• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the trade for Allen, while there's still plenty of offseason left until the draft, it might now be looking like the #9 pick will go to one of the several highly touted DEs, and that's assuming Poles stays put. It remains the only glaring hole that still needs to be filled. However, now that he has only 4 picks remaining, that 9 spot could be a candidate for a trade back.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the trade for Allen, while there's still plenty of offseason left until the draft, it might now be looking like the #9 pick will go to one of the several highly touted DEs, and that's assuming Poles stays put. It remains the only glaring hole that still needs to be filled. However, now that he has only 4 picks remaining, that 9 spot could be a candidate for a trade back.
It feels so rare to have 2 top ten picks, it makes my gambler bug wanna go big.

2 day one studs. QB and a big ugly bastard.

I would be ok with keeping Fields, but only if they draft QB at one, and make them fight to the death.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holyshit.....Keenan is a Bear......??

Nice very nice.
Getting up there in age, gave up a 4th, but. Yes he was very productive last season when he played. Starting caliber WR.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels so rare to have 2 top ten picks, it makes my gambler bug wanna go big.

2 day one studs. QB and a big ugly bastard.

I would be ok with keeping Fields, but only if they draft QB at one, and make them fight to the death.
I see the Bears moving down from 9 if they take Calib.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id have to say we are drafting Caleb now,if we were trading the no.1,we probably not taken Keenan,we wouldve taken MHJ........

And Im good with a trench guy at 9 on either side of te ball......

Happy days are ahead of us......

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting up there in age, gave up a 4th, but. Yes he was very productive last season when he played. Starting caliber WR.

Yes he is,but Ill take it........

This fron from NFL.com:

Allen, who will turn 32 in April, is entering the final season of a four-year, $80 million contract with a base salary of $18.1 million. He's also coming off one of the best seasons of his decorated career, having hauled in a career-best 108 receptions for 1,243 yards and seven touchdowns.

Sounds good to me.......the salary is a little high,but cheaper than some of the younger guys who signed earlier......and his contract is up after this upcoming season......

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Bears moving down from 9 if they take Calib.
I mean it wouldn't surprise me by any means, but two top-tens to a team that is already not far off and young af sounds pretty awesome too.

I believe this team can win sooner than later. The back 7 is stacked with decent depth, front 4 has a stud and upcoming youth inside.

O is a couple linemen and a 3 from being legit. OH, and a fucking QB. Ugh

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is,but Ill take it........

This fron from NFL.com:

Allen, who will turn 32 in April, is entering the final season of a four-year, $80 million contract with a base salary of $18.1 million. He's also coming off one of the best seasons of his decorated career, having hauled in a career-best 108 receptions for 1,243 yards and seven touchdowns.

Sounds good to me.......
I gotta be honest, I saw his bday and thought he was 27...lol...I knew he'd played longer, but it didnt register til now. Lol

He's still gotta few a good years in him

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible trade. Harbaugh doing a number on the Bears front office (yeah yeah he's not the GM). Keenan Allen will be 32 years old and is always injured. What is the point of this trade exactly? You make a trade like this to put your team over the top. We don't have a QB, oline, dline but now we have aging 32 year old with injury history and the idiot Bear fan nation is happy about it.

Good grief.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest, I saw his bday and thought he was 27...lol...I knew he'd played longer, but it didnt register til now. Lol

He's still gotta few a good years in him
There are times when age doesn't apply to certain players the way it does to so many others. Look at 33 year old Kahlil Mack, Allen's now ex-teammate. He had arguably his best season last year. Same with Allen, '23 was right up there with the best of his seasons to date.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times when age doesn't apply to certain players the way it does to so many others. Look at 33 year old Kahlil Mack, Allen's now ex-teammate. He had arguably his best season last year. Same with Allen, '23 was right up there with the best of his seasons to date.
lmao. This just in Keenan Allen is immune to time.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen 18.1M cap hit + 5M roster bonus. Good grief, this trade is getting worse and worse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation - "Am I surprised? Shit. If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn into the carpet, I would be less surprised than I am right now."

That was about the last thing I expected.

I love Keenan. My concern is his age (32 this year) and his history of hamstring issues ALWAYS bothering him. He always misses some time.

I suppose that's why we got him for a 4th.

But hot damn... Moore, Allen, Kmet, Swift. We have a nice arsenal of weapons in the passing game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation - "Am I surprised? Shit. If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn into the carpet, I would be less surprised than I am right now."

That was about the last thing I expected.

I love Keenan. My concern is his age (32 this year) and his history of hamstring issues ALWAYS bothering him. He always misses some time.

I suppose that's why we got him for a 4th.

But hot damn... Moore, Allen, Kmet, Swift. We have a nice arsenal of weapons in the passing game.
I don't think Poles is thru acquiring WR help. Whereas I thought the 9th pick would be an ideal spot for taking one of the many stud wideouts, now with Allen under tow, I'm starting to think DE/Edge, or he trades back and still can grab a good one. But the 3rd or the remaining 4th round picks could still be in play for another receiver. I also believe this year's WR class is so stacked, there should be a number of them making it to the UDFA stage.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible trade. Harbaugh doing a number on the Bears front office (yeah yeah he's not the GM). Keenan Allen will be 32 years old and is always injured. What is the point of this trade exactly? You make a trade like this to put your team over the top. We don't have a QB, oline, dline but now we have aging 32 year old with injury history and the idiot Bear fan nation is happy about it.

Good grief.
It’s an expiring contract for a guy that produces and has WR1 talent. A 4th is no home run pick. Little risk by Chicago. They can still flip him at the deadline or let him walk. I think this is great for Caleb, you give him two veteran WR’s in his rookie year where he can grow confidence. Allen is not the future but this is important to build your potential franchise QB.

I think Harbaugh is starting fresh. Get rid of the old, injury-prone weapons and building his own offense around Herbert. Would not be surprised to see him target his Michigan boys: Corum and Wilson. They probably get Nabers or Odunze

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some Allen highlights. I'm sure there are many more, but this was the first one I found:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s an expiring contract for a guy that produces and has WR1 talent. A 4th is no home run pick. Little risk by Chicago. They can still flip him at the deadline or let him walk. I think this is great for Caleb, you give him two veteran WR’s in his rookie year where he can grow confidence. Allen is not the future but this is important to build your potential franchise QB.

I think Harbaugh is starting fresh. Get rid of the old, injury-prone weapons and building his own offense around Herbert. Would not be surprised to see him target his Michigan boys: Corum and Wilson. They probably get Nabers or Odunze

Valid points. Very rare in here.

RussianBear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a thread for mock drafts? I did it with the simulator and here's what I got (traded #1 to WSH for #2, two 2nd round picks and one 3rd round pick):
2. Drake Maye QB
9. Malik Nabers WR
36. Leonard Taylor DT
40. Jordan Morgan OT
67. Beaux Limmer OC
75. Austin Booker EDGE
122. Khyree Jackson CB