• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before and verifiably proven the Bears OL is fine

Its not good. Itz not bad. Its wholly and unequivocally average

The reason Justin gets sacked so much is 3 fold

1. His processing is fucking awful. Hes probably the slowest QB on the league at getting through his reads

2. His presnap ability to read a defense is nonexistent which compounds his slow progressions because he doesnt even know which read to start with based on the presnap look

3. His eyes suck. He's looking in the wrong place all the time. All the time. Every time. And that's when he actually tries to keep his eyes downfield which is rare ( although it's less rare this year which actually has been worse )

At least last year when he couldn't read a D and held the ball too long he'd run after his first read wasnt open. Sure he still couldn't play QB but he would at least make plays with his feet

Right now he's eschewing the one thing he does well in favor of trying to do the things he can't do at all
Yer preaching to the choir, homes.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this supposed to be a PM?
80ygp5.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediots are pushing Fields to Atlanta.

I would take a 2nd rounder. Fields is done at the end of this season anyway. Move him to Atl and have 2 firsts and 2 2nds to get a QB and some big boys.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to the average poster here? Yes. But that's not saying much. I mean there's a guy here that thinks Bagent isn't being played because he's white.

And then there's you.

Kurter Warner, Dan Orlovsky, and other ex-NFL QBs made videos this past week detailing how the system and coaching is failing Fields in a big way.

And that leaves me with a problem. Do I dare listen to guys who played in the NFL...even one that won a SB and made the Hall of Fame. Or do I listen to you or a twitter user that goes by the name of AssEater69xx?

It's a hard decision.

Let's just nevermind the fact that I have, on countless occasions, said that Fields hasn't been anywhere near good enough and needs to improve massively.

Here's a mind blowing idea. Maybe Fields sucks and maybe the other players around him suck too. Holy shit...could both actually be true at the same time?

If we are going apples to apples and comparing their 3rd year in the league then you're definitely wrong.

Mitch started 15 games and had 17 touchdowns with 10 picks and 3100 yards. He had Monty, Cohen, Patterson, Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Burton, your old crush Javon Wims.

Right now, sadly, Fields is on pace to just about match those production numbers with more picks and he has a supporting cast about equal to what Trubisky had. Slightly better receivers with a slightly worse backfield. Both have terrible offensive lines.

The biggest difference between the 2019 Bears and the 2023 Bears is the defense. In 2019 they were 4th in points surrendered. Through 3 weeks they are currently 31st.

It's a dumb argument anyways because Fields should be light years ahead of Mitch by now. That was the expectation and it's a huge failure that he isn't. He shares a huge part of that blame. But there's other blame to go around. Not sure why saying that is suddenly taboo. And also not sure why anyone thinks a D2 raw project that completed 9 preseason passes is going to suddenly overcome all the obstacles in the way for ANY QB that takes a snap under center for this organization.
In my experience, a person who has this long of a response to an internet argument suggests he or she does not use his or her time wisely. That would further suggest that they are stupid. I don’t even need to read the post to realize that. Find a hobby or get a job, depending on your age.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediots are pushing Fields to Atlanta.

I would take a 2nd rounder. Fields is done at the end of this season anyway. Move him to Atl and have 2 firsts and 2 2nds to get a QB and some big boys.
If anyone offers a 2nd for fields, I’ll pay for his cab ride to the airport.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone offers a 2nd for fields, I’ll pay for his cab ride to the airport.

Right after I clicked submit I was like "COULD we get a 2nd rounder?" So you may be on to something.

I doubt they'd move him for much less though...So probably not going to happen.

But yes...A 2nd rounder would be good enough for me to not even think twice. It's obvious this ship is sailing and we just need to start over...again.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as JF has been this year,Bears wont get a 2nd for him......the very best would be a 4th and I would be ecstatic.
If Atl has a top 10 pick,theyll be trading down a little to draft a qb rather than havd our headache of a qb........
This years draft is deep in qbs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could package Fields up with Claypool and get a 1st!!!

I know you're just being an ass...but we are getting absolutely nothing for Claypool.

He will be waived.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, a person who has this long of a response to an internet argument suggests he or she does not use his or her time wisely.

I don't think you truly understand the point of a message board works. Is it your ADHD that complicates it for you? I can try to keep my responses more concise if that's the problem.
That would further suggest that they are stupid.

The person that typed this thinks the salvation of the Bears franchise lies in the hands of a freshman college QB that has yet to take a college snap.
Find a hobby or get a job, depending on your age.

I have lots of hobbies and I'm retired.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon baby I got a bag of Cheetos for Fields!!

Would think about throwing in Stetson after cocaine rehab as well.

Mcvay and Fields

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you truly understand the point of a message board works. Is it your ADHD that complicates it for you? I can try to keep my responses more concise if that's the problem.

The person that typed this thinks the salvation of the Bears franchise lies in the hands of a freshman college QB that has yet to take a college snap.

I have lots of hobbies and I'm retired.
You sound like you’re a child.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Looks like it might be a possibility now.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Steelers are making a run for Fields.
I heard Atlanta was in play as well. I wonder if Chicago could get Pitts first rounder if they get a bidding war going

Status
Not open for further replies.