• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bucks are after 3 titles... MVP (Giannis), COY (Bud) and the NBA title...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are projected to surely have won the MVP for Antetokounmpo and COY for coach Budenholzer and are looked by the odds and sports analysts to be the largest threat to dethrone GSW...

I personally think that they'll make it to the NBA finals convincingly, but have no more than 30% chance to beat GSW, if GSW is fully healthy... Your take?

Reactions: GNG

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when are individual awards considered titles?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks should make it to the NBA Championship series but nothing is guaranteed.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about counting chickens while they are eggs....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are projected to surely have won the MVP for Antetokounmpo and COY for coach Budenholzer and are looked by the odds and sports analysts to be the largest threat to dethrone GSW...

I personally think that they'll make it to the NBA finals convincingly, but have no more than 30% chance to beat GSW, if GSW is fully healthy... Your take?

Convincingly is a bit strong, but if Kawhi doesn't get more help, that could be the result.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convincingly is a bit strong, but if Kawhi doesn't get more help, that could be the result.

I just can't see how the Raptors can cope against the Bucks having only Ibaka in their bench, while the Bucks have 2-3 players to throw on any match-up... They played Gasol for 45mins and Kwahi for 43mins against the Sixers yesterday and were "killed" when they used VanVleet (who?) for only 6mins!

The roster line-up of the Raptors is an "open book" for any opponent coach to read...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see how the Raptors can cope against the Bucks having only Ibaka in their bench, while the Bucks have 2-3 players to throw on any match-up... They played Gasol for 45mins and Kwahi for 43mins against the Sixers yesterday and were "killed" when they used VanVleet (who?) for only 6mins!

The roster line-up of the Raptors is an "open book" for any opponent coach to read...

If they feed the ball down low, Marc could have an easy time with Lopez. Siakam and Ibaka might be able to slow Giannis a bit. However, that Raptors depth chart is paper thin. That's what happens when you trade for someone like Marc Gasol (just like the Sixers with trading for Tobias and Jimmy this season). The Bucks have at least 4 guys they can trust available off the bench.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they feed the ball down low, Marc could have an easy time with Lopez. Siakam and Ibaka might be able to slow Giannis a bit. However, that Raptors depth chart is paper thin. That's what happens when you trade for someone like Marc Gasol (just like the Sixers with trading for Tobias and Jimmy this season). The Bucks have at least 4 guys they can trust available off the bench.
The Bucks will play "team defense" as they always do... Giannis will be backing up Lopez (and every body else) and then they will start with "3 towers on the floor" with Mirotic at 3, Giannis at 4 and Lopez at 5, Middleton at 2 and Bledsoe/Hill at 1... As I said it will be a "team defense" were the players they'll be primarily watching, will be Lopez at Gasol, Giannis at Siakam, Mirotic at Green, Middleton at Kwahi and Bledsoe at Lowery... It will be Hill, Brogdon, Brown, Connaughton and Ilyasova from bench...

I expect they'll continuously rotate Middleton, Brown and Connaughton on Kwahi in order to exhaust him out... Additionally, I believe that it's a huge loss that the Raptors don't have Anunoby to rotate... Don't be surprised if Kwahi will be kept down to 24-26 pts and plays 42 mins in the series...

I really can't see how the Raptors can cope with the Bucks rotation... Especially with the guards rotation, the Raps have a huge problem to match up...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the laugh, much needed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your assessment.

I believe the Bucks are potentially the biggest threat to the KD Warriors of any team they have played. On paper, they are better than the '17 Cavs or any Rocket team from the last 2 years.

But, the Rockets had a swagger about them. They looked GS eye to eye and were not afraid. They honestly believed they could win.

If the Bucks have that same belief, they could make it real interesting. If they don't have that swagger and if they let their inexperience show, they could get destroyed.

I want to see how Milwaukee responds to the challenge of Kawhi and Toronto and how healthy KD and Cousins are before I make any actual predictions though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks biggest weakness is their lack of experience. Well, that and if Giannis gets hurt.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vegas right now has Bucks at 9-4 and Raptors at 7.5-1, which I think is ridiculous.

I think it's more like Bucks 12-1, Raptors 25-1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas right now has Bucks at 9-4 and Raptors at 7.5-1, which I think is ridiculous.

I think it's more like Bucks 12-1, Raptors 25-1.

Have to price in the KD injury.

Can't make it too cheap in case he can't return.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to price in the KD injury.

Can't make it too cheap in case he can't return.

Potential injury might bring these odds down some.

I mean, Raps at 7.5-1 to win the title?

That's better than the odds of the Rams, and Cheifs to win the SuperBowl next year. NBA always has bad futures.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential injury might bring these odds down some.

I mean, Raps at 7.5-1 to win the title?

That's better than the odds of the Rams, and Cheifs to win the SuperBowl next year. NBA always has bad futures.

Well, there are only 4 teams left.

And the favorite has a couple major injuries.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be an interesting final 4. I have the Bucks beating the Raptors. Also if Durant is out for any length of time I can see that hurting the Warriors so the title picture could be wide open.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be an interesting final 4. I have the Bucks beating the Raptors. Also if Durant is out for any length of time I can see that hurting the Warriors so the title picture could be wide open.

Do you see the Blazers causing any "problems" to GSW?