• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again that was in response to you, it wasnt a statement it was a reply using the words you attempted to put in my mouth. I had fun because after thinking about you were wrong about that too, not just that i had said it but that the application of the word literal to the nfl being garbage was somehow incorrect.

I have quoted the original statement and your original argument. You are wrong, yet again.
you even doubled down claiming "Me saying the NFL is literally garbage (garbage is quite the subjective term, another mans trash is another mans treasure) isnt incorrect either.

In fact, it is incorrect.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 537

Apology accepted...and that was you doubling down on it.
Nope i showed you the original statement, show me where it backs up your claim? How can i double down if i never originally stated it.

Seriously you are only digging yourself into a bigger hole.

First i have proven that the word garbage can apply to the NFL as a whole and not be a figurative statement.

Second i have proven that i never originally stated that.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you even doubled down claiming "Me saying the NFL is literally garbage (garbage is quite the subjective term, another mans trash is another mans treasure) isnt incorrect either.

In fact, it is incorrect.
Because i never said it in the first place, find it in your original claim and quote, you cannot and wont be able to. The only one doubling down on being incorrect here is you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO it actually is garbage, would be hard to be anything else. It belongs in a landfill. Literally
Here's another where you screwed it up. You are pure comedy. Tell me how you are putting the NFL in a landfill.....literally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in favor of 2 because of the issues with BYU in '84 and the split title in '91, both of which impacted my team. Yes, I'm old enough that I was a part of the debates over BYU at the time. I would have been fine if they kept it the way it was pre BCS, but accepted that very narrow addition to unify the champion and at least ensure they had to play one nationally recognised team before being handed it. It was a change, and one I was ok with. There was no need to go to 4. It didn't fix anything IMO.
does this mean when BYU is team 5 or 6 you'll then want 8?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another where you screwed it up. You are pure comedy. Tell me how you are putting the NFL in a landfill.....literally.
It belongs in a landfill literally.

Again me playing with the word correctly to keep you melting.

Where did i say i was putting the NFL in the landfill?

Again you are the one who cannot properly comprehend and understand the meaning of words

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because i never said it in the first place, find it in your original claim and quote, you cannot and wont be able to. The only one doubling down on being incorrect here is you.
You said it.....but even if you think you didn't (and you did) you then said IF you did it was correct. Also said the NFL belongs in a landfill....literally.

Once again if I say I am so hungry I could literally eat 1000 pizzas did I use the word, literally, correctly?

A) yes
B) no

Andswer A, B, yes or no

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It belongs in a landfill literally.

Again me playing with the word correctly to keep you melting.

Where did i say i was putting the NFL in the landfill?

Again you are the one who cannot properly comprehend and understand the meaning of words
Again I thank you. You just manning up from the beginning and saying, "my bad...of course the NFL is not literally garbage" would have made me lose out on the free comedy yo provided.

If it belongs in a landfill, literally, you must think it could be placed into a landfill. That's how we use the word correctly. what you mean to say is figuratively. You are welcome.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it.....but even if you think you didn't (and you did) you then said IF you did it was correct. Also said the NFL belongs in a landfill....literally.

Once again if I say I am so hungry I could literally eat 1000 pizzas did I use the word, literally, correctly?

A) yes
B) no

Andswer A, B, yes or no

Listen here kid, i posted the original statement i made, nowhere in that original statement does it say the nfl is literal garbage or that it is garbage literally. you were wrong, i even told you this yesterday that i never said that but you ignored it, after a bit i started playing with you, i am still right even when i was messing with you i was right and you were wrong.

Once again i didnt make the claim about pizza

Even in your incorrect claim saying "the nfl is garbage literally" it still isnt improper use as the definition of garbage is directly applicable and not needed to be figurative. I gave you the full definition of garbage from websters and you still couldnt understand it.

You tried to play the intellectual superior when in reality the entire time you were wrong from the start

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I thank you. You just manning up from the beginning and saying, "my bad...of course the NFL is not literally garbage" would have made me lose out on the free comedy yo provided.

If it belongs in a landfill, literally, you must think it could be placed into a landfill. That's how we use the word correctly. what you mean to say is figuratively. You are welcome.

No clearly you dont understand the point then. When you have 130 teams if you put them in a tournament the best team is far from likely to win the tournament when it is only played in 1 and done games.

We dont need to expand the playoffs because it will dilute it to garbage (like the fcs and nfl)

Statistics prove my point, it is a literal fact
Post # 267

you also should learn how to use the term, "literal", correctly.
Post #278

Please find where i used the word literal or literally incorrectly here.

after a few pages i decided to play along i can even find a quote of me suggesting you quote it when i was just ignoring your ignorance.

you are doubling down on being incorrect

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen here kid, i posted the original statement i made, nowhere in that original statement does it say the nfl is literal garbage or that it is garbage literally. you were wrong, i even told you this yesterday that i never said that but you ignored it, after a bit i started playing with you, i am still right even when i was messing with you i was right and you were wrong.

Once again i didnt make the claim about pizza

Even in your incorrect claim saying "the nfl is garbage literally" it still isnt improper use as the definition of garbage is directly applicable and not needed to be figurative. I gave you the full definition of garbage from websters and you still couldnt understand it.

