• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but one good way to get to the NFL is exposure. More teams in playoffs would mean more chance for exposure. And perhaps these kids broaden their horizons if they knew they'd have a better shot at a CFP opportunity. Especially knowing at some of the lesser schools they also have a better chance to start sooner (which is also what they want....a chance to play).
:L we are taking about just the bluechip players. There aren't that many every year and those that don't go to the top 5 or so schools, go somewhere for reasons not related to championships.

This line a couple of you are on is pure dreaming. It has no root in fact.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L why do you insist on taking posts that have no attacks in them and returning that condescending garbage?

Yeah, I used 32 as an example to concede that at any number the last place seed might sooner or later win and it doesn't make it better IMO.

And as to the second part, already covered it so why on earth are you harping back on it yet again? I said I was fine with the original system, but accepted a 2 team final as a compromise to address two very specific things. The BCS was the best format IMO.

More attacks and condescending rhetoric? Or are you still trying to have an actual conversation? I can go either way easily.
Attacks? Harping on it?

condescending and snark? Ok...probably guilty. My apologies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his rivals posting style, what do you expect. Only a handful of the rivals people adapted and are worth a shit.
As an adult I acknowledged his comments and apologized...at least for the condescending comments and snark.

You? If I call you irrational it fits as truth is a defense for snark. 3-4 direct Qs already you wont answer

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not addressing the argument, the argument is that with automatic bids teams will not care about OOC opponents. You fail yet again

Reading comprehension would go a long way at helping you try harder kid

The argument is false because no one would put all of their playoff eggs into one basket and ignore home field advantage if it applied.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More condescension I see. Nowhere did I say I'd go back to the 60's, that's your projection and adding things not said. Not only didn't I say it, but have said recently to you I was good with the BCS. You know, something from much more modern times.

Stop putting words in others mouths and acting all high and mighty. It's not necessary.
Here I'll disagree as this was far from condescending.

Another aspect of a good poster is someone who bases his comments on the post and not the poster. for instance you have an issue with that post of mine but think one poster calling another a retard is OK in your book?

And you did say something to this effect. Yes, you were good with the BCS but you did say you preferred what they had before the BCS. so, yes, you did not want change. And you also said you didn't want to go from BCS to CFP. Again, you didn't want change. No words were put in your mouth.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...which of those is the NFL?
Is your reading comprehension such that you cannot see that it can be anything.

My children have a better grasp of the english language and better reading comprehension than you. Maybe the 889 is in your name to try and convince the world you are 18 or older in order to be "legal" to frequent these forums, you should really pay better attention in school. You might learn something, kid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, most of them are good most of the time. They do tend to be a little defensive of each other and a handful can be real jackasses, but then we have lots of our own jackasses.
you mean like when someone calls someone a retard and you let it go, but are offended I put words in your mouth when I didn't?

My comments are all based on post. Not poster. There were some Rivals posters who did not want an 8-teamer and if they were here I would say the same things to them.

Of course when asked direct questions it would be more likely they'd answer.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument is false because no one would put all of their playoff eggs into one basket and ignore home field advantage if it applied.
You cant possibly say that with 100% certainty. Sure a G5 team who doesnt have AQ standards will still play their best every game, but when it comes to OOC they are throw away games all the team has to do is win their conference and they are in who cares if they are playing 3rd string in OOC and lose? it doesnt hurt their chances at the playoff in an expanded autobid format

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Well the 2 most vocal for expansion in this thread are both Rivals posters. I mean if you are only talking about rivals posters who frequent the College Football forums or if you are talking about the entirety of all of them that came here there are a good bit that are good and i forget they were even from rivals at times. I remember the first wave when they came over and thought winning an argument was as simple as declaring themselves a winner or by getting you to reply, that same mentality ive seen from those types has been employed throughout especially by this dtgold88 kiddo
you mean like making a comment and ending in "lol"?

Kids don't like when others have differing opinions. They especially don't like when their own opinions are refuted with logic, facts and reason.

That would be you, my friend.

I am fine with you wanting things to stay where they are. And also acknowledge there are compelling reasons not to expand. Biggest reason I find is one that has barely been touched on and that is travel.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an adult I acknowledged his comments and apologized...at least for the condescending comments and snark.

You? If I call you irrational it fits as truth is a defense for snark. 3-4 direct Qs already you wont answer
You are not direct questioning because your questioning suggests that i made or am defending a claim that is in your questioning.

You asked a retarded question about scheduling currently, to which i answered an 8 team auto bid is not the same thing, right now every game matters still there is no auto bid so your line of questioning is false and thus not worthy of an answer (at least not by me since it was not my assertion in the first place)

Let me help you 4 =/= 8 no auto-bid =/= auto bid

Seriously kid you should learn to read what you are replying to before you demand someone answer questions.

Try harder kid

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean I won't try to limit that bullshit. At the end of the day if they want to be asses I won't stop them, but I'll call it out for what it is.
Have at it.....but don't claim someone puts words in your mouth when you actually said what they claim.

And try to base your comments on post and not poster.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like making a comment and ending in "lol"?

Kids don't like when others have differing opinions. They especially don't like when their own opinions are refuted with logic, facts and reason.

That would be you, my friend.

I am fine with you wanting things to stay where they are. And also acknowledge there are compelling reasons not to expand. Biggest reason I find is one that has barely been touched on and that is travel.
You are melting at the "LOL" i get it

no like using someone saying "lol" as a defense to try and win an argument when all else fails because you are too stupid to comprehend what you read. That is a typical rivals thing to do. You have lost your argument, because nobody will respond to your out of context outlandish bull, so now you resort to trying to pick at grammar, spelling, word usage and so on... it is right out of the rivals playbook.

