• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cardinals are going to regret drafting Kyler Murray

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, that's the play he is know for and it was really all luck.

Sure is but still had strong arm and very mobile, and Hail Mary is just that, toss up and pray, all luck plays

Reactions: GNG

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is but still had strong arm and very mobile, and Hail Mary is just that, toss up and pray, all luck plays
I always liked Flutie. Kind of an underdog figure. Left the NFL and then came back. Had success, etc.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they continue to be called for false starts because of the lame college/high school level clap before each snap is hilarious.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, a some of us are really butt sore over your epic thread. :L

I guess it could be worse. Imagine having a top defense, offensive weapons all over the place, spending 28 mil per year on a free agent QB and missing the playoffs.

Please quote any posts I've made anywhere on this forum in which I asserted that the Vikings decision to sign Kirk Cousins was a good one, whether it be the main NFL board or even the Vikings sub. I gave it shakey approval at best when it happened due strictly to their lack of options at the time.

Also, their defense was only average last season, and their O-line was hot garbage. So despite my lack of enthusiasm about Cousins himself, I think it's pretty stupid to blame their subpar season squarely on him. If that 2018 defense had been as good as the 2017 Vikings D, they'd have been about 11-5 in 2018 instead of 8-7-1. That is a fact. Maybe even 12-4 if the O-line had been even average on top of that instead of a league bottom feader squad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fully expecting the Lions D to eat him alive on Sunday. Is two pick sixes too much to ask?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please quote any posts I've made anywhere on this forum in which I asserted that the Vikings decision to sign Kirk Cousins was a good one, whether it be the main NFL board or even the Vikings sub. I gave it shakey approval at best when it happened due strictly to their lack of options at the time.

Also, their defense was only average last season, and their O-line was hot garbage. So despite my lack of enthusiasm about Cousins himself, I think it's pretty stupid to blame their subpar season squarely on him. If that 2018 defense had been as good as the 2017 Vikings D, they'd have been about 11-5 in 2018 instead of 8-7-1. That is a fact. Maybe even 12-4 if the O-line had been even average on top of that instead of a league bottom feader squad.
I never said you approved od the cousins move. You posted this in reference to the cards...

If he turns out to suck/not be anywhere near worth the trade in the end, then oh well - the Cardinals would just go back to/resume their status quo of major suckage aside from a few years of Kurt Warner they had sprinkled in there 10+ years ago. Either way works for me.

I will admit that I'd get an extra chuckle out of it if he turns out to be a bum in the NFL just knowing that the simple act of making this thread got a few members of this board so butt sore, though lol

I made my post in reference to the Vikings... As a matter of fact, I never even mentioned Cousins in my post :noidea:

As you said before you are not invested enough in the game of football to care either way. So stop picking fights when your knowledge of the game matches your apathy toward it. Example: the Cards never traded for Murray, they drafted him with their first round pick.
Or... Keep poking. I'll have a smile on my face either way. :suds:

Last edited:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fully expecting the Lions D to eat him alive on Sunday. Is two pick sixes too much to ask?
You can ask for whatever you want.

I don't know what to expect. Locally everyone is talking about this innovative, explosive, air raid offense. I haven't seen any evidence of that so I will remain neutral until I see something myself.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ask for whatever you want.

I don't know what to expect. Locally everyone is talking about this innovative, explosive, air raid offense. I haven't seen any evidence of that so I will remain neutral until I see something myself.

I actually think Murray is okay but I have zero faith in Kingsbury. I still don’t know how he got a HC job in the NFL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Murray is okay but I have zero faith in Kingsbury. I still don’t know how he got a HC job in the NFL.

This reminds me of an Al Davis hire. Al did it because he couldn't find a capable NFL Assistant willing to take the job

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of an Al Davis hire. Al did it because he couldn't find a capable NFL Assistant willing to take the job
Capable is subjective. You can't determine who is capable until they are actually in the job.

They interviewed several assistant coaches who some would consider capable but only made a job offer to Kingsbury.

They had a plan and stuck to it. Whether it works remains to be seen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capable is subjective. You can't determine who is capable until they are actually in the job.

They interviewed several assistant coaches who some would consider capable but only made a job offer to Kingsbury.

They had a plan and stuck to it. Whether it works remains to be seen.

Of course he might turn out to be a great HC. But the odds a failed college head coach succeeding in the NFL are not good.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious. He is an QB guru and the NFL is an QB driven league. It is nothing like college where you have to recruit which is where he struggled. Kingsbury runs the offense and Vance Joseph runs the defense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he might turn out to be a great HC. But the odds a failed college head coach succeeding in the NFL are not good.
Maybe. But he never failed offensively which is why they hired him. KK know how to coach QB's. That can't be argued.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious. He is an QB guru and the NFL is an QB driven league. It is nothing like college where you have to recruit which is where he struggled. Kingsbury runs the offense and Vance Joseph runs the defense.

I guess that makes the most sense. Sounds like he’s best suited to be an OC though and not a HC but we’ll see.

I’m expecting our D to dominate the game Sunday, but if we lose I won’t be shocked.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that makes the most sense. Sounds like he’s best suited to be an OC though and not a HC but we’ll see.

I’m expecting our D to dominate the game Sunday, but if we lose I won’t be shocked.
You are probably right on both fronts. I would be lying if I said i'm not over-the-top curious how this thing is going to look.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But he never failed offensively which is why they hired him. KK know how to coach QB's. That can't be argued.

during an interview last year, someone asked Pat Mahomes when he felt like he really learned the QB position. Pat answered 'When I started working with Coach Reid'.

i'm sure it was a little tongue in cheek but even looking at Baker and Kyler.... didn't both of them not really not become elite college players until they were with Oklahoma under Stoops/Riley?

IMO, I know Kliff was a helluva QB recruiter. He 'might' be a good QB coach and offensive mind. Time will tell as we see what he does from here.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
during an interview last year, someone asked Pat Mahomes when he felt like he really learned the QB position. Pat answered 'When I started working with Coach Reid'.

i'm sure it was a little tongue in cheek but even looking at Baker and Kyler.... didn't both of them not really not become elite college players until they were with Oklahoma under Stoops/Riley?

IMO, I know Kliff was a helluva QB recruiter. He 'might' be a good QB coach and offensive mind. Time will tell as we see what he does from here.
I have no idea, nor do I care.

I care about Sunday.