• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claim all games matter today. I asked how that is the case if OSU losing to UM and LSU losing to TAM would not have prevented them from getting into the CFP if they won CCGs.

You claimed they would not have gotten in so I asked who gets in ahead of them in this scenario. Still no answer.

I also asked you which meaning of garbage correlates to an exact meaning of the NFL (which would be a definition of the word, literal). No answer

And here is the latest that was asked earlier as well....You think if top 4 seeds earn home field in round 1 this is not something teams would make sure they earned if they could? This is asked since you claim top teams wont try in their OOC matchups
Those teams did not lose.... hypothetical garbage yet again. You havent tried hard enough to be worthy of actual responses.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read 23 pages but, I think I get the "committee" thing.

I will use criminal law ad the example as it has similarities (and I am familiar with it).

Look at the way most criminal law is written. There is not a lot of specificity in most laws because they have to be written to address an endless amount of possibilities. It is then up the the Criminal Justice system (police, lawyers and judges) to make sure the law is properly applied to the given situation. Most laws have an open ended criteria that must be met before the law can be applied and the application of that criteria may vary depending on the specifics of the case. Depending on the incident some criteria may be more important than others.

The Committee's job is not much different from a cop on the street and a lawyer reviewing the case. The Committee looks at the situation and applies what it thinks is the most appropriate criteria to the specifics of the "case" of who should be present in the CFP.

I only have two real issues with this.

1) There seems to be little to no attention played to precedent.

2) There also seems to be no judicial oversight to assure a fair process.
Excellent analogy....and my biggest issue has always been your #1 at the end. Really just seems like they pick the 4 teams they want and design their narrative AFTER they pick the teams.

If they want to stay at 4? so be it...just find a better way for the teams/schools/fans to their "rules".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have addressed this, i even took a screenshot of websters dictionary to help enlighten you. Garbage contains the subset of trash, to which trash can mean a team, a person or just about anything.

Proving yet again you do not know how to read, then respond.

Kid just give up, i am not going to encourage this ridiculous behavior, you should be studying in school, not typing on forums.
Ok...tell me the specific definition that would apply "literally" to the NFL. you showed, what, 4-6 definitions? Shouldn't be tough. Just pick one you like best. Hell, you can use a lifeline and ask your buddy to help if you want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to ignore more.

the top 4 teams wont need home field advantage for 1. 2) you are going off hypothetical criteria.

there is no home field advantage in the post season now, what leads you to believe that would change by including 4 additional teams into the playoff ? when they did the CFP they just took 2 of the NY6 bowl games and made them the semifinals (to rotate yearly)

You have no leg to stand on, yet again. Just give up kid, you cannot win this when the actual facts and logic are against you.

We have the NFL to look at for the playoffs making games not matter, we have current CFP to show that there is no home field, there are bowl games used as semifinals, we also have everyone and their mom against more risk of injury by adding additional games to support a quarterfinal round. The deck is stacked against you
This is all hypothetical as again if you weren't aware there is no 8 teamer yet. But excellent deflection once again.

But IF this were the rules do you think teams would want to be a top 4 seed? A simple yes or no would suffice. If too much for you, go with Y or N.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams did not lose.... hypothetical garbage yet again. You havent tried hard enough to be worthy of actual responses.
Most of this discussion is hypothetical...you are topnotch when it comes to deflection. If you didn't care about hypotheticals why partake so long in a discussion about an 8 team playoff? It's just hypothetical.

Just another example of me saying I could just sit back and watch you kick your own ass.

But since you insist.....Bama DID lose to Auburn in the year we discussed. Did that game matter or did Bama still get into the CFP? And I'm not picking on bama....OSu lost to PSU in 2016. did that game matter or did they still get in?

Deflect away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a post season format that everyone will 100% always agree with.

Few years back a 7-9 team in the NFL got a home game against a team with a really good record, and won. It was lame and everyone was up in arms over it. They made no changes after it.

