• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, I've said for years, you could go to 32 and sooner or later one would get hot/lucky and win the whole thing. That doesn't justify that the format is somehow the best one available.

Of course an 8 seed would win at some point. I still don't want the negatives that come with expansion just so 4 more teams have a shot at what I view as a more watered down prize.

Again, the major bowls all took a BIG hit when we went from 2 to 4. They get wiped out at 8. And what we get back isn't comparable IMO.
OK and if I suggested 32 teams you might be onto something. I haven't.

why aren't you just lobbying for a vote after the reg. season to crown a champ?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be right but the same teams may also win because a four team playoff narrows the choices for top recruits down to about a dozen programs. A format where everyone controls their playoff destiny just might spread the talent around better.
The kids often go to where they think they have the best shot of making the NFL. It is 95% that, more than the perception of how likely a particular school might have a legit shot at the championship. They look at coaches and their success rate for putting kids at their slot into the league. Those are the kids not otherwise with other motives of course. Some have a school in mind, want to follow other kids from their area to a specific school, want to either stay home or go far away from it, etc. No policy will change those.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud you for going this far without just manning up and admitting your error...a sign of the irrational.

This is the def. of garbage.....
a: food waste
b : discarded or useless material

tell me which is the NFL.

Not fixated at all.....if not for you calling others stupid, retarded, etc for having a differing opinion it never would have gotten a mention from me.

I note you didn't answer the question to my example. was it correct usage of literal or not (hungry enought to eat 1000 pizzas)?
I didnt call it compost or recycling, i called it garbage

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it is simply nothing but more of the same, and IMO it waters elements of the game down I very much enjoy, why on earth would you expect for me to be in favor of it?
I don't expect for you to be in favor of it. You don't like change and would go back to the rules of the 60s if you could. and that is your right.

Fortunately, the powers that be didn't remain stagnant and evolved. will they further? we'll see.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids often go to where they think they have the best shot of making the NFL. It is 95% that, more than the perception of how likely a particular school might have a legit shot at the championship. They look at coaches and their success rate for putting kids at their slot into the league. Those are the kids not otherwise with other motives of course. Some have a school in mind, want to follow other kids from their area to a specific school, want to either stay home or go far away from it, etc. No policy will change those.

There may be greater motives than the one I'm suggesting. Still, I think recruits are much more likely to choose non traditional powers in a format where every team controls their destiny compared to a four team playoff where brand names have all of the advantages and half the sport has almost no chance at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt call it compost or recycling, i called it garbage
yep....so I ask how is the NFL food waste or discarded or useless material....the definition of garbage?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you - teams after 1-3 aren't good enough
me - but OSU at 4 won it all
you - dance, deflection, etc.
I am talking about this year, you are talking about other years.

You really dont know how to stay on topic and not move goalposts

You tried using this years "teams 4/5/6 is razor thin" quote to justify expansion to which i replied that teams 1-3 are vastly superior to 4/5/6 so because it doesnt fit your narrative you bring up past years as if somehow the rankings transcend everything space and time and means the quality of each team in said ranking is identical...

Seriously go back to your coloring books

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK and if I suggested 32 teams you might be onto something. I haven't.

why aren't you just lobbying for a vote after the reg. season to crown a champ?
:L why do you insist on taking posts that have no attacks in them and returning that condescending garbage?

Yeah, I used 32 as an example to concede that at any number the last place seed might sooner or later win and it doesn't make it better IMO.

And as to the second part, already covered it so why on earth are you harping back on it yet again? I said I was fine with the original system, but accepted a 2 team final as a compromise to address two very specific things. The BCS was the best format IMO.

More attacks and condescending rhetoric? Or are you still trying to have an actual conversation? I can go either way easily.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....so I ask how is the NFL food waste or discarded or useless material....the definition of garbage?
That isnt the entire definition of garbage. Nice try though.

Allow me to educate you, apparently google is difficult for you.

2019-12-01.png 2019-12-01 (1).png

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L why do you insist on taking posts that have no attacks in them and returning that condescending garbage?

Yeah, I used 32 as an example to concede that at any number the last place seed might sooner or later win and it doesn't make it better IMO.

And as to the second part, already covered it so why on earth are you harping back on it yet again? I said I was fine with the original system, but accepted a 2 team final as a compromise to address two very specific things. The BCS was the best format IMO.

More attacks and condescending rhetoric? Or are you still trying to have an actual conversation? I can go either way easily.
Its his rivals posting style, what do you expect. Only a handful of the rivals people adapted and are worth a shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect for you to be in favor of it. You don't like change and would go back to the rules of the 60s if you could. and that is your right.

Fortunately, the powers that be didn't remain stagnant and evolved. will they further? we'll see.
More condescension I see. Nowhere did I say I'd go back to the 60's, that's your projection and adding things not said. Not only didn't I say it, but have said recently to you I was good with the BCS. You know, something from much more modern times.

Stop putting words in others mouths and acting all high and mighty. It's not necessary.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his rivals posting style, what do you expect. Only a handful of the rivals people adapted and are worth a shit.
Naw, most of them are good most of the time. They do tend to be a little defensive of each other and a handful can be real jackasses, but then we have lots of our own jackasses.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, most of them are good most of the time. They do tend to be a little defensive of each other and a handful can be real jackasses, but then we have lots of our own jackasses.
Yea Well the 2 most vocal for expansion in this thread are both Rivals posters. I mean if you are only talking about rivals posters who frequent the College Football forums or if you are talking about the entirety of all of them that came here there are a good bit that are good and i forget they were even from rivals at times. I remember the first wave when they came over and thought winning an argument was as simple as declaring themselves a winner or by getting you to reply, that same mentality ive seen from those types has been employed throughout especially by this dtgold88 kiddo

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Well the 2 most vocal for expansion in this thread are both Rivals posters. I mean if you are only talking about rivals posters who frequent the College Football forums or if you are talking about the entirety of all of them that came here there are a good bit that are good and i forget they were even from rivals at times. I remember the first wave when they came over and thought winning an argument was as simple as declaring themselves a winner or by getting you to reply, that same mentality ive seen from those types has been employed throughout especially by this dtgold88 kiddo
Doesn't mean I won't try to limit that bullshit. At the end of the day if they want to be asses I won't stop them, but I'll call it out for what it is.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote me when i unintentionally used the word literal incorrectly. Lets start there.

Me saying the NFL is literally garbage (garbage is quite the subjective term, another mans trash is another mans treasure) isnt incorrect either.

Please, do go and quote me using it incorrectly though lets discuss this, you seem very fixated on the word literal/ly
Under there

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. A UCF/Boise St will never have an opportunity to potentially show us they're legit in a 4 team playoff, though.
If Boise State or UCF were serious and wanted to go all in, they could schedule an OOC that would make them a consideration....can't speak for UCF, but BSU by their actions clearly isn't serious about it. Over the next several years we have some credible teams in the OOC (sometimes even a couple). But for whatever reason we feel like we have to always toss in a couple cupcakes. If we threw out the USF, Marshall and Georgia Southerns and replaced them with even 3rd or 4thish conference ranked teams from the PAC, Big 12 or Big 10, combined with an up year for even 3 other MWC teams an undefeated BSU could be in the mix. For at least the next 10 years though....we will never know.