• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boise State or UCF were serious and wanted to go all in, they could schedule an OOC that would make them a consideration....can't speak for UCF, but BSU by their actions clearly isn't serious about it. Over the next several years we have some credible teams in the OOC (sometimes even a couple). But for whatever reason we feel like we have to always toss in a couple cupcakes. If we threw out the USF, Marshall and Georgia Southerns and replaced them with even 3rd or 4thish conference ranked teams from the PAC, Big 12 or Big 10, combined with an up year for even 3 other MWC teams an undefeated BSU could be in the mix. For at least the next 10 years though....we will never know.

Or the format in place could define what it takes for G5 teams to get their shot rather than simply guess that a scenario likes yours will be good enough for the committee either. Clemson is going to get in with 0 ranked wins. Baylor and Utah still have shots if they get their first ranked win next weekend. The Big 12 conference has one OOC win versus a winning team (Louisiana Tech) but it gets a pass because people just know as a P5 it is better (what should be an irrelevant assumption) than any G5 league so they just get all the credit they need just beating each other. It also doesn't help top G5 teams that top P5 teams have no competitive incentive to schedule them. OOC schedules for the top 25 teams are not good. The format is such that OOC scheduling is all about what benefits P5 schools financially. Playing FCS teams at home is better than playing Boise State/UCF anywhere.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FCS week in the SEC is entertainment for you?
Dude, this is what I don't get. 95% of the games involving top 25 teams in any given week are huge blowouts. And somehow it's the NFL that's "fucking garbage". K.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have two paths to the playoffs and you are going to completely disregard one of those paths.......plus what if homefield is awarded in the first round?
This a million times over. No team will schedule OOC like shit just to have a slightly better shot at the #5 seed in the playoff. Any coach/AD doing that would be fired.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this is what I don't get. 95% of the games involving top 25 teams in any given week are huge blowouts. And somehow it's the NFL that's "fucking garbage". K.

This a million times over. No team will schedule OOC like shit just to have a slightly better shot at the #5 seed in the playoff. Any coach/AD doing that would be fired.
Wrong.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the format in place could define what it takes for G5 teams to get their shot rather than simply guess that a scenario likes yours will be good enough for the committee either. Clemson is going to get in with 0 ranked wins. Baylor and Utah still have shots if they get their first ranked win next weekend. The Big 12 conference has one OOC win versus a winning team (Louisiana Tech) but it gets a pass because people just know as a P5 it is better (what should be an irrelevant assumption) than any G5 league so they just get all the credit they need just beating each other. It also doesn't help top G5 teams that top P5 teams have no competitive incentive to schedule them. OOC schedules for the top 25 teams are not good. The format is such that OOC scheduling is all about what benefits P5 schools financially. Playing FCS teams at home is better than playing Boise State/UCF anywhere.

Maybe you aren't disparaging Clemson, but feel the need to point out that they are defending champs, undefeated, cannot help that the ACC is not good right now and played two SEC teams on thei OOC schedule... Again, not their fault that A&M didn't live up to the hype, but that was a solid OOC opponent.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your true colors are showing, this is all about your g5 teams, who don't schedule ooc to even have a right to complain

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter because the teams that he put in didnt belong for good reason lol
I was gonna easily refute this absurd comment, but saw your "lol" at the end and figured why even bother?

Damn. Maybe next time.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna easily refute this absurd comment, but saw your "lol" at the end and figured why even bother?

Damn. Maybe next time.
You cannot refute it.

Try harder kid

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games still matter, if they lose they are screwed, if they only have to win their conference they can lose fcs week and not matter......
Good chance OSU could have lost to UM and LSu could have lost to TAM, won their CCG and still been in the CFP. So their games didn't matter.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance OSU could have lost to UM and LSu could have lost to TAM, won their CCG and still been in the CFP. So their games didn't matter.
Nope.

Try even harder kid

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of games played against the top teams. There are only 3 teams (2 if we are being honest) that are truly elite (ohio state and lsu) then there is clemson who has done everything right by winning all their games, what other teams are "top teams" who should be considered? the eye test can tell a lot, you can see how prone a team is to making mistakes, you can see how undisciplined they are, how assignment sound they are etc, things that are not black and white.
Plenty of games played among the top teams OOC? Great...tell me the "top teams" LSU, OSU, Clemson, UGA, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor played OOC. Any of them play each other? who are the common opponents?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of games played among the top teams OOC? Great...tell me the "top teams" LSU, OSU, Clemson, UGA, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor played OOC. Any of them play each other? who are the common opponents?
Open your eyes kid, you're not trying hard enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because wisconsin was undefeated, it was sort of just a "must have" which is why they had bama right there should wisconsin faulter.....like i already told you, the only rankings that matter come out after CCGs are done being played. Wisconsin didnt play and beat anybody worth a damn, which is why when they got spanked at the end of the season in their ccg (playoff game for all intents and purposes) they fell behind alabama who looked better and won better games
and like we told you...wisky would have been better off staying home and having another team handle their business.....like Bama did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bama looked better played harder and beat better teams
Bama beat no ranked team higher than 16 and only 2 ranked teams all season. No matter how many times you say this it will never be true.

But keep spewing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, under the current system we don't get some unified for sure best 4 teams, and I don't believe anyone suggests otherwise. What we get are the most deserving teams as seen by a committee. There is no way to pick the teams that actually are better than each other to the point of only bringing in the actual 4 best teams. The format of scheduling doesn't allow for it and never could with all these leagues and teams.
Bama was deserving because they sat home and let OSu do their work for them?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....LSU and OSU lose those games, finish 12-1 as CCG winners. I'll give you Clemson winning out. Who are the 3 teams besides Clemson who get in over OSU and LSU?

and like we told you...wisky would have been better off staying home and having another team handle their business.....like Bama did.

Bama beat no ranked team higher than 16 and only 2 ranked teams all season. No matter how many times you say this it will never be true.

But keep spewing.

because he said so?

You're going backwards here, kid. You're going to have to dig deep and try harder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the gap between the best teams in the top 4 and the teams outside looking in is huge. some years there will be 1 clear cut better team some years the top 3 will be close most years there isnt need for 4 teams. the only point in expanding to 4 was to make sure 1 and 2 got in, since some years the #3 in the BCS was possibly #2 or #1 but too hard to say. That was the justification for 4 teams, it wasnt to find #4, if you dont play well enough to get in the top 4 there are usually very easy things to point at why you didnt make it in.
and here you go again making this claim. Here I go again refuting it with comments by the committee chair. How is top 4 huge difference when they said 4 and 5 were "razor thin"?

Last time you were caught here you went to the "but I only meant top 1-3 teams". Here are YOUR words once again so you can study them before you reply.....

Because the gap between the best teams in the top 4 and the teams outside looking in is huge

A little tip for you as this is where you lose yourself with your own words (and why I say I ca sit back and watch you kick your own ass)......team 4 is in the top 4. It's not just 1-3 as you claimed.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here you go again making this claim. Here I go again refuting it with comments by the committee chair. How is top 4 huge difference when they said 4 and 5 were "razor thin"?

Last time you were caught here you went to the "but I only meant top 1-3 teams". Here are YOUR words once again so you can study them before you reply.....

Because the gap between the best teams in the top 4 and the teams outside looking in is huge

A little tip for you as this is where you lose yourself with your own words (and why I say I ca sit back and watch you kick your own ass)......team 4 is in the top 4. It's not just 1-3 as you claimed.
You're digging a deep hole kid, try harder