Complain all you want about which decision you think is bad. It doesn't change that all you had to do was win and prove your team was deserving.
No doubt...Know why they didn't make changes? Because it was a rare occurrence and everyone knew the rules. as it stands, we don't have any rules.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent analogy....and my biggest issue has always been your #1 at the end. Really just seems like they pick the 4 teams they want and design their narrative AFTER they pick the teams.

If they want to stay at 4? so be it...just find a better way for the teams/schools/fans to their "rules".

What year did they "design their own narrative" of the top 4 teams? I've agreed with their top 4 (maybe not the order) every single year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not addressing the argument, the argument is that with automatic bids teams will not care about OOC opponents. You fail yet again

Reading comprehension would go a long way at helping you try harder kid
and yet another. You claimed so many teams are scheduling lesser opponents but cannot name even one team to answer this question......

"Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively?"

Not gonna be able to use the hypothetical deflection this time. Cannot even come up with 1 team out of 128? I can name a few that seem to be scheduling tougher most years when it comes to their future scheduling - OSU, UF and Bama

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year did they "design their own narrative" of the top 4 teams? I've agreed with their top 4 (maybe not the order) every single year.
what year didn't they? They have new "rules" every year and we don't know what they are until AFTER they pick.

One year it's conference champs (OSU in 2014 and I guess MSU in 2015). Another it's less losses (OSU to their benefit in 2016). In 2017 is was best loss (Bama in 2017)

I'm not saying these choices were not justified. They all could be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, Oregon, Florida St and Ohio St (these were all most correct choices, Baylor and TCU had a very weak OOC and no CCG)

Clemson, Alabama, Michigan St, Oklahoma (these were all the most correct choices. Oklahoma had 5 ranked wins and got a #4 seed. 5 and 6 didn't have a chance. Michigan St won their conference with one loss, beat Ohio St and had 4 ranked wins)

Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Ohio St (again, these were all the most correct choices. Ohio St won their CCG. Lost head to head against Penn St but they had a CCG and one loss)

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama (again, these were all the most correct choices. Wisconsin? Lost a CCG to Ohio St who also didn't get into the playoff bc of two losses, you could put Wisky in and they were 5 and 6. Georgia had one loss but a very strong resume.)

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma (this is the only year you could say that a team wasn't a top 4 team and that is Notre Dame BUT they were undefeated lol)

So to sum up, out of 5 years of the CFP, their was one team that probably didn't belong but they were undefeated and deserved to be in. Seems like this 4 team CFP and this committee is doing just fine.

If they were to move to a 8 team playoff in 4-5 years, people would bitch about the 7 or 8 seeds and it would be even more tough to put teams in those spots than the #4. You can try to add other aspects like winning a CCG for 5 spots and make bye weeks for the top seeds but all that shit just makes things more complicated and the conference champions idea is just ridiculous. An 8 team playoff is an awful idea, they are doing just fine.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just seems like they pick the 4 teams they want and design their narrative AFTER they pick the teams.

Agreed. Their reasoning for the picks always seem to justify their picks rather than explain them. For the most part they have simply ignored precedent and the teams competing really only know one thing, go undefeated (and there may come a time when that is not enough) unless you are a G5 team.

I also think you can't have #1 without #2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what year didn't they? They have new "rules" every year and we don't know what they are until AFTER they pick.

One year it's conference champs (OSU in 2014 and I guess MSU in 2015). Another it's less losses (OSU to their benefit in 2016). In 2017 is was best loss (Bama in 2017)

I'm not saying these choices were not justified. They all could be.

But were those teams deserving? Look at the 5 and 6 ranked teams that year...they didn't belong. You are thinking about it too hard, at the time those were the MOST CORRECT choices. Nothing is perfect but the committee has done about as good as they could do through 5 years.