You tried to play the intellectual superior when in reality the entire time you were wrong from the start
Oh my. I made the pizza comment just seeing if you knew how to use the word, literal, correctly. Here goes one more time....

I am starving and could literally eat 1000 pizzas. Did I use "literally" correctly?

A) yes
B) no

answer a, b, yes, no.

And, yes, even in the full definition of garbage not one can be used to "literally" describe the NFL.

I'm so glad you are done arguing even though you will continue to argue with me. Irrational, emotional and no self control? Not a good combo for you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post # 267

Post #278

Please find where i used the word literal or literally incorrectly here.

after a few pages i decided to play along i can even find a quote of me suggesting you quote it when i was just ignoring your ignorance.

you are doubling down on being incorrect
NFL is literally garbage or belongs in a landfill, literally, is the incorrect usage.

Me saying you literally do not know how to use the word, literally, is the correct usage.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my. I made the pizza comment just seeing if you knew how to use the word, literal, correctly. Here goes one more time....

I am starving and could literally eat 1000 pizzas. Did I use "literally" correctly?

A) yes
B) no

answer a, b, yes, no.

And, yes, even in the full definition of garbage not one can be used to "literally" describe the NFL.

I'm so glad you are done arguing even though you will continue to argue with me. Irrational, emotional and no self control? Not a good combo for you.
Could you eat 1000 pizzas, yes depending on the size of the "pizza" you most certainly could.

You do not understand the full definition of garbage then, i have already pointed it out, it is your job to go back and read, like you should have when i suggested it yesterday.

Let me guess you thought i was just trying to get you to do more work, it has to be rough sounding out all these words, i am sure your lips get tired of reading.

again Try and find where i used the word wrong my post that you quoted originally is given (#267) to your post (#278)

Lets go, i asked you to do this yesterday prior to my playing along with your incorrect statements so lets see it

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is literally garbage or belongs in a landfill, literally, is the incorrect usage.

Me saying you literally do not know how to use the word, literally, is the correct usage.
Ah but you would be wrong in your assertion that i dont know how to use it, and you would be wrong that it is wrong. as the NFL is not figuratively garbage by the very definition of garbage i have given you already.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this mean when BYU is team 5 or 6 you'll then want 8?
You are just trolling me now.

The BCS did the two things it was asked to do: make sure whoever got the title played at least one guaranteed top team, and gave a unified title.

We have 4 now and I don't care who is in or who is out. I won't ever cry or give two shits who was 4th (and in) or 5th (and out).

I'll say it again. Every team left out has only themselves to blame. Period. That includes mid majors. Schedule better, win out, or you risk not being in.

I don't care if it was bama when they failed to reach their ccg. 5th place shouldn't have had a bad loss. It's on them.

I really don't find this that complicated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you eat 1000 pizzas, yes depending on the size of the "pizza" you most certainly could.

You do not understand the full definition of garbage then, i have already pointed it out, it is your job to go back and read, like you should have when i suggested it yesterday.

Let me guess you thought i was just trying to get you to do more work, it has to be rough sounding out all these words, i am sure your lips get tired of reading.

again Try and find where i used the word wrong my post that you quoted originally is given (#267) to your post (#278)

Lets go, i asked you to do this yesterday prior to my playing along with your incorrect statements so lets see it
I could not eat 1000 pizzas.

I told you to pick any of the definitions of garbage YOU provided

At this point I need to ask what would happen if you just owned up to your mistake? Must be something awful the lengths you are going not to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah but you would be wrong in your assertion that i dont know how to use it, and you would be wrong that it is wrong. as the NFL is not figuratively garbage by the very definition of garbage i have given you already.
please keep going if you want. Free comedy.

and keep arguing when you say you are done arguing.

Irrational, emotional and no self control is no way to go through life son.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The BCS did the two things it was asked to do: make sure whoever got the title played at least one guaranteed top team, and gave a unified title.

We have 4 now and I don't care who is in or who is out. I won't ever cry or give two shits who was 4th (and in) or 5th (and out).

I'll say it again. Every team left out has only themselves to blame. Period. That includes mid majors. Schedule better, win out, or you risk not being in.

I don't care if it was bama when they failed to reach their ccg. 5th place shouldn't have had a bad loss. It's on them.

You were the one who said only after the system hurt your team did you want to see a change (FTR, while I didn't think your team was the best I did think they deserved the #1 ranking in 84). So I wonder if BYU is shafted again if you'll want change again.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not eat 1000 pizzas.

I told you to pick any of the definitions of garbage YOU provided

At this point I need to ask what would happen if you just owned up to your mistake? Must be something awful the lengths you are going not to.
you didnt define how large the pizza was, if it was microscopic and 1000 pizzas fit into a thimble you most certainly could eat 1000 pizzas.

This is why it isnt fun to pick on you anymore, you cant comprehend due to your mental disability

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if teams have no one to blame for losses that had they avoided, they would be playoff locks, who gets the opportunity to advance should still be determined as a matter of rule. Rules can compel teams to play schedules that provide a larger margin of error and those teams should be rewarded even if they happen to lose a game. Also, simply telling G5 teams to schedule better doesn't tell them what better is or when it is enough nor does it give the teams they need to play an incentive to schedule them. Just because teams lose doesn't mean those teams should have their fate determined by poor method.