• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, the more someone has to tell everyone how smart they are, usually means they're dumb af.

I'm not even claiming to be smart. Just smarter than you. And again...not bragging because it's not an accomplishment.
LOFL at cherry-picking Dan fucking Orlovsky. Now post all the names of players that say he's done, and likely will never get it, since he's missing highschool skill-level reads on a consistent basis.

Almost everyone that reviewed Sundays game came away with the feeling that Fields played better than he did the past two weeks and got no help from scheme or coaching. That's the overwhelming consensus.

And again....he wasn't good. Not by any metric.
Fields has waaay more talent around him on Offense. Now defense? Sure, we are way worse on D. That I'll give ya.

Way more talent where though? Trubisky's backfield was better, probably. Claypool and Mooney are more talented on paper than Miller and Gabriel but have never really shown it much on the field. Cole Kmet should be better than Burton but production wise....he isn't.
Fields will not finish the season.

If he gets hurt he won't. Otherwise....are we expecting a practice squad player that can't even jump over Nathan Peterman to take the reigns?
Let's make a friendly wager. If and when Bagent takes the field, if the offense suddenly looks half-competent, you'll fuck off FOREVER. If they don't, I will. Shake on it?

Define half competent. What metrics need to be met and what's the baseline we are looking at?

And no one needs to fuck off. This board needs contributors. I welcome your assinine stupidity with open arms. I'd rather do an avatar or signature line bet.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even claiming to be smart. Just smarter than you. And again...not bragging because it's not an accomplishment.

Almost everyone that reviewed Sundays game came away with the feeling that Fields played better than he did the past two weeks and got no help from scheme or coaching. That's the overwhelming consensus.

And again....he wasn't good. Not by any metric.

Way more talent where though? Trubisky's backfield was better, probably. Claypool and Mooney are more talented on paper than Miller and Gabriel but have never really shown it much on the field. Cole Kmet should be better than Burton but production wise....he isn't.

If he gets hurt he won't. Otherwise....are we expecting a practice squad player that can't even jump over Nathan Peterman to take the reigns?

Define half competent. What metrics need to be met and what's the baseline we are looking at?

And no one needs to fuck off. This board needs contributors. I welcome your assinine stupidity with open arms. I'd rather do an avatar or signature line bet.
He made what 4 decent throws as opposed to 2? And he ran once, instead of nonce? lol

He threw for under 100 yards. The kid-gloves with this kid, especially from the media, makes all of this even more frustrating. They were ready to hang Trubisky at this point.

Can't say the coaches are fucking stupid, and then use a depth chart to make a point. (Many times, depth is monetarily-influenced and political as much as anything, especially at QB. ("Peterman knows the system...more invested in him...blah blah)

I don't need to bet, just tired of the posturing. Just eat the crow when it's served, and/or I'll do the same.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make a friendly wager. If and when Bagent takes the field, if the offense suddenly looks half-competent, you'll fuck off FOREVER. If they don't, I will. Shake on it?

Tyson Bagent's last 2 playoff games, in Division 2, his team lost 44-13 and 55-7.

That means when he actually went up against a good DIVISION 2 team with his season on the line...He dropped 20 points in two games and lost by a combined score of 99-20.

He got sacked 11 times in those two games too.

This is the guy you want to say is going to save the Chicago Bears?

Dude can't even compete...Not Beat...but COMPETE with a half-competent Division 2 football team.

I mean it could be anyf*ckingbody and I know you'd be pushing for them...But gimme a break. At least take the common route of "well, it's already bad so why not?" To actually think Bagent is going to thrive? There's absolutely zero reason to think so.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Bagent's last 2 playoff games, in Division 2, his team lost 44-13 and 55-7.

That means when he actually went up against a good DIVISION 2 team with his season on the line...He dropped 20 points in two games and lost by a combined score of 99-20.

Dude can't even compete...Not Beat...but COMPETE with a half-competent Division 2 football team.

I mean it could be anyf*ckingbody and I know you'd be pushing for them...But gimme a break. At least take the common route of "well, it's already bad so why not?" To actually think Bagent is going to thrive? There's absolutely zero reason to think so.

I swear to god of BD's response to this is "Well it's not just the quarterback"

*chef's kiss* irony

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made what 4 decent throws as opposed to 2? And he ran once, instead of nonce? lol

He threw for under 100 yards. The kid-gloves with this kid, especially from the media, makes all of this even more frustrating. They were ready to hang Trubisky at this point.

Designed runs are a coaches decisions.

He's being torn apart by the media...wtf are you even talking about? And Trubisky had the same excuses being made for him by a lot of people. This is no different.
Can't say the coaches are fucking stupid, and then use a depth chart to make a point. (Many times, depth is monetarily-influenced and political as much as anything, especially at QB. ("Peterman knows the system...more invested in him...blah blah)

Nathan Peterman's contract is 1.08 million this year. Bagent's is 750K. You're right...the Bears have Peterman ahead of Bagent to save face over that 250K.

For fucks sake.
I don't need to bet, just tired of the posturing. Just eat the crow when it's served, and/or I'll do the same.

I have no problem saying I'm wrong when I'm wrong. I've been wrong a lot about a lot of things.

And as far as what metric? EYEBALLS

Too subjective and I think you're overdue for a trip to Lens Crafters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've already stated that, duh. Follow along.

Any QB that will trust his reads and receivers and GET RID OF THE FUCKING BALL, will have more success than Fields right now. Blame the team, scheme and coaches all ya want, fact is, no one could ever tell with Fields back there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Designed runs are a coaches decisions.

He's being torn apart by the media...wtf are you even talking about? And Trubisky had the same excuses being made for him by a lot of people. This is no different.

Nathan Peterman's contract is 1.08 million this year. Bagent's is 750K. You're right...the Bears have Peterman ahead of Bagent to save face over that 250K.

For fucks sake.

I have no problem saying I'm wrong when I'm wrong. I've been wrong a lot about a lot of things.

Too subjective and I think you're overdue for a trip to Lens Crafters.
I couldn't care less about designed runs. His success has never really been off designed runs.

NOW, he's being torn apart, and rightfully so. He's sucking ass, even moreso than last year, and last year....wait for it...he fucking sucked.

Ignore the politics part. The Bears are as oldschool as it gets and Peterman has tenure. Bears are also notoriously cheap as well.

Ya, you and BS are super famous for acknowledging when you're wrong. :rolleyes2:

The eyeball test and sniff test is all that matters. The rest is hubris.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-22

How long until it makes sense to try something different?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the team, scheme and coaches all ya want, fact is, no one could ever tell with Fields back there.

Weird because when the scheme last year was altered from around the time of the Patriots game and after.....and Fields was on the move more.....the offense suddently scored more points.

Coaches should design schemes that utilize the skills the players have. Right now the Bears are running a bland offense the defense sees coming from a mile away. You literally have opposing players telling the media they know what play is coming at them. And Getsy spent an offseason showing Fields Aaron Rodgers film telling him this is the guy you need to be. Made him change his prestance snap foot placement to mirror Rodgers. Had him incorporate a hop on his backdrop similar to Rodgers.

Bad coaching plays a role. Whether you like it or not.
Ignore the politics part. The Bears are as oldschool as it gets and Peterman has tenure. Bears are also notoriously cheap as well.

Trubisky had tenure. He got replaced. Mike Glennon got paid a ton and they had no problem putting Trubisky out there in front of him. Two years ago they sat the tenured Dalton to play Fields.

Just admit you're talking out of your ass.

Poles has cut guys this year that the team still owes millions to in Leatherwood and a few others. This isn't a money thing. Don't try to make it one. Spin your wheels harder and make something else up.
The eyeball test and sniff test is all that matters. The rest is hubris.

You couldn't smell shit if it was right under your nose because you're oblivious.

The ole meatball "eye test" is horseshit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird because when the scheme last year was altered from around the time of the Patriots game and after.....and Fields was on the move more.....the offense suddently scored more points.

Coaches should design schemes that utilize the skills the players have. Right now the Bears are running a bland offense the defense sees coming from a mile away. You literally have opposing players telling the media they know what play is coming at them. And Getsy spent an offseason showing Fields Aaron Rodgers film telling him this is the guy you need to be. Made him change his prestance snap foot placement to mirror Rodgers. Had him incorporate a hop on his backdrop similar to Rodgers.

Bad coaching plays a role. Whether you like it or not.

Trubisky had tenure. He got replaced. Mike Glennon got paid a ton and they had no problem putting Trubisky out there in front of him. Two years ago they sat the tenured Dalton to play Fields.

Just admit you're talking out of your ass.

Poles has cut guys this year that the team still owes millions to in Leatherwood and a few others. This isn't a money thing. Don't try to make it one. Spin your wheels harder and make something else up.

You couldn't smell shit if it was right under your nose because you're oblivious.

The ole meatball "eye test" is horseshit.
Well, I'm sure Peterman's there ahead of him cuz he's proven to be better. :rolleyes2:

They have put all their eggs in Fields' basket, so it's ride or die. I'm gonna go with "die".

Kinda seems like you've put all your eggs in his basket too.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure Peterman's there ahead of him cuz he's proven to be better. :rolleyes2:

No, we've established it's because he makes 250K more.

Because that's the logical answer. Oh, and politics. Can't forget Halas Hall politics. Peterman has the favor of the boys in the front office. He brings them coffee.
Kinda seems like you've put all your eggs in his basket too.

My eggs are in the basket of whoever is starting. I wanted Mitch to be good. I wanted Rex to be good. I want Orton, Cutler, Fields, and any QB in a Bears uniform to be good. If Bagent plays....I want him to be amazing and make me eat my words.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we've established it's because he makes 250K more.

Because that's the logical answer. Oh, and politics. Can't forget Halas Hall politics. Peterman has the favor of the boys in the front office. He brings them coffee.

My eggs are in the basket of whoever is starting. I wanted Mitch to be good. I wanted Rex to be good. I want Orton, Cutler, Fields, and any QB in a Bears uniform to be good. If Bagent plays....I want him to be amazing and make me eat my words.

I agree. Until I've seen enough. I've seen enough. Dude just isn't getting it, bruh, and it has nothing to do with anyone else. It's between his ears.

Maybe sitting him down for a bit will re-ignite something.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut up, stupid

I would consider it...but the source is some guy that's riding Tyson Nobody's nuts right now. Just...nah. Don't worry though...This ship is sinking so ya boy will get some playing time before all is said and done. Then reality will hit and you'll be talking about the draft or whatever.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider it...but the source is some guy that's riding Tyson Nobody's nuts right now. Just...nah. Don't worry though...This ship is sinking so ya boy will get some playing time before all is said and done. Then reality will hit and you'll be talking about the draft or whatever.
Ya, I'm riding his nuts. :rolleyes2:

The truth is simply, I've got off the Fields bus. You're still on it. Enjoy the bumpy ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.