So you would let Penn St in over Ohio St with one more loss and a fluke blocked FG would get them in? Like I said, what year did they get it wrong? You can't say they got it wrong, you could literally question every year if you really wanted to...but you would be more wrong than the committee

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You move to 8 and it will be a disaster. Do you think their logic will be better picking between 2 to 3 loss teams? lol. There will be even more bitching.

It's sad that some people cant enjoy a good thing and they always want more.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...tell me the specific definition that would apply "literally" to the NFL. you showed, what, 4-6 definitions? Shouldn't be tough. Just pick one you like best. Hell, you can use a lifeline and ask your buddy to help if you want.
Nope i did not show 4-6 definitions i showed 1, trash was part of the definition of garbage. I have already answered this, you are too stupid to be helped.

Rivals logic strikes again, this time in the form of "shout em down" LMFAO at your stupidity

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet another. You claimed so many teams are scheduling lesser opponents but cannot name even one team to answer this question......

"Which teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP on a consistent basis. I can think of a few who are usually scheduling more aggressively?"

Not gonna be able to use the hypothetical deflection this time. Cannot even come up with 1 team out of 128? I can name a few that seem to be scheduling tougher most years when it comes to their future scheduling - OSU, UF and Bama
Why are you asking what teams are scheduling worse now than they did before the CFP? What path of logic does this follow that it has any business being answered. Right now with the CFP there is no auto-bid therefore your question/argument is invalid.

You have been answered multiple times on this and in multiple different ways and wording, you have yet to understand. That is your inability to comprehend, not my ability to convey a point.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this discussion is hypothetical...you are topnotch when it comes to deflection. If you didn't care about hypotheticals why partake so long in a discussion about an 8 team playoff? It's just hypothetical.

Just another example of me saying I could just sit back and watch you kick your own ass.

But since you insist.....Bama DID lose to Auburn in the year we discussed. Did that game matter or did Bama still get into the CFP? And I'm not picking on bama....OSu lost to PSU in 2016. did that game matter or did they still get in?

Deflect away.
How have I been deflecting? If anybody is guilty of deflection, it is you, with putting in assumptions and words into others arguments.

Perfect example you keep asking about teams in a 4 team playoff playing harder/weaker schedules, i have never made the argument that teams in a 4 team playoff would schedule weaker because of it. You keep deflecting when faced with the fact auto-bids means that your OOC can be weak as fuck, and you dont even have to win them so long as you win your conference and you get in. Now that is not hypothetical it is just a plain fact if conference champs get in automatically from the p5 there is no incentive to play tough, or tough teams.

My argument lies in reality and facts, yours is based off moving goal posts, and changing peoples words around to fit your narrative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But were those teams deserving? Look at the 5 and 6 ranked teams that year...they didn't belong. You are thinking about it too hard, at the time those were the MOST CORRECT choices. Nothing is perfect but the committee has done about as good as they could do through 5 years.

So you would let Penn St in over Ohio St with one more loss and a fluke blocked FG would get them in? Like I said, what year did they get it wrong? You can't say they got it wrong, you could literally question every year if you really wanted to...but you would be more wrong than the committee
Most deserving? Not sure. A case also could have been made for Baylor and TCU in 2014, for instance.

I never said they got it wrong. You are thinking about my comment too much, my friend. It's pretty much a fact and not debatable. They do not tell us their narrative until AFTER the final selection.

would I have chosen PSU over OSU in 2016? Nope. But if they felt CCG winners should get in over a non-winner and a team that beat the non-winner? Couldn't really disagree with that logic either.

Here's a hypothetical, which hopefully wont frighten you as it has a certain poster.......

Clemson, UGA, Wisky, Oklahoma and Utah win CCGs. Other than Clemson and UGA who is in?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You move to 8 and it will be a disaster. Do you think their logic will be better picking between 2 to 3 loss teams? lol. There will be even more bitching.

It's sad that some people cant enjoy a good thing and they always want more.
who says I don't enjoy it? I enjoyed CFB even before the BCS. Doesn't mean I didn't think improvements could help.

Many said going to 4 would be a disaster, as well.