• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times when age doesn't apply to certain players the way it does to so many others. Look at 33 year old Kahlil Mack, Allen's now ex-teammate. He had arguably his best season last year. Same with Allen, '23 was right up there with the best of his seasons to date.
Yep.

Every player is different.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Keenan initial presser as the Bears new WR:

Seems like a quiet, easy going, yet confident guy. He mentions more than once that he thinks the offense has a lot of weapons and will be solid - he praised DJ in particular several times. He also avoided any potential controversy regarding the QB sitch. The fun fact learned here near the end of the presser was that he appeared on The Masked Singer. Whuda thunk.

The masked singer heh.....lol

May have to find that......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Keenan initial presser as the Bears new WR:

Seems like a quiet, easy going, yet confident guy. He mentions more than once that he thinks the offense has a lot of weapons and will be solid - he praised DJ in particular several times. He also avoided any potential controversy regarding the QB sitch. The fun fact learned here near the end of the presser was that he appeared on The Masked Singer. Whuda thunk.
Nice.
Saw a blurb (and now of course i cannot find it)... was relating how Keenan's combine 40 time was "a concern". He ended up falling to the 3rd round with 6 other WR picked ahead of him.

Anywho, the recent article said that Allen is not fast but is a master at getting separation. Article went on to say that a player like that can play a long time in this league.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywho, the recent article said that Allen is not fast but is a master at getting separation. Article went on to say that a player like that can play a long time in this league.
There are already whispers out there suggesting Poles will be extending his contract, possibly 2-3 years. The way Allen plays and assuming he doesn't suffer some type of season ending injury, I'd be 100% down for that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic kicks out it's latest mock on the Bears first two picks:

The key to Turner being there at #9 is the team drafting just ahead of us at #8, the Falcons. A lot of mocks have them taking Turner, and along with the Bears and Vikings, they have a pre-draft visit scheduled with him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard we picked up Coleman Shelton center from the Rams on a 1 year deal,he started 30 games last two seasons,being we signed snd traded for a center,I wonder if center is still on the to do list in the draft........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard we picked up Coleman Shelton center from the Rams on a 1 year deal,he started 30 games last two seasons,being we signed snd traded for a center,I wonder if center is still on the to do list in the draft........
If it is, it will either have to be with our 3rd or 4th round pick, unless Poles does what's expected and pull off a trade back or two in order to nab more picks.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is, it will either have to be with our 3rd or 4th round pick, unless Poles does what's expected and pull off a trade back or two in order to nab more picks.

Even though I want a center to be drafted so bad...At this point I wouldn't bet on it. They signed 2 guys that could man the position so I don't trust them anymore to make the obvious move.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rather unlikely trade back scenario here in this latest mock:

Not sure why Philly would trade up so high to grab an OT, unless their ranks have been depleted this offseason. It's been my understanding that their OL is top 10, even top 5. I know they lost Kelce due to retirement, but Fuaga is a tackle, albeit the best RT in this year's draft. And even if this had any legs, Pole should definitely hold out for a better deal. Going from #9 to #22 and only receiving a #53 and a 2025 3rd round pick in exchange? He can do better than that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we a playoff team this coming season?

...the 2024 Bears should enter the 2024 season with playoff-or-bust expectations. They went 7-10 last season and blew three games in which they owned a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter. They did that despite starting 0-4 and having Fields miss four games in the middle of the season.

Given their last-place schedule and the assumed upgrades at quarterback, offensive coordinator, running back, and wide receiver, 10 wins should be attainable.

I agree that the biggest pressure for a Bears winning/playoff season falls squarely on Eberflus' shoulders. It's a fair guess to say for him it's postseason or see ya. But when we're talking expectations of having a playoff-bound team led by a rookie QB, the bottom line is that the X factor clearly gets pinned on Williams. Hell, make that the XXXXX factor.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think we are a playoff team this upcoming season,but my expectationd would be for rookie qb is get us around 8 or 9 wins,protect the ball and build some chemistry........
Not sure what tbe records are for Bears rookie qbs,but I do think threy will be passed......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More evidence that Poles is taking Williams with the 1st pick:

I doubt the Bears would even be on this game's radar if not for the likelihood of a Williams pick, not to mention a potential early matchup between him and Stroud, even tho neither would likely appear in the game. Maybe Caleb for a few photoshoot snaps at best. And VERY safe snaps to be sure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already whispers out there suggesting Poles will be extending his contract, possibly 2-3 years. The way Allen plays and assuming he doesn't suffer some type of season ending injury, I'd be 100% down for that.
He'll eventually elect to go into the Hall of Fame as a Chicago Bear after we win multiple Super Bowls and he has the time of his life :D

"But Rich! He's not a Hall of Fame WR!"

Not yet. However, the best is yet to come, gentlemen. Keenan Allen will play 18 out of 17 regular season games per season to make up for the games lost to injury with the Chargers and flirt with 2K yards per season, for 5+ seasons with the Bears. That extra game? We shall loan him to whoever is playing Green Bay.

Jokes aside - I love Keenan Allen. If we can just get 1-2 years of prime/healthy-ish Keenan Allen and then another year or two of an older (but still effective) Keenan Allen. That's awesome. If he can actually have a full, healthy season? He might be able to flirt with BMarsh's record of 118 catches in a season.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Goggles gives us a 3 point plan to maximize Caleb's chances for success in his rookie year:

In short:
1. Draft Alt or Fashanu at #9
2. Sign FA Michael Gallup for 3rd WR
3. Draft Malachi Corley in Rd 3

Wasn't aware that Gallup was available. He wouldn't make for a bad 3rd banana, certainly better than anyone currently on the roster for that role. He's still relatively young at 28, but his best days are well behind him. At least he played in every game last year, which could come in handy if one of our top 2, especially Allen, misses a few games.

I've been seeing Malachi associated with the Bears on a number of sites, always as our 3rd round pick. Dude is built like a halfback and strong as an ox, benching 225lbs 27 times. That's almost unheard of with WRs. He's had some decent stats during his play at Western Kentucky. One thing tho, if Poles hangs onto the 9th pick, I'll bet a dollar to a donut that he'll use our 3rd round as trade back bait. Corley could be gone by the time the dust settles.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's somewhat of a 'State of the OL' and where do we go from here analysis:

If these projections are even somewhat on point, it looks like Poles will need to invest in the line with higher picks and/or signings for the next few years. Maybe even starting with #9 this year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If these projections are even somewhat on point, it looks like Poles will need to invest in the line with higher picks and/or signings for the next few years. Maybe even starting with #9 this year.
Genius once again one step ahead.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius once again one step ahead.
LOL…You ain’t got a pulse on sh*t when it comes to the Bears. Especially oline…Going on about how we were going to sign Orlando Brown when it was obvious we were rolling with Braxton Jones at LT this past season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better hope for a trade down then as Alt is the only viable option lineman worth taking at 9 and as the article noted, not really an area of dire need. No second round pick means your in third round territory, 1 pick with 3rd round territory holes at Wr and Interior oline. >shrugs<

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope for a trade down then as Alt is the only viable option lineman worth taking at 9 and as the article noted, not really an area of dire need. No second round pick means your in third round territory, 1 pick with 3rd round territory holes at Wr and Interior oline. >shrugs<
Couldn't disagree more. Odunze, Nabers, and Turner are very worthy of the 9th pick. In fact, I'd have both Odunze and Nabers as being more worthy than Alt. In just about any other draft, these two would be #1 WR picks. They each bring a ton of talent to the equation and I want as many weapons for Williams as possible. Now as I've already mentioned, if Alt is on the board and Poles takes him with #9, I'll wholly support this as well.