• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the difference between 4 and 5, or 8 and 9 (next iteration after going to 8 and that doesn't satisfy you) have to do with the large gap between 1 and 4, 1 and 5, or more? The farther you go away from 1, the more gap there is in talent and earned accolades.
Because they have 4 teams in if you were not aware.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals posters, ignore what is said and make things up to try and talk smack. You people havent changed.

If you cannot read and comprehend what you read that is not something i can help you with.

Does your mom know you are on the internet?
NU to English - "you got me dt, and as you can see it's not in me to own up to the mistakes I make."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did i claim that?

again the kid from rivals doesnt know how to comprehend what he reads
You said you preferred the BCS to going to 4 teams. I guess if you cannot keep up with your own blather......

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open your eyes kid, you're not trying hard enough.
You asked me a question and I didn't answer and you cried (I then answered as I just missed it). I ask you a question and you dance, deflect, distort. A sign of the irrational. But here it is again if you care to try since you said there were plenty of OOC games among the top teams.....

tell me the "top teams" LSU, OSU, Clemson, UGA, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor played OOC. Any of them play each other? who are the common opponents?

we can do a 2 for one special of your ignored direct questions. Here's another since you claimed OSU and LSU could not lose this past week and still make the CFP if they won their CCGs.....

LSU and OSU lose those games, finish 12-1 as CCG winners. I'll give you Clemson winning out. Who are the 3 teams besides Clemson who get in over OSU and LSU?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been passive aggressively snarky this whole time. Kind of funny when questions name calling or similar responses given how condescending quite a few of his posts have been really.

But then ALL Rivals posters are so smart and way way better than everyone else. Didn't you get that memo? :noidea:
snarky? No disagreement. I do try to stay away from general namecalling but that's.

I'm also rational and objective. I listen to both sides in a discussion (which is why I keep saying if you prefer 4, great). In addition, if I am asked a direct question I will always answer (if I see it).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going back to the early 1900's, and no they didn't. There wasn't any type of push for a unified champion for a couple of generations after that era.
You spoke to everyone from the early 1900s?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU to English - "you got me dt, and as you can see it's not in me to own up to the mistakes I make."

You said you preferred the BCS to going to 4 teams. I guess if you cannot keep up with your own blather......

You asked me a question and I didn't answer and you cried (I then answered as I just missed it). I ask you a question and you dance, deflect, distort. A sign of the irrational. But here it is again if you care to try since you said there were plenty of OOC games among the top teams.....

tell me the "top teams" LSU, OSU, Clemson, UGA, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor played OOC. Any of them play each other? who are the common opponents?

we can do a 2 for one special of your ignored direct questions. Here's another since you claimed OSU and LSU could not lose this past week and still make the CFP if they won their CCGs.....

LSU and OSU lose those games, finish 12-1 as CCG winners. I'll give you Clemson winning out. Who are the 3 teams besides Clemson who get in over OSU and LSU?

I find it beyond amusing how you make stuff up and put words in that other people never said.

Pro tip, having a higher preference for one thing does not mean the next item down on the list is automatically something one stands against.

Try harder kid, seriously you are going to have to try a lot harder to make up stories and get anybody to believe them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL in a perfect world teams would play to win them all, but when they dont need to win OOC games and they can be strategically scheduled for rest/recovery/quasi-Bye then the team knows they dont have to win, then the team can just schedule FCS OOC why bother giving the G5 a pay day
Damn...an LOL.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...an LOL.
Look kid, i get it, you melt at the sight of the "LOL"

It is part of my typing behavior when i am laughing at idiots.

You have lost, miserably, now you resort to trying to pick at the way i type, even that is baseless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there is no automatic bidding into the CFP.

LOL seriously what dont you get about automatic bids (which would most certainly come with an 8 team format)

direct question asked of you - "Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively?"

your answer - Right now there is no automatic bidding into the CFP.

Once again, massive deflection and ignoring direct questions is a clear sign of irrational. Want to try answering the question?

Here it is one more time (this is 3 direct questions you wont answer) posed to easily refute your "logic"....

"Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis?"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it beyond amusing how you make stuff up and put words in that other people never said.

Pro tip, having a higher preference for one thing does not mean the next item down on the list is automatically something one stands against.

Try harder kid, seriously you are going to have to try a lot harder to make up stories and get anybody to believe them.
I find it beyond amusing and why I think you might be a child that an adult would go to such lengths to avoid answering simple, direct questions.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was deserving because they sat home and let OSu do their work for them?
There isn't a post season format that everyone will 100% always agree with.

Few years back a 7-9 team in the NFL got a home game against a team with a really good record, and won. It was lame and everyone was up in arms over it. They made no changes after it.

Complain all you want about which decision you think is bad. It doesn't change that all you had to do was win and prove your team was deserving.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
direct question asked of you - "Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively?"

your answer - Right now there is no automatic bidding into the CFP.

Once again, massive deflection and ignoring direct questions is a clear sign of irrational. Want to try answering the question?

Here it is one more time (this is 3 direct questions you wont answer) posed to easily refute your "logic"....

"Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis?"
You are not addressing the argument, the argument is that with automatic bids teams will not care about OOC opponents. You fail yet again

Reading comprehension would go a long way at helping you try harder kid

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it beyond amusing and why I think you might be a child that an adult would go to such lengths to avoid answering simple, direct questions.
You have not asked a direct question, every time you put forward something it is out of context retardation.

Keep trying kid, try a lot harder

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have 4 teams in if you were not aware.
Another crass answer. If this is the way you want it, I'll give it back to you that way. Choice is yours.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids often go to where they think they have the best shot of making the NFL. It is 95% that, more than the perception of how likely a particular school might have a legit shot at the championship. They look at coaches and their success rate for putting kids at their slot into the league. Those are the kids not otherwise with other motives of course. Some have a school in mind, want to follow other kids from their area to a specific school, want to either stay home or go far away from it, etc. No policy will change those.
This is true, but one good way to get to the NFL is exposure. More teams in playoffs would mean more chance for exposure. And perhaps these kids broaden their horizons if they knew they'd have a better shot at a CFP opportunity. Especially knowing at some of the lesser schools they also have a better chance to start sooner (which is also what they want....a chance to play).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spoke to everyone from the early 1900s?
I've been a fan of college football for more than 40 years. I've studied the history and read quite a few books over the years. Couldn't get enough of it when I was younger.

You don't have to have been in an era to read what folks from that generation were thinking.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your true colors are showing, this is all about your g5 teams, who don't schedule ooc to even have a right to complain

I want rules for all teams and i do not ultimately care if a G5 makes the playoffs. I simply think they are entitled to play by fair rules that spell out what it takes to make the playoffs and those rules can compel challenging schedules.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be greater motives than the one I'm suggesting. Still, I think recruits are much more likely to choose non traditional powers in a format where every team controls their destiny compared to a four team playoff where brand names have all of the advantages and half the sport has almost no chance at all.
Very true...especially as they might have a better chance to play and play sooner for other teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about this year, you are talking about other years.

You really dont know how to stay on topic and not move goalposts

You tried using this years "teams 4/5/6 is razor thin" quote to justify expansion to which i replied that teams 1-3 are vastly superior to 4/5/6 so because it doesnt fit your narrative you bring up past years as if somehow the rankings transcend everything space and time and means the quality of each team in said ranking is identical...

Seriously go back to your coloring books
here's a flash...this year is still going on. We have no idea which team will win it all.

did you really not know this?