "at large" because its a trash proposal. For top teams being able to take extra weeks off for their starters to win their conference will be a 100% legit strategy.
Hypothetical...how do you know?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

each a and be is a separate "definition" of garbage above. I get not in you to admit your mistakes, but tell me which one would be the "literal" definition equivalent to the NFL. Your choice.
2a covers the NFL that is where the 2nd image comes from since 2a is a link i took a picture to show you. Once again your inability to comprehend what you read strikes again

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did the lose to how did they lose and what team had a better record that got left out?
they lost to Auburn. Semi close game. didn't matter. win or lose. Same result

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical...how do you know?
it isnt hypothetical, it is every proposal for an 8 team out there... automatic bids for conference champs means ooc holds no weight for the conference winners. 8 team playoff would be garbage, just like the NFL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is "literally" trash. If you want a quick crash course on literally and figuratively just ask. No charge.

Not a big deal as many use the term incorrectly. Figured if you wanted to learn something I'd help.