• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the best definition of the word that should help you - "free from exaggeration or embellishment"

If you need further explanation just ask.
Yes and i didnt exaggerate or embellish the value of the NFL or its "state"

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 team playoff would likely come at the expense of auto bids, which would reduce competition and teams would schedule their OOC later in the season like the SEC does now because they dont need to win those games to win the conference and make the playoffs, it would water everythign down and make it garbage

I disagree that auto bids would cause the problems you think but I actually prefer top 8 advance.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the best definition of the word that should help you - "free from exaggeration or embellishment"

If you need further explanation just ask.
Seriously kid go and quote what has you melting down over the usage

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap between #4 this year and 1-3 is Huge.

Love how rivals kiddies try to move goalposts.

Lets pretend you didnt just spew garbage all over and just say it applies to all years....
well, at least you didn't say I literally spewed garbage.

what moving the goal posts. You said teams past 3 are not good enough. I showed you a team at 4 who was, in fact, good enough.

I think what you meant to say was "my bad. Forgot about them."

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that auto bids would cause the problems you think but I actually prefer top 8 advance.
LOL in a perfect world teams would play to win them all, but when they dont need to win OOC games and they can be strategically scheduled for rest/recovery/quasi-Bye then the team knows they dont have to win, then the team can just schedule FCS OOC why bother giving the G5 a pay day

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to 4 teams watered down the impact/importance of the big bowls. What was very important and sought after prizes became consolations for not making the CFP. Even during the BCS all of those bowls were very special to the teams that reached them. That is one of the things I didn't care for going to 4.
I could understand this logic. I didn't care much about beating Washington in the Rose Bowl last year to be fair.

But I'd rather they have the CFP if it means the bowls are lessened some.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure some worthy teams have won the CFP who, under the old rules, don't even get a shot.
And again, I've said for years, you could go to 32 and sooner or later one would get hot/lucky and win the whole thing. That doesn't justify that the format is somehow the best one available.

Of course an 8 seed would win at some point. I still don't want the negatives that come with expansion just so 4 more teams have a shot at what I view as a more watered down prize.

Again, the major bowls all took a BIG hit when we went from 2 to 4. They get wiped out at 8. And what we get back isn't comparable IMO.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, at least you didn't say I literally spewed garbage.

what moving the goal posts. You said teams past 3 are not good enough. I showed you a team at 4 who was, in fact, good enough.

I think what you meant to say was "my bad. Forgot about them."
Seriously kid you have lost it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 team playoff would likely come at the expense of auto bids, which would reduce competition and teams would schedule their OOC later in the season like the SEC does now because they dont need to win those games to win the conference and make the playoffs, it would water everythign down and make it garbage
You keep saying this as though it is fact. It's not. It's baseless and you ave nothing factual to support it.

You cried earlier a question was not answered (I missed it then answered when you reposted it). Here's one you keep ignoring....

Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i am saying is there are many reasons to use human elements, you can tell when a team is behaving "normally" vs a wtf fluke game but a computer cannot see that by watching how the players execute etc

The point of each game is simply to win. Beyond that, you can't even show with the human element where such judgements made the difference or even that they are the correct judgement. Beyond that, rules don't care about such nonsense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with that though.
Again, I have a very simple way of looking at it.
If you are in a P5 you entirely have your fate in your own hands. Period. Just win. Play every game with the intensity and focus of a champion. There won't ever be an example of a 13-0 P5 team left out, no matter what those humans say in their dark dungeons.
After you lose, you also lose the right to bitch over whatever mechanism is in place to decide if you were worthy. You can only blame yourself for not winning out.
agree, but guess what....this could be true in an 8-team format as well.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying this as though it is fact. It's not. It's baseless and you ave nothing factual to support it.

You cried earlier a question was not answered (I missed it then answered when you reposted it). Here's one you keep ignoring....

Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively.
Right now there is no automatic bidding into the CFP.

LOL seriously what dont you get about automatic bids (which would most certainly come with an 8 team format)

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same teams always win because those same teams always win at recruiting. There is no amount of playoff expansion that will fix that. Kids get to choose where they want to go. In any given year there are less than 10-15 that can even attract one 5*, more or less the 2-4 that sweep up most of the blue chip players. You cannot level the playing field in college football as long as kids can select which college they want to accept offers from.

Could be right but the same teams may also win because a four team playoff narrows the choices for top recruits down to about a dozen programs. A format where everyone controls their playoff destiny just might spread the talent around better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote me when i unintentionally used the word literal incorrectly. Lets start there.

Me saying the NFL is literally garbage (garbage is quite the subjective term, another mans trash is another mans treasure) isnt incorrect either.

Please, do go and quote me using it incorrectly though lets discuss this, you seem very fixated on the word literal/ly
I applaud you for going this far without just manning up and admitting your error...a sign of the irrational.

This is the def. of garbage.....
a: food waste
b : discarded or useless material

tell me which is the NFL.

Not fixated at all.....if not for you calling others stupid, retarded, etc for having a differing opinion it never would have gotten a mention from me.

I note you didn't answer the question to my example. was it correct usage of literal or not (hungry enought to eat 1000 pizzas)?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, but guess what....this could be true in an 8-team format as well.
So if it is simply nothing but more of the same, and IMO it waters elements of the game down I very much enjoy, why on earth would you expect for me to be in favor of it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously kid go and quote what has you melting down over the usage
No melt down. Proved you don't know the correct usage. Nothing more. Also offered my assistance if you just ask for help. No charge.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In college football you need to have both elements due to the lack of same competition and having a series that actually determines a champ. (like volleyball and baseball)

But honestly it stands to reason that a team that isn't the champion of its own conference shouldn't be National Champs for starters, so that should sort of be a objective determination you'd think... But a team can also lose 4 games and still win their conference in today's landscape...

I've often said it should be an 8 game playoff with each Conference champ, plus two wildcards, plus the top NON- Power 5 team.... Seeding rules would include the conference champs being the 1-5 seeds and the wildcards and additional non-power 5 being 6-8...

To me its the perfect mix of objectivity and subjectivity.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL in a perfect world teams would play to win them all, but when they dont need to win OOC games and they can be strategically scheduled for rest/recovery/quasi-Bye then the team knows they dont have to win, then the team can just schedule FCS OOC why bother giving the G5 a pay day

You have two paths to the playoffs and you are going to completely disregard one of those paths.......plus what if homefield is awarded in the first round?