• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cardinals are going to regret drafting Kyler Murray

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is acting like this? I think everyone and their mom thinks the odds are stacked against him. Even Zona fans.
He doesn't have to be GOAT Top 10 to be a successful QB or be a success to this Cardinals organization. Not sure why you are getting that notion.
This is spot on. I can't figure out what @GhostOfPoverty is getting at.

I think the odds of Murray being a HOFer are stacked hugly against him. As a matter of fact, I think him being a winning QB in general are largely stacked against him.

Cardinals are taking a huge risk. They are not dipping their toe in the water. They are jumping right in. They have a plan and they are sticking to it. Their draft is evidence of that. It could go horribly wrong. I think moist people believe that will happen. I obviously hope it doesn't.

Just because I am trying to make a point as to how it COULD work, doesn't mean I think it will.

Time will tell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants will be much sorrier about taking Jones at #6.

i love the kid... Obviously since I'm a Duke fan but I laughed my ass off when he went that high... Not exactly sure the the Giants were thinking

Murray - Could be excellent and I can easily see him being a one hit wonder. All will depend upon his OL keeping him upright.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Scooby-Doo what are you thoughts about what the Cardinals got for Rosen? I think they practically got a bag of footballs for him... I think they could have and should have gotten more for him

(if you've answered this question already I am sorry...... Also, I am way too lazy to look to see if you have... cheers!)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They technically got Andy Isabella and a 5th round pick next year.

Love Isabella, we’ll see what the 5th is.

Certainly better than a bag of footballs. Would I have liked more, sure. Personally I’m surprised the got what they did. Was it what they gave up to get Rosen, no, but considering the circumstances, I’ll take it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know some fan base might get excited about their team playing in four conference title games and a Super Bowl in 10 years!
Meh, I know a bunch of fans this wouldn't excite.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the kid... Obviously since I'm a Duke fan but I laughed my ass off when he went that high... Not exactly sure the the Giants were thinking

Murray - Could be excellent and I can easily see him being a one hit wonder. All will depend upon his OL keeping him upright.

Just listen to Dopie Gettelman post draft comments. He's quickly trying to save face. How does he know two teams would've grabbed him before #17?
I still can't comptehend how NE lost two SBs to that organization. :doh:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, this kid is going to be a huge bust. I'm not sold on a 5'10" one year college wonder QB being worth anywhere near a 1st round pick. People are quick to bring up Russell Wilson, but he is both an inch taller and heavier than Murray, had 3 years of solid college ball under his belt by the time he was drafted, and was a 3rd round pick. Wilson is among an extremely rare select few QB's that short to succeed at that high of a level, let alone what the expectations of a 1st overall pick should be in Murray.

Will Rosen work out in Miami? Maybe, maybe not, but that's really besides the point in all this. I could see Murray maybe having a decent/good start RG3 style or something, maybe even turning out to be a decent player overall. But a perennial top 3 QB like you'd be hoping for with a 1st rounder? I think the odds are stacked way against him. I have nothing against the guy or the Cards, so if he proves me wrong, I'll be completely fine with it. Just calling it like I see it.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he manages to prove this wrong for more than 1 season.
Yeah, he looked like shit when he got pressured by Alabama in the playoffs. One team who won't regret the Cardinals taking Murray is the 49ers.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these threads never work out well

Depends on how you look at it. I'm not hoping for this kid to suck as if he'd been drafted by an NFC North team other than the Vikings. But I do get a kick out of the jim jams that get rustled so easily over threads like these, so even if he succeeds, I still got something out of it. If he tanks hard and ends up a backup level guy or something though, all I can say is I'll be buying some Kleenex tissues stock lol.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he looked like shit when he got pressured by Alabama in the playoffs. One team who won't regret the Cardinals taking Murray is the 49ers.
Lol. Over 300 passing and over 100 rushing. If that’s looking like crap for Kyler Murray, the Cardinals have a bright future.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he didn’t

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Over 300 passing and over 100 rushing. If that’s looking like crap for Kyler Murray, the Cardinals have a bright future.
In garbage time

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In garbage time
I guess garbage time starts at the beginning of the second quarter. I watched the game before Murray was even a thought as the Cards QB and he impressed. Made the game close after being down 28.

This is nonsense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you look at it. I'm not hoping for this kid to suck as if he'd been drafted by an NFC North team other than the Vikings. But I do get a kick out of the jim jams that get rustled so easily over threads like these, so even if he succeeds, I still got something out of it. If he tanks hard and ends up a backup level guy or something though, all I can say is I'll be buying some Kleenex tissues stock lol.
You create a thread like this and claim you win either way?

Please don't create a 4 paragraph 2,000 word response, but that's some pussy shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone has their opinion sure but then you start claiming things like he needs to be top 10 GOAT to not be a bust lolzz you aren’t thinking clearly, jim jam

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point, there isn't a lot of comparisons. 9 QB's under 6' and 2 HOFers with the potential of 3. That's 33% of QB's under 6' that make the HOF. I'll take those odds.

9 QBs under 6' since 1970, with only 1 player even close to having a chance to become a HOFer (Wilson). The other two were part of the 51 before 1970; Jurgensen was a rookie in 1957 and Finks was a rookie in 1949. Finks played part of his career as a defensive back and was inducted for his front office career, not his playing career. So now were down to one outlier (Jurgensen) and maybe Russell Wilson if he keeps his trajectory (or might even need to improve it).

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 QBs under 6' since 1970, with only 1 player even close to having a chance to become a HOFer (Wilson). The other two were part of the 51 before 1970; Jurgensen was a rookie in 1957 and Finks was a rookie in 1949. Finks played part of his career as a defensive back and was inducted for his front office career, not his playing career. So now were down to one outlier (Jurgensen) and maybe Russell Wilson if he keeps his trajectory (or might even need to improve it).
I get it. Murray is something we haven’t really seen before in the NFL. I’m very curious as to how it’s going to pan out. Although I think most agree with you, I will reserve judgment until I see him play. Obviously my opinion is a bit biased in that I want to see him succeed.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I am not being redundant in case some else mentioned this.

QB's picked #1 by teams that did not trade up usually have a very hard time. Why? The reason the team had the number one pick is that they are bad either in the OL or the DL (often both).
Murray had one of the best OLs in college. If he has to run to make the offense move, his injury potential goes up exponentially. It is likely that the line will not give his receivers enough time to separate as they did in college. It will be difficult for him to suppress an instinct to run.
Here is what he (as well as all rookies) will find out quickly: Pro lineman are bigger than most college linemen and faster than college linebackers, the linebackers are bigger than college linebackers and faster then college safeties, pro safeties are faster than college corners, and pro corners are bigger and faster than college corners.
Now of course this is true for the offensive side also. The problem for #1 QB picks is that their team is usually on the short end of average NFL players, proven by virtue of having the #1 pick in the first place.