Keep trying kid, try a lot harder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan of college football for more than 40 years. I've studied the history and read quite a few books over the years. Couldn't get enough of it when I was younger.

You don't have to have been in an era to read what folks from that generation were thinking.
OK...but you said "everyone" and I doubt you spoke to everyone. Never mind why an era where most folks who were not even alive to see the 70s should have an impact on today's game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L we are taking about just the bluechip players. There aren't that many every year and those that don't go to the top 5 or so schools, go somewhere for reasons not related to championships.

This line a couple of you are on is pure dreaming. It has no root in fact.
You get there are 5 star players who don't go to Bama, clemson and OSU, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your reading comprehension such that you cannot see that it can be anything.

My children have a better grasp of the english language and better reading comprehension than you. Maybe the 889 is in your name to try and convince the world you are 18 or older in order to be "legal" to frequent these forums, you should really pay better attention in school. You might learn something, kid.
This is now the 5th direct question you wont answer. Once again, though, of all the definitions of garbage which applies to a literal comparison to the NFL?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read 23 pages but, I think I get the "committee" thing.

I will use criminal law ad the example as it has similarities (and I am familiar with it).

Look at the way most criminal law is written. There is not a lot of specificity in most laws because they have to be written to address an endless amount of possibilities. It is then up the the Criminal Justice system (police, lawyers and judges) to make sure the law is properly applied to the given situation. Most laws have an open ended criteria that must be met before the law can be applied and the application of that criteria may vary depending on the specifics of the case. Depending on the incident some criteria may be more important than others.

The Committee's job is not much different from a cop on the street and a lawyer reviewing the case. The Committee looks at the situation and applies what it thinks is the most appropriate criteria to the specifics of the "case" of who should be present in the CFP.

I only have two real issues with this.

1) There seems to be little to no attention played to precedent.

2) There also seems to be no judicial oversight to assure a fair process.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant possibly say that with 100% certainty. Sure a G5 team who doesnt have AQ standards will still play their best every game, but when it comes to OOC they are throw away games all the team has to do is win their conference and they are in who cares if they are playing 3rd string in OOC and lose? it doesnt hurt their chances at the playoff in an expanded autobid format
Great, but you cannot say this with certainty...no matter how you ignore logic and reason that refutes your OPINION.

Here comes another direct question......You think if top 4 seeds earn home field in round 1 this is not something teams would make sure they earned if they could?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is now the 5th direct question you wont answer. Once again, though, of all the definitions of garbage which applies to a literal comparison to the NFL?
I have addressed this, i even took a screenshot of websters dictionary to help enlighten you. Garbage contains the subset of trash, to which trash can mean a team, a person or just about anything.

Proving yet again you do not know how to read, then respond.

Kid just give up, i am not going to encourage this ridiculous behavior, you should be studying in school, not typing on forums.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not direct questioning because your questioning suggests that i made or am defending a claim that is in your questioning.

You asked a retarded question about scheduling currently, to which i answered an 8 team auto bid is not the same thing, right now every game matters still there is no auto bid so your line of questioning is false and thus not worthy of an answer (at least not by me since it was not my assertion in the first place)

Let me help you 4 =/= 8 no auto-bid =/= auto bid

Seriously kid you should learn to read what you are replying to before you demand someone answer questions.

Try harder kid
You claim all games matter today. I asked how that is the case if OSU losing to UM and LSU losing to TAM would not have prevented them from getting into the CFP if they won CCGs.

You claimed they would not have gotten in so I asked who gets in ahead of them in this scenario. Still no answer.

I also asked you which meaning of garbage correlates to an exact meaning of the NFL (which would be a definition of the word, literal). No answer

And here is the latest that was asked earlier as well....You think if top 4 seeds earn home field in round 1 this is not something teams would make sure they earned if they could? This is asked since you claim top teams wont try in their OOC matchups

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are melting at the "LOL" i get it

no like using someone saying "lol" as a defense to try and win an argument when all else fails because you are too stupid to comprehend what you read. That is a typical rivals thing to do. You have lost your argument, because nobody will respond to your out of context outlandish bull, so now you resort to trying to pick at grammar, spelling, word usage and so on... it is right out of the rivals playbook.

Keep trying kid, try a lot harder.
I don't know why you put down SportsHoopla posters like you do. sure, there are some Rval posters that will point out errors made by other posters and ask direct questions that go unanswered. But some SportsHoopla posters do the same. There are some irrational SportsHoopla posters....there were plenty of irrational Rival posters.

I don't care where a poster came from. I reply based on what he/she says.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, but you cannot say this with certainty...no matter how you ignore logic and reason that refutes your OPINION.

Here comes another direct question......You think if top 4 seeds earn home field in round 1 this is not something teams would make sure they earned if they could?
Way to ignore more.

the top 4 teams wont need home field advantage for 1. 2) you are going off hypothetical criteria.

there is no home field advantage in the post season now, what leads you to believe that would change by including 4 additional teams into the playoff ? when they did the CFP they just took 2 of the NY6 bowl games and made them the semifinals (to rotate yearly)

You have no leg to stand on, yet again. Just give up kid, you cannot win this when the actual facts and logic are against you.

We have the NFL to look at for the playoffs making games not matter, we have current CFP to show that there is no home field, there are bowl games used as semifinals, we also have everyone and their mom against more risk of injury by adding additional games to support a quarterfinal round. The deck is stacked against you