• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s….that’s all you got champ? Even the average retard here can do better. Sad.
Wow… you just keep topping yourself. What’s your real life like? You have to be a really sad individual to lob personal attacks against any random person who disagrees with you on something as meaningless and trivial as professional football. I feel sorry for you.

(I wish we could just talk football and get away from all of the personal attacks.)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow… you just keep topping yourself. What’s your real life like?

Pretty amazing most days, honestly.
You have to be a really sad individual to lob personal attacks against any random person who disagrees with you on something as meaningless and trivial as professional football.

What’s even sadder is taking offense to words on a screen from an anonymous person you can’t see.

I mean….what kind of person takes this seriously? Did my words really hurt you? It’s not my fault your ideas are dumb. Take that up with your self.
(I wish we could just talk football and get away from all of the personal attacks.)

Not sure why this is in parenthesis but we can. You just have to not be stupid. Don’t say stupid things and I won’t be here to say they are stupid. It’s quite simple.

You’re free to say anything you want. You aren’t free from ridicule when those things are dumb.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing most days, honestly.

What’s even sadder is taking offense to words on a screen from an anonymous person you can’t see.

I mean….what kind of person takes this seriously? Did my words really hurt you? It’s not my fault your ideas are dumb. Take that up with your self.

Not sure why this is in parenthesis but we can. You just have to not be stupid. Don’t say stupid things and I won’t be here to say they are stupid. It’s quite simple.

You’re free to say anything you want. You aren’t free from ridicule when those things are dumb.
What will you say if Fields turns into a bust? He’s shown flashes, but so has every qb we’ve had. How good do you think Fields will be? Personally, he hasn’t shown me anything other than being a good running QB. You also never offended me. I don’t really care what anyone on here thinks of me. I just realize that the people who lob personal attacks at everyone over sports most likely aren’t living fulfilling lives.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will you say if Fields turns into a bust?

I’ll say he’s a bust. Duh.
He’s shown flashes, but so has every qb we’ve had.

What Fields is showing or not showing has nothing to do with any past QB.

Fields has had two seasons. 1 full offseason where he was the starter. Finished his first season in a new offense….his third offense in 3 seasons. And he was surrounded by human dogshit thanks to a rebuild.

Patience is needed.
I don’t really care what anyone on here thinks of me

Whatever you say man.
I just realize that the people who lob personal attacks at everyone over sports most likely aren’t living fulfilling lives.

Your years of studying psychology lead you to that or is just making up random bullshit simply a personality trait of yours?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise Fields is more than good enough to win games and win playoff games with. His ceiling is ridiculously high. If he can improve and get even close to that ceiling remains to be seen.

It takes a whole roster to win. 53 players. You have to be good on both sides of the ball and you need impact players on all levels. The Bears have a QB that meets the criteria. They don’t much elsewhere on the roster. Maybe they are close in the secondary. But where else? Punter. Kmet is a decent tight end. Justin Jones is an okay rotational DT. They have two guys that are average level #2 receivers probably. And that’s really it.

There is a ton of work to do on the roster. That should be Poles focus. If Fields comes out and shits the bed next season then let’s talk. But how about we get him some help and let’s see what he can do? What a wild fucking thought.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise Fields is more than good enough to win games and win playoff games with. His ceiling is ridiculously high. If he can improve and get even close to that ceiling remains to be seen.

It takes a whole roster to win. 53 players. You have to be good on both sides of the ball and you need impact players on all levels. The Bears have a QB that meets the criteria. They don’t much elsewhere on the roster. Maybe they are close in the secondary. But where else? Punter. Kmet is a decent tight end. Justin Jones is an okay rotational DT. They have two guys that are average level #2 receivers probably. And that’s really it.

There is a ton of work to do on the roster. That should be Poles focus. If Fields comes out and shits the bed next season then let’s talk. But how about we get him some help and let’s see what he can do? What a wild fucking thought.
The problem with your logic is if fields never develops his skills as a passer, we will not have another opportunity like this to replace him. If we can get a first for him, we mitigate that disaster with Bryce young and we might still get a defensive stud. Our coaching staff will also get their chance to develop a young qb in their own image. We will also get more time without the cap hit of a starting QBs salary.

The problem we face right now is we don’t know if fields is going to be a franchise guy or not. If he turns out to be a top 10-15 QB, we will have to overpay a ton to keep him. If I had to guess, his future is a good enough to start QB, but not good enough for the contract to keep him around. I don’t ever see him being an elite passer.

If someone offers a top 10 pick and some change for Fields, I would trade him in an instant. We got him at 11. That’s a damn good investment if you ask me.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get a first for him, we mitigate that disaster

Your mitigating a “disaster” that hasn’t happened yet and replacing it with an unknown.

Again…you’re passing up a boat and taking the box because the box MIGHT be a boat.

It’s dumb. There’s no other way to say it. It’s just dumb.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mitigating a “disaster” that hasn’t happened yet and replacing it with an unknown.

Again…you’re passing up a boat and taking the box because the box MIGHT be a boat.

It’s dumb. There’s no other way to say it. It’s just dumb.
We don’t know if he’s a boat. We still have the same questions about him as the day we drafted him.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don’t know if he’s a boat. We still have the same questions about him as the day we drafted him.

But we wouldn’t have those questions about a rookie? A rookie in a QB draft class that isn’t exactly stellar.

If Fields were in this draft he’d be the consensus #1 pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we wouldn’t have those questions about a rookie? A rookie in a QB draft class that isn’t exactly stellar.

If Fields were in this draft he’d be the consensus #1 pick.
We get more time to evaluate You g before we spend a ton of money on him.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your whole argument is I don’t like Fields so let’s get rid of him and draft someone that could be worse. Or maybe better. Or maybe the same.

That’s it’s. It’s dumb.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your whole argument is I don’t like Fields so let’s get rid of him and draft someone that could be worse. Or maybe better. Or maybe the same.

That’s it’s. It’s dumb.
No, it’s not. You don’t like trading away the players you grew an affection for. A good GM doesn’t fall in love with players.

Status
Not open for further